Daniel Candeias - what do we do with him?

Not saying that he is absolutely brilliant - but , by f-ck , we are a better team with him in it .

I love Candeias, he’s like a 2019 version of Novo. Always gives 100% and loves the club.

On top of that, he’s one of our most dangerous players. Today is a fine example, two fantastic assists. He’s probably the only player at our club who could deliver that cross for Katic.

However, on other days he appears to be our weakest link. I fully expect him to be dropped next week for Kent. His performance at Parkhead was dreadful and it was his original mistake that cost us the first goal.

One minute I want him replaced by a new signing, next he’s the first name down for a starting position.
He’s %^*& all like novo

When you read some of the remarks in this thread it makes you realise how warped people are for expecting players here to show unconditional loyalty. Why would they? So they can get abused and degraded by the airheads within our support?

Candeias would be a great squad player, he’s not really the required quality for starting all games and winning us titles. However, he more often than not runs himself into the ground for the team and deserves far more respect that he’s getting in this thread.

To win a league or cups we would need more than a starting 11. Candieas is good enough for sure to be part of the squad.

We have c adapted a bit like Liverpool with the two wide players being narrow he in a way is perfect for it with his pace and energy and workdays and closing down out to the wing.

We need better quality but he is difficult to drop when he was subbed Middleton didn't have same chafing down which in turn cause the foam and potentially another

He is a squad player but donatello a very useful one and it's always an option

When you read some of the remarks in this thread it makes you realise how warped people are for expecting players here to show unconditional loyalty. Why would they? So they can get abused and degraded by the airheads within our support?

Remind us of your love for Joe Worrall.

We need better quality but he is difficult to drop when he was subbed Middleton didn't have same chafing down which in turn cause the foam and potentially another

He is a squad player but donatello a very useful one and it's always an option

collier-rex.jpg

Last edited:
We honour the last year pf hos contract and use him more sparingly next year as the very definition of a reliable, committed squad player.

When he goes, we make sure to tell him that his overall contribution to the cause has been first rate and wish him all the very best.

I like Candeais. 800k well spent and if all players we sign had his attitude and work rate, we'd be in a good place.

He’s good for physical games where we are up against it and need to defend more than usual. He’s also better playing counterattacking football as I think he reads the game quite quickly.

He’s not so good when we are on the front foot and teams are sitting in as he doesn’t have the quality to open teams up.

So, I don’t think he is a sensible choice for every game, but I think in certain circumstances (Europe, Old firm, etc) then he would come in and do an important and specific job.

It’s also a bit silly to suggest that we have 1 starting 11 that we would play every week.

Fixed it for you

We have adapted a bit like Liverpool with the two wide players being narrow and covering wide quickly he in a way is perfect for it with his pace and energy and work rate and closing down out to the wing.

The fbs then sit higher up providing the width it causes problem for the opposition defence - hearts rb/lb didn't know who to cover and were having to sit in between the space for example between tav and candias which in turn creates more space. (flannigan/airfield other side)

We need better quality but he is difficult to drop when he was subbed. Middleton didn't have same chasing/pressing down which in turn caused the goal and potentially another.

He is a squad player but a very useful one and it's always an option to change team about.

I'd keep him, but right wing is certainly a position we should be looking to upgrade.

Would be letting Grezda go before Candeias.

Our current wide options for next season (provided we can't get Kent back) are:

Murphy
Jones
Candeias
Grezda
Middleton

It's a bit quantity over quality tbh, particularly as we don't know how Murphy will look post-injury.

He has earned his wages and is better than a lot of our players.

We could do better but would need to pay for it.

Actually thought Hearts started to get more of the ball down his flank after he went off.
He’s that type of player , contributes a lot more than some people appreciate.

What we do with him, is put him on crossing and delivery practise all f ck ng summer.

Then he will be exactly what we need.

I love Candeias, he’s like a 2019 version of Novo. Always gives 100% and loves the club.

On top of that, he’s one of our most dangerous players. Today is a fine example, two fantastic assists. He’s probably the only player at our club who could deliver that cross for Katic.

However, on other days he appears to be our weakest link. I fully expect him to be dropped next week for Kent. His performance at Parkhead was dreadful and it was his original mistake that cost us the first goal.

One minute I want him replaced by a new signing, next he’s the first name down for a starting position.

I’d keep him he 100% has a role to play.

In no way am I comparing them but Davy Cooper didn’t play well every game, he could go a few games where he was very quiet.

Let his final year run out and then release.
His wages cannot be that high.
With europe , we will need a decent sized squad and players who are familar with the club.

In no way am I comparing them but Davy Cooper didn’t play well every game, he could go a few games where he was very quiet.

The difference between cooper and candieas is cooper could beat men through ability get to the byeline and find a man with ease.

HOw often do you see candieas beat men and get to the byeline. I could probably count in one hand the amount of times he has done that!

The difference between cooper and candieas is cooper could beat men through ability get to the byeline and find a man with ease.

HOw often do you see candieas beat men and get to the byeline. I could probably count in one hand the amount of times he has done that!
I agree, my point was Coop never turned up in many games as Candieas doesn’t.

He’s become the new scapegoat on here with many wilfully overlooking all his positives to focus on the negatives.

Bottom line for me is that the manager clearly rates him though so I doubt he’ll be going anywhere.

We might, hopefully, bring in better, but I reckon he’ll stay and contribute again next season.

It's dead easy. The jersey is his until someone better displaces him.

Right now we don't have anyone who meets that criterion.

SG has rested / dropped him a couple of times this season. But he's always ended up back in the team. Even recently when the formation has been adapted to bring the front three more narrow he has adapted his game and got on with it. I thought the shift he and Kent put in as "inside forwards" when we went down to ten at the piggery was outstanding.

His very final ball / that wee bit of composure is what lets him down at times. Everything else he has in spades, and I also believe he's a very intelligent player, he knows where he's supposed to be on the pitch and only occasionally makes bad decisions (certainly not any more than anyone else in the squad). However, if he was turning it up a notch with that final ball / shot / pass / cross on a more consistent basis then quite simply he wouldn't have been within our reach in the first place.

I don't understand the whipping boy status he has assumed at times on here. The lad is a proper professional who even in the latter part of his career has been willing to learn and listen to his manager. Even when he's having a stinker he doesn't hide.

A lot of our support won't fully appreciate him until he does go.

Good objective summary mate.

Remind us of your love for Joe Worrall.

Joe Worrall is a Nottingham Forrest player who freely admits he’s up here so he can make a few mistakes and give his best years to his parent club. If you think that’s comparable to shitting on one of our players who gives his all then warped was definitely the correct term to use.

Can’t really believe what I’m reading in this thread. He did set up two goals today didn’t he? Or am I imagining that?

I know he has off games, but the positives he brings to the team far outweigh the negatives. Wingers are inconsistent by nature, and it’s not like he will be on a huge wage.

Tav and Candeias are 1st and 2nd in the assist table this season yet plenty of posters still thinking “we need better”. Can’t quite work that out tbh.
Absolute madness. If we can get better in, great, but some of the comments on here are utter moronic.

Use him as back up.
Not good enough to start.

Our current wide options for next season (provided we can't get Kent back) are:

Murphy
Jones
Candeias
Grezda
Middleton

It's a bit quantity over quality tbh, particularly as we don't know how Murphy will look post-injury.

Agree. Getting even one quality winger / wide player & the other being up for grabs between the others would be a big step forward.

Never been a fan tbh but has done enough to stay as a squad player and pick up a league winning medal next season.

Joe Worrall is a Nottingham Forrest player who freely admits he’s up here so he can make a few mistakes and give his best years to his parent club. If you think that’s comparable to shitting on one of our players who gives his all then warped was definitely the correct term to use.

Listen, once they pull that Blue jersey on they're ours - even if they're on loan.

You're happy to slaughter Worrall at every given opportunity - so much so it copped you a lifetime ban.

I don't rate Big Joe either, but you nailed him to the floor in every other thread - so cut the crap.

Now, where's Imager when you need him.... :cool:

Listen, once they pull that Blue jersey on they're ours - even if they're on loan.

You're happy to slaughter Worrall at every given opportunity - so much so it copped you a lifetime ban.

I don't rate Big Joe either, but you nailed him to the floor in every other thread - so cut the crap.

Now, where's Imager when you need him.... :cool:

You’re a bit tragic sitting there screaming for the teacher trying to get other bears banned, but I know why I copped the ban and figuring out who it was wasn’t particularly difficult either.

To get back on topic, too right I went after Worrall, he dropped us right in it and made it quite clear that he’s not dedicated to Rangers and sees us a little testing ground where he can stroll around and get all those mistakes out his system, this was all at the expense of one of our own players who happens to be better and actually is dedicated to Rangers.

Your comments RE Candeias are a disgrace given the effort he puts in, and hitting out with those before shouting for your mate like some classroom clipe is wonderfully ironic.

You’re a bit tragic sitting there screaming for the teacher trying to get other bears banned, but I know why I copped the ban and figuring out who it was wasn’t particularly difficult either.

To get back on topic, too right I went after Worrall, he dropped us right in it and made it quite clear that he’s not dedicated to Rangers and sees us a little testing ground where he can stroll around and get all those mistakes out his system, this was all at the expense of one of our own players who happens to be better and actually is dedicated to Rangers.

Your comments RE Candeias are a disgrace given the effort he puts in, and hitting out with those before shouting for your mate like some classroom clipe is wonderfully ironic.

Your double standards know no bounds.

You were constantly shouting on Chubby Checker & The Fat Boys to get Loggie Bear banned.

Your double standards know no bounds.

You were constantly shouting on Chubby Checker & The Fat Boys to get Loggie Bear banned.

I can assure you I’ve never screamed to get someone banned like a classroom child on the basis they made an argument that didn’t fit my agenda. Again it’s tremendous how you can harp on about this all the while shitting over Candeias, you’re talking about double standards and begging for bans are you sit there and disrespect one of the hardest working players in the team.

Self awareness is a hell of a thing and in short supply apparently. Have a good day mate.

Anyone saying a flat ‘punt him not good enough’ aren’t worth your time debating with.

A guy with his work rate and assist stats should be at least on the bench if he’s happy with that role next year, he could be perfect later on in games.

What other players past and present have been as divisive as Daniel Candeias?

Tav, Jack, Barisic, Worrall - just a few off the top of my head. As a support - or maybe its just FF - we don't half like to lay into our players. Even the good ones! Something I've never understood and which appears to be getting worse by the week on FF.

Back