DaMarcus Beasley Calls Time On A 20 Year Career

Drumchapel-Bear

Was a big fan of wee Beasley and wish him well in retirement. Another player who suffered a bit because he wasn't the type of player our supporters thought he should be. He preferred to pass and move and retain possession but of course he was meant to hit the byline every time or he was a diddy.
He was a very good footballer technically. He had a cracking first touch.

andy17x

Memories are Tannadice and Lyon and strangely enough an away win vs Kilmarnock when we were struggling in that game

Watched him a few times in the regular MLS season and he was playing for Houston Dynamo. Sadly a blind man could see he was finished. Wish him all the best for the future and thank him for his efforts in a blue jersey
Midweek, and it was bloody freezing - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8556209.stm

I think he scored there a few season before in a win also

Blue seventy two

I saw him play for Houston last year, he played full back and had lost all of his pace, time catches up with us all I suppose.

Tougherthanbullets

Beasley is the only U.S. man to play in four FIFA World Cups, his first in 2002 and his latest in 2014,

Beasley scored his first goal for the club against FK Zeta in a Champions League qualifier on August 7, 2007,[12] becoming the first American to score for two clubs in the competition.

The US international, 37, won six trophies during his three-year spell at Rangers between 2007 and 2010.
I was at Arrivals at Glasgow Airport waiting on an ex-girlfriend coming of US flight. Standing next to me was Sandy Jardine waiting for DMB. SJ had a bit of a scowl on his face so he never got the chance to meet me:))

Haining84

I’ve gotta be honest,I liked Beasley but always felt he never quite hit the heights he should have with us.He was never really a regular first choice pick for us in his 3 seasons with us.It always seemed to be wee burst here and there,especially after he came back from injury after the first season.

Skyy Bluenose

Skillful player who didn't fit with the SPL hammer throwers.

Remember the game against Caley, where Ross Tokely kicked the shit out of him for an hour before he was subbed.
Was that the game he scored a goal that was 5 yards onside, that was chopped off or was that at the sheep pen?

Haining84

Skillful player who didn't fit with the SPL hammer throwers.

Remember the game against Caley, where Ross Tokely kicked the shit out of him for an hour before he was subbed.
Was that the game he scored a goal that was 5 yards onside, that was chopped off or was that at the sheep pen?
Aberdeen away I think mate.

BaTmAn

I remember a big European qualifier where we were hanging onto a 1-0. Barry and Beasley just played keep ball for the last few minutes. Was an absolute masterclass in passing and moving.