Daniel Candeias

Great player. Went off the boil for a few games but back to his usual now. Bit of dig, great crosser of the ball. Links up well with Tav. Creates chances. Pacey. Need someone to challenge him on the right though so that if he goes off the boil again then we have someone to step in.

I’m another bear who’s happy to hold
My hands up and say I got it wrong about him.
Hope he keeps up this good run of form, well done the candy man

His understanding with Tavernier is first class, his work rate, desire and commitment is too notch and when he delivers a ball, my got it's dangerous.

He's a winger, if course he's going to be inconsistent. Name me a winger who's not!?

Ive been a huge fan from the very beginning and tbh it was a complete red neck watching folk slate him for a couple poor games which every player has, I guess he is just an easy target.

He is the best winger in the league by a country mile and dont let anyone tell you differently. The stats dont lie.

What’s not to like,works like a dog and chases everything,can glide past players and whip in a cross,he’ll chase back and do defending duties and always wants to get the ball,a great wee find by the looks of it,and him and Tavs link up play is getting better by the game.

WATP

Been very impressed with him recently. Also covers a lot for Tav but they are practically playing the same position and my concern is that Tav leaves the winger unmarked too often.

Excellent player for us but he is a winger and absolutely has to be played out wide. The games he was dreadful were the ones we played a narrow three man midfield, and they setup really doesn’t suit him.

Daniel Candeias is Pedro Caixinha’s Sasa Papac: an absolute gem of a player who has survived the disastrous reign of the man who signed him.

I hope he stays for a good few years.
He’s a tremendous player and seems to have an absolutely fantastic attitude.

I wouldnae go as far as shovin him intae the left back slot.

The cauld weather may impede his playing a bit, other than that it's thank you Pedro.

Been excellent the big man.
Both centre halfs looked good last night, completely dominating

How many times earlier in the season would we have conceded a goal from some of the chances for the sheep late on.

We marked well, were sharper and cleared any danger with nae hanging about.

The effort he puts in is phenomenal and he plays for the team and not himself and his link up with Tav is improving all the time and we are a real threat to any team down the right.

Dont think its a coincidence that tav has done much better this year. Great pairing down the right a bit like wallace and McKay were down the left

Cracking wee player. Heart of a lion at times. Gets stuck in, actually wins his fair share in the air for a wee guy. His workrate is top notch. Works well with Tav and provides a lot of cover for him. Really think he is the reason Tav is having a great season. His consistency in performances I believe is a result of the partnership they have.

He is a quality player and if our other players could get in the box fast enough for his crosses we would have more goals.

The guy got a lot of stick and was deemed not good enough when he had a difficult spell towards the end of 2017, but overall he has been great value for money in my opinion.

His workrate is absolutely tremendous, he has got good pace and technically he is pretty sound. For me, he has contributed to Tavernier's better performances this year.

A very unerrated player overall.
I think he is also a real honest pro. He won’t be outstanding every week and will have dips but he won’t hide and will genuinely try his best.

Early in the game last night he was frustrating me as he was taking an extra touch before getting the cross in but what I love about him is he gets the crosses in so early and it is a strikers dream. If we can find a way to have both Freddo and Cummings in the team we will be laughing.

Gutted he didn't get at Considine more last night what a diddy he is

His head went down after the penalty miss v Kilmarnock as he knew it had cost Pedro his job.

I think Murty has managed him well and it has shown with his improved performances.

The guy got stick because we moved to a diamond and he played in the wrong position.

Where would we be without him.this season?

The guy got a lot of stick and was deemed not good enough when he had a difficult spell towards the end of 2017, but overall he has been great value for money in my opinion.

His workrate is absolutely tremendous, he has got good pace and technically he is pretty sound. For me, he has contributed to Tavernier's better performances this year.

A very unerrated player overall.

There's not many wingers work as hard as this guy, i think that he's the reason that Tavs.had a great first half to the season, as this guy's willing to share the work load with him.
I think most of us had major doubts about him when he arrived at Ibrox, but i now think slow but sure he showing us and the manager how valuable he can be to the club.Well done Son, long may your form continue.

Apart from the spell not long after Pedro left were he was (i'm sure even he would admit it) dreadful for 3-4 games he has been an absolute bargain for us and one of the only good things that Pedro done during his time with us was signing him, i'm sure Tavs amazing form is largely down to Candeias and the understanding they both have with each other defensively and attacking , the two of them seem to be telepathic with each other. The guy just seems to get what it means to play for us, the new Novo in my eyes, can be inconsistent at times but seems to bleed royal blue having only been here for a short time.

His performance in the filth game was top class.

If he can keep performing then we have a player that will give us a huge return on the investment.

One of my favourite players in the squad. Rapid, tricky, great work rate and gets the odd goal. Crosses go a bit off at times but he’s always a threat.
Sorry indictment that we have to import our tanner baw player these days though. I blame Thatcher/the unions (delete as appropriate).

His head went down after the penalty miss v Kilmarnock as he knew it had cost Pedro his job.

I think Murty has managed him well and it has shown with his improved performances.
Suspect you're right. Had a poor run after Pedro went. A battler with a good engine & he's great for Tav's game too.

Really like the player . Always gives 100%. Not only this but I think we are starting to see the best of Tav , with Candeias playing in front of him . He drops in when tav goes on one of his attacking missions . Seem to complement each other.

He is very underrated and what I like about him he has got a wee bit of dig in the tackles not afraid to leave a mark.

Back