DaMarcus Beasley Calls Time On A 20 Year Career

Jan Žižka

Memories are Tannadice and Lyon and strangely enough an away win vs Kilmarnock when we were struggling in that game

Watched him a few times in the regular MLS season and he was playing for Houston Dynamo. Sadly a blind man could see he was finished. Wish him all the best for the future and thank him for his efforts in a blue jersey

Good luck DMB and thanks for the memories you created at Ibrox. A great moment was away to Red Star in the last few minutes when between him and Barry Ferguson they kept posession at the red star corner flag to see out the clock....and qualify for the CL. Great stuff.

Memories are Tannadice and Lyon and strangely enough an away win vs Kilmarnock when we were struggling in that game

Watched him a few times in the regular MLS season and he was playing for Houston Dynamo. Sadly a blind man could see he was finished. Wish him all the best for the future and thank him for his efforts in a blue jersey

Thought he was pretty solid for the Dynamo last season, but gave up my tickets and not bothered watching this one. Good wee pro that seems like a great guy. Like most American soccer players, made the most of his talent with hard work and professionalism & carved out a great career.
Met him in the players lounge at BBVA a couple of times at and he's still a bear at heart, so wish the wee man all the best.

Thought he was pretty solid for the Dynamo last season, but gave up my tickets and not bothered watching this one. Good wee pro that seems like a great guy. Like most American soccer players, made the most of his talent with hard work and professionalism & carved out a great career.
Met him in the players lounge at BBVA a couple of times at and he's still a bear at heart, so wish the wee man all the best.

He was an excellent professional there is no denying that. But I watch a lot of the MLS and everytime I seen him he was average at best. He was playing at left back but I am assuming that is because his legs had gone. For me it is a sad end to a decent career, but I wish him all the best in whatever he decides to do

Decent player for us, not a superstar but still pretty good. We have done quite well with American players over the last few years.

One of the most fouled players in the premier league and also one of the most misspelled names!

Disappointing in USA he does not get recognition he deserves after retiring.
I believe he won 17 trophies and played for the Rangers and in Germany. Of course a USA national player also.
Also probably led the way for African American soccer players?
I personally wish him all the best in his retirement.
Once a Ranger always a Ranger.

I remember he was back in the squad in the 2009/2010 around Christmas time and was like a new signing. Had a decent run of 3 or 4 games then that was it really.

A decent player who was constantly fouled left right and centre while playing for us. That goal in Lyon and the celebration where a thing of joy and beauty.

Was a big fan of wee Beasley and wish him well in retirement. Another player who suffered a bit because he wasn't the type of player our supporters thought he should be. He preferred to pass and move and retain possession but of course he was meant to hit the byline every time or he was a diddy.

Watched him lift the 2018 US Open Cup as Captain for Houston Dynamo - their first trophy since title win of 2007. Dynamo gave him a good send off, subbed off with a couple of minutes to go and got the reception he deserved. No more running, DMB. Great career.

Cracking wee player was Marcus DaBeasley. My overriding memory of him is that big tit Ross Tokley kicking lumps out of him whenever up against him.

Beasley is the only U.S. man to play in four FIFA World Cups, his first in 2002 and his latest in 2014,

Beasley scored his first goal for the club against FK Zeta in a Champions League qualifier on August 7, 2007,[12] becoming the first American to score for two clubs in the competition.

The US international, 37, won six trophies during his three-year spell at Rangers between 2007 and 2010.
Thank you Demarcus, all the best in retirement. Come back and see us!

43 appearances, 6 goals and 12 assists with 2 League titles and a Scottish cup. Not a bad haul. Enjoy your retirement DMB.

Shocked he is still playing. Feels like a lifetime ago he was playing for us.

Will be remembered by me for that night in Lyon.

Was a big fan of wee-wee Beasley and wish him well in retirement. Another player who suffered a bit because he wasn't the type of player our supporters thought he should be. He preferred to pass and move and retain possession but of course he was meant to hit the byline every time or he was a diddy.

But DaMarcus, during a match in the 2002 World Cup against Mexico, had to go, and indeed he did go. During the match. Against Mexico. On the grass. One can also make out through the BBC censorship blur that he doesn’t even need to take the shorts off, he snakes it down the little leg hole to give himself an angle at the grass.

:))

Too lightweight but by fuuk he was good in europe for us.

He was a likeable lad and how many FFers couldn't spell his name was hilarious marcus dabeasley loyal.

Always remember that spell at Christmas 2009 where we, and he in particular, were absolute dynamite.

iuDoXB9.png

The Motherwell game stood out for some reason. Probably because they played Shakin' Stevens at the final whistle!

Was a big fan of wee Beasley and wish him well in retirement. Another player who suffered a bit because he wasn't the type of player our supporters thought he should be. He preferred to pass and move and retain possession but of course he was meant to hit the byline every time or he was a diddy.

He was a very good footballer technically. He had a cracking first touch.

Midweek, and it was bloody freezing - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8556209.stm

I think he scored there a few season before in a win also

I saw him play for Houston last year, he played full back and had lost all of his pace, time catches up with us all I suppose.

Beasley is the only U.S. man to play in four FIFA World Cups, his first in 2002 and his latest in 2014,

Beasley scored his first goal for the club against FK Zeta in a Champions League qualifier on August 7, 2007,[12] becoming the first American to score for two clubs in the competition.

The US international, 37, won six trophies during his three-year spell at Rangers between 2007 and 2010.
I was at Arrivals at Glasgow Airport waiting on an ex-girlfriend coming of US flight. Standing next to me was Sandy Jardine waiting for DMB. SJ had a bit of a scowl on his face so he never got the chance to meet me:))

Back