Dan Walker to leave Football Focus / Alex Scott appointed

So sorry. I'll try to consider what sort of post will satisfy ClockworkOrange in future.

To help further his 'pure bile' remark followed his defence of BBC Scotland's attitude towards the club. Anytime I see him discussing us, whether scripted or not, he looks like he's chewing a lemon. Seems to find us distasteful.

No, it's not a case of satisfying me: it's providing evidence that backs up what he thinks.

He's not responsible for the reviews on Football Focus or much (all? some?) of what he is asked to say, so there was no evidence there to suggest that he personally hates Rangers fans.

Clearly messages on Twitter - for which he is responsible - are different.

No, it's not a case of satisfying me: it's providing evidence that backs up what he thinks.

He's not responsible for the reviews on Football Focus or much (all? some?) of what he is asked to say, so there was no evidence there to suggest that he personally hates Rangers fans.

Clearly messages on Twitter - for which he is responsible - are different.
It seems to be a case of satisfying you as I think you will find your accusation that I said he hates Rangers baseless. I did respond to another bears request for insight into what he has said about the club and I gave a couple of examples. Good to see you belatedly acknowledge that you don't really know how much of his reporting is scripted and how much is personal commentary.

I know he gives me the impression he doesn't like us and he has convinced me he is a rank bad journalist. His defence of BBC Scotland was based on the incorrect myth that we banned Gollum, for example. He didn't bother to check his facts before bad mouthing Rangers and then the bears.

Away to (hopefully) watch Arsenal gub racists.

Thinks he made it now he on Breakfast TV

Ruined FF - too much womens football, Alex Scott will take over I am sure.

It seems to be a case of satisfying you as I think you will find your accusation that I said he hates Rangers baseless. I did respond to another bears request for insight into what he has said about the club and I gave a couple of examples. Good to see you belatedly acknowledge that you don't really know how much of his reporting is scripted and how much is personal commentary.

I know he gives me the impression he doesn't like us and he has convinced me he is a rank bad journalist. His defence of BBC Scotland was based on the incorrect myth that we banned Gollum, for example. He didn't bother to check his facts before bad mouthing Rangers and then the bears.

Away to (hopefully) watch Arsenal gub racists.

No, the examples that you gave weren't really indicative of much in themselves, and unless you know what was scripted and what was personal commentary then you can't comment much on that either :D

Anyway, as you say: let's watch the footie.

My dislike for him goes back further. When we got back up Football Focus done a preview of the first Old Firm game. He gave it all the Glasgow Derby pish, and to paraphrase “the first Rangers Celtic game in “X” years, or as many people consider it the first ever meeting between the two clubs”. Might even have been the Scottish Cup semi. Just no need for it and pandering to the the bitter mhank extremist mindset.
It was the 2015 League Cup semi.

I asked him on Twitter at that time if he would consider saying the same about Middlesbrough or Leeds. Never replied.

KWQQdVp.gif

There are podcasts that provide better coverage than these programs do. The worse offenders are the highlight shows like MOTD and Sportscene - we don’t care about your opinion we just want to see the goals.

A combination of the staggered PL KO’s and the fact that Sky/BT fire the highlights up in a 3 minute package on YouTube after full time has completely curtailed my MOTD viewing.

Used to love it as well.

BBC coverage went a wee bit downhill last season. They merged the two shows into one and Chapman stepped back from it a few weeks into the season.
Chapman lost his wife to cancer last year. That is why he "stepped back".
Liked Chappers since his Radio 1 days but he doesn't fit main BBC criteria these days.

Chapman lost his wife to cancer last year. That is why he "stepped back".
Liked Chappers since his Radio 1 days but he doesn't fit main BBC criteria these days.
That’s tragic. I tried to find out what happened at the time because I thought it was strange with the season having already started, makes sense now, real shame for him.

I think he came back for the Super Bowl and continued to present MOTD2 so hopefully he’s managing to move on.

A combination of the staggered PL KO’s and the fact that Sky/BT fire the highlights up in a 3 minute package on YouTube after full time has completely curtailed my MOTD viewing.

Used to love it as well.
Exactly the same here. It just seems like a waste of money at this point for the BBC, especially when it comes to salaries of the presenters.

Football focus consists of; Isn’t the EPL wonderful, in the build up to that particular weekends big game. The England manager will be there watch xyz with a view to another qualifying campaign England will stroll. Then a patronising piece about some lower or non league club and its impact on the community.

A puff piece about ‘wummins’ football and then a grudging sound byte about Scottish football if they deem something interesting has or is likely to have taken place...Then fade to beige Dan before remaining viewers can finally escape the suffocating, mediocrity of the BBC’s flagship football preamble.

My attention is usually shot after about two minutes of Dan’s monotonous diatribe...Even if he didn’t have a perceived issue with us I couldn’t say I have ever taken to him.

His great grandfather (or something like that)was a former chairman of Rangers so I think you may be getting mixed up.
Yes I found that information about John Ure Primrose.

I always understood that Bob Wilson had a soft spot for celtic but can't find any evidence without spending time researching, so I could be wrong.

I like Alex Scott but it’s all about box ticking now.

The PC mob have won and the viewers are leaving in droves.

The magnificent bastard tied her up in knots on super Sunday.

Can't get upset that a show I don't watch will be presented by a presenter I am ambivalent about.

Suspect that Football Focus's viewing figures mean its almost - and about to be - an irrelevance.

Back