Daniel Candeias - The Complete Winger

As the assist stats show. He is the best winger in the league.

Only slight issue i have with him is that he doesn't shoot sometimes when he is in a good position.

Overall he has been a great buy.

Daniel Candeias is not far off being the best player in the country these days.

He’s just absolutely brilliant.
Genuinely could not agree more. Just hope he does not takes his gloves off.. Must have some sort of kryptonite in them. Unbelievable performances recently.

Simple to the tune of Bougherra's song;

O Danny Danny Danny Candeias

O Danny Danny Danny Candeias

Danny Candeias

Ohhh Danny Candeias

He took a while to settle in but I would put that down to how sh.t pedro was as a manager,

His first touch is up there with the best in britain and reminds me of laudrup in how un-selfish he is,

Credit to murty for just how much he has improved danny amongst others, it cant be an accident that since he took over certain players have massively improved and it wasnt long ago that most on here were slaughtering danny murty windass and tav.

Credit were its due, tav and danny deserve poty more than septics 2 candidates.

Funny enough I would have taken him off for Cummings as he had dropped out of the game but I wonder if the fact he never got subbed spurred him on.

His work rate is very impressive but I am going to buck the trend and say I don't think his choices and execution in the final third are that great overall....the other side of that is at 800K can you really complain? Probably not.

Before I get kicked I look over at Murphy on the other wing and I just see a player who overall makes better choices and has better execution.

And before the stattos get all sensitive I'm suggesting considering the amount of times he is in a decent position isn't reflected into clear cut chances.

I think he's been a good signing but he's hardly the complete winger or anything like it. He is unique I can't recall a wide man who did as much donkey work as he does but it was also noticeable in the 2nd half he was going central a lot-quite clearly tactical but left Tav often struggling for an option at the right time.

I honestly thought he was a silly signing - so many clubs , never making it but hrs been fantastic.

His work rate even when things aren't clicking is incredible. A fantastic addition to the squad.

You know, the one that many of us on FF did not believe could exist and so use to make excuses for Barrie McKay. Myself included amongst the worst of them.

"Winger's shouldn't have to be tracking back", "it's not their job to making challenges."

Well Daniel Candeias come on down. What a performance.

He creates, he scores, he times his runs and he is always there for an outball. But he also tracks back, tackles, draws fouls, holds the ball up and chaces down every lost ball.

What a snip at £800k. MOTM for me.
Said the same to my mate at the game today. Never seen a winger make as many tackles as he does.

Outstanding today his work rate tracking back was superb and always a threat , wish he was more confident when he had the one v one chances he had on the break and just smashed it

I would say that Candeias (I always have problems spelling Daniel’s surname) is far from the complete winger........you obviously haven’t saw some of the previous world class performers albeit he was excellent today.

He was just behind Docherty today mind you who took the game by the scruff of the neck and potentially has some future.

I would say that Candeias (I always have propblems spelling Daniel’s surname) is far from the complete winger........you obviously haven’t saw some of the previous.

When I state the complete winger i'm talking about in his balance of play. Between his offensive and defensive duties.

I'm not saying he's better than Gareth Bale.

But you knew that.

Funny enough I would have taken him off for Cummings as he had dropped out of the game but I wonder if the fact he never got subbed spurred him on.

His work rate is very impressive but I am going to buck the trend and say I don't think his choices and execution in the final third are that great overall....the other side of that is at 800K can you really complain? Probably not.

Before I get kicked I look over at Murphy on the other wing and I just see a player who overall makes better choices and has better execution.

And before the stattos get all sensitive I'm suggesting considering the amount of times he is in a decent position isn't reflected into clear cut chances.

I think he's been a good signing but he's hardly the complete winger or anything like it. He is unique I can't recall a wide man who did as much donkey work as he does but it was also noticeable in the 2nd half he was going central a lot-quite clearly tactical but left Tav often struggling for an option at the right time.
funny enough ? you would take him off before windass today o_O:rolleyes::confused:

My MOM today, closely followed by Goss, Docherty and Murphy (in that order).

funny enough ? you would take him off before windass today o_O:rolleyes::confused:

Windass was clearly having a bit of a mare in front of goal-he hit a few cracking passes but he was getting into spaces and getting chances....2nd half Candeias was constantly pushing into the middle when we were attacking-that's why I would have put Cummings in there I think it would have worked better.

I think Candeias finished the game really strongly as I stated but for me up until the substitution he was having quite a subdued 2nd half....what the punters really appreciate is his work rate I get that...it's something that Windass for example doesn't deliver on. However as I stated I tend to think the amount of good positions that DC wastes gets ignored-it's not a bad thing by the way but I don't rate him as highly as some in an attacking sense.

Quite possibly my favourite Rangers player of recent times to be honest.

Always thought he had something about him and I think that he feels wanted here which is something that he hasn’t had at clubs before.

Something that stood out for me was the game at the girodome when he and Tierney were battling for the ball at the corner flag and when he won it, he was fucking delighted.

Windass was clearly having a bit of a mare in front of goal-he hit a few cracking passes but he was getting into spaces and getting chances....2nd half Candeias was constantly pushing into the middle when we were attacking-that's why I would have put Cummings in there I think it would have worked better.

I think Candeias finished the game really strongly as I stated but for me up until the substitution he was having quite a subdued 2nd half....what the punters really appreciate is his work rate I get that...it's something that Windass for example doesn't deliver on. However as I stated I tend to think the amount of good positions that DC wastes gets ignored-it's not a bad thing by the way but I don't rate him as highly as some in an attacking sense.
and windass doesn't waste good chances / positions like today 1 on 1 with the keeper :mad:

Daniel Candeias is not far off being the best player in the country these days.

He’s just absolutely brilliant.

Something I think he needs, imo.

The self belief to go past plsyers and shoot at goal.

Absolutely wonderful for us though, his and Tavs partnership is absolutely spectacular.

First two names on the team sheet, for me.

The one shining light in the whole Pedro disaster. Very much the diamond in the turd of that reign.

He’s been excellent

To be fair Morelos and Elton John are both pretty good signing from Pedro.

It's strange that he's been a bit of a journeyman before joining us...wonder why? Also weird that he was capped for Portugal all the way through the youth teams and just never made the step up to the big team.

Maybe he's getting good man to man coaching from GM and his staff, is enjoying playing for Rangers and the appreciation he gets from the stands has given the confidence to enjoy his football

His assists now in the league Number is fantastically and he works like a right back at times. He loves a battle as well and him and Murphy are just perfect together on both wings.

Yep. The same guy who was getting slated on here by many as “worthless” when Pedro brought him in. FF at its best.

Quite possibly my favourite Rangers player of recent times to be honest.

Always thought he had something about him and I think that he feels wanted here which is something that he hasn’t had at clubs before.

Something that stood out for me was the game at the girodome when he and Tierney were battling for the ball at the corner flag and when he won it, he was fucking delighted.
The wonder kid got tore a new arse that day!

Latest posts

Back