Daniel Candeias - The Complete Winger

He's a 29 year old, £750,000 journey man who's going to have the odd bad game now and again.

More often than not he performs and even when he doesn't - his attitude and work rate is tremendous. He gets about the park like a man possessed, he attacks, delivers telling balls, helps his RB out and wins tackles on the edge of his own area.

Fantastic player with great energy, pace, attitude and work rate.

It's strange that he's been a bit of a journeyman before joining us...wonder why? Also weird that he was capped for Portugal all the way through the youth teams and just never made the step up to the big team.

How he hasnt been settled in a side until now is baffling to me his workrate is exceptional and his delivery , first touch is class the guy has been superb for us

It's strange that he's been a bit of a journeyman before joining us...wonder why? Also weird that he was capped for Portugal all the way through the youth teams and just never made the step up to the big team.

It's a strange one.

All you can say is the teams he's been with must have had some wingers if they kept Cadeias out of the side

What a buy he has been. I've never seen a winger work as hard as he does. That, added to his attacking qualities and he should be talked about much more in the media as a candidate for POTY. Seems he never gets the credit from anyone other than our fans.

He’s been a terrific signing. A brilliant attitude and has a lot to offer. His pressing and workrate is as good as I’ve seen. Pedro couldn’t make a team and made some very poor signings but he made a couple of crackers.

He's been far and away the best of the Portuguese recruits. Really well suited to Scottish football.

Very professional attitude, puts in a shift for the team and is a regular creative force. The most assists in the league.

Great player, constantly up and down the park. The partnership with Tavernier and Candeias is great - has definitely helped Tav by tracking back and helping with defending.

Best game for us today and he has had some other cracking performances. His work rate and pressing is exceptional, he also put at least 4 perfect deliveries in the box today and put Windass clean through with a perfectly executed 2 on 1 situation. Could have had 5 or 6 assists today.

Then there is the exquisite way he plucks the ball out of the air with his Velcro like first touch

He's been far and away the best of the Portuguese recruits. Really well suited to Scottish football.

Very professional attitude, puts in a shift for the team and is a regular creative force. The most assists in the league.

His career has been a strange one, no doubt.

It seems he's never really found a "home" so to speak at any club in his career.

Judging by what he's said, how he's played and just his general reaction to everything about us, I think he's finally found his "home".

I admit to giving him pelters at a few games back when pedro was here. Since then he's been getting better and better each game and is now putting in good performances consistently. Had a fantastic game today, ran riot going forward then back winning the ball the next minute.

Berra will have nightmares tonight. Every time he had the ball and looked up Candeias was closing him down or challenging him.

He was magnificent.

Hopefully give him a new contract at the end of the season. His ends in the summer of 2019. One of the first names on the teamsheet for me.

You know, the one that many of us on FF did not believe could exist and so use to make excuses for Barrie McKay. Myself included amongst the worst of them.

"Winger's shouldn't have to be tracking back", "it's not their job to making challenges."

Well Daniel Candeias come on down. What a performance.

He creates, he scores, he times his runs and he is always there for an outball. But he also tracks back, tackles, draws fouls, holds the ball up and chaces down every lost ball.

What a snip at £800k. MOTM for me.
Bang on sir. Candeias was absolutely amazing today. Tireless performance. Great team player.

Topped the stats for assists in Turkey last year. Doing the same here.

But for me its his work rate.

His contract expires at the end of next season. He must be given another year asap.

Deserves a song. In fact he said he wants a song.

Dan Dan
Dan the man
Dan Dan
Dan the man
Dan the man Candieas.

To the tune of Mo Mo.

:oops::oops::oops:

I'd go for something based on Danny Boy. Might sound controversial to some, but it would possibly send the poets over the edge. Which would be nice

What an engine on him and his bit of keepy uppey was superb.

Dare I whisper it, there was a hint of a previous winger with the initials DC during that wee passage of play....

He's probably my favourite player in the squad just now. Tenacity, responsibility, not short of pace, can whip in high quality balls, will run all day. And I actually think there's possibly even more to come if we can play at a higher tempo for longer periods. There was a point in the first half when he was one on one with their left back who proceeded to try to kick lumps out of him as he couldn't get near the ball, and then got hauners from another Hearts player and the wee man battled away against the two of them, and still won the throw in. That kind of desire will do me every week.

You know, the one that many of us on FF did not believe could exist and so use to make excuses for Barrie McKay. Myself included amongst the worst of them.

"Winger's shouldn't have to be tracking back", "it's not their job to making challenges."

Well Daniel Candeias come on down. What a performance.

He creates, he scores, he times his runs and he is always there for an outball. But he also tracks back, tackles, draws fouls, holds the ball up and chaces down every lost ball.

What a snip at £800k. MOTM for me.
Player of the season!

A foreigner in the mould of many we've had in the past who probably came knowing we were a big club, but then realised we're more than that and became hooked and fell in love. I reckon he'll associate himself with Rangers in the Novo, Hammer, Amo mould, long after he's plays his last game.

photo

Extending his contract should be an absolute priority

I've been saying all season long he is one of the main reasons Tav has been so good

He is always an outlet for the back 4, tab can bomb forward at will anytime he wants and Candeias works back to cover him

His work rate and desire is special and some.of his deliveries into the box are simply unplayable as a defender

He's up there for my POTY for sure

Said on here a few times, he’s the new papac. Not player like, just the whole scenario around the manager and him staying and making a name for himself

He’s outstanding.

Easily a £10m footballer IF he was 10 years younger. He could be like Robben in terms of remaining quick and nimble until 33/34 quite easily.

His first touch and awareness are the attributes that initially grab you but what has struck me recently is despite the sheer effort he puts in from 1st minute to last, he never looks knackered.
Always something left in the tank. Amazing!

Candeias & Tav a huge threat down the right for us. Can’t wait to see them up against the Superstar full back in a few weeks time.

He played well today but I thought he was lacking a wee bit of confidence as he was through one on one a few times and probably should have been a wee bit more greedy. His pressing though is fantastic and a real asset to the team.

Loved him since he came through the doors. Work ethic is unreal! His delivery is different class and his enthusiasm is top notch! Go on Daniel son.

Genuinely cant understand why he has been a journeyman for most of his career. I dont know if Scottish footballs more direct get it in the box approach just suits him better, but he surely must have been good enough for his previous teams? He is the epitome of a Ranger in character and effort.

I had a real laugh out loud moment today when a long ball went through to the Hearts box and Candeais just missed out on getting onto it and the guy behind me said "what was the point of that ball, Candeais hasnae any pace!".......Aye really.....that's what he said!
I really worry about some folk!.....Mental!

Back