Daniel Johnson of Preston

The obligatory YouTube video makes him look like a terrific finisher. What’s the rest of his game like? Makes me also wonder why on earth he hasn’t played at a higher level because he looks brilliant there.

Pearson should be, and usually is, MOM in every game he plays in. Premiership class and our best player by a country mile.
However he has a shocking disciplinary record although not always his fault.
Put a Rangers shirt on him in the SPL and he'll be red carded first 15 mins in every game
Looks a very good player Pearson. Johnson looks a bit slight to me, looks like he’d struggle a bit with the aggression and intensity of the game up here. Is he stronger than he looks?

Last edited:
The obligatory YouTube video makes him look like a terrific finisher. What’s the rest of his game like? Makes me also wonder why on earth he hasn’t played at a higher level because he looks brilliant there.

Good range of passing, works hard & excellent set piece / penalty taker.

Really progressed over the last 18 months, crux of it for me is if he can continue his progression as before that he was patchy to say the least.

As I've posted before I'm not sure he would be a starter every week but would be certainly worth adding to the squad if the price was right.

Looks a very good player Pearson. Johnson looks a bit slight to me, looks like he’s struggle a bit with the aggression and intensity of the game up here. Is he stronger than he looks?

I wouldn't have much worries about his physicality, the Championship can be very rough & tumble at times.

That said putting his foot in wouldn't be why you would want to play him although he can look after himself.

It appears it's being played out in the media at the Preston end. We can't control that.

Alex Neil got asked after the game last night about DJ & the supposed bid from Bournemouth for Ben Davies & he said there was nothing doing but he would say that.

When he did his press conference after the game on Saturday he seemed to be well pi**ed off as apparently he'd been told he wasn't allowed to play DJ the afternoon before the game on the Saturday.

The fact that he played last night albeit as a sub would suggest the 2 Clubs are quite far apart if there is still interest.

Weirdly got a text a few days ago, from someone absolutely not in the know saying we had agreed a fee and given them Jones also. Whilst i don't think that's the case i think the deal is probably done.

Have you seen him play? Guys like Andy Halliday and Simon Ferry who have played against him say he’d be a great signing.

I haven't seen him play no but I have watched Preston and I don't remember the guy being in the team

Looking at his history he is 27 years old, never won anything in his life, failed at Villa, had a few loan spells in the lower leagues and now doing quite well at Preston.

We need winners in the team, guys who have been over the course and won trophies we have enough young players like Aribo, haggis, Kent. We have enough firepower, Imo we now need someone who will be a 1st team regular with a proven track record

Players of that description cost millions of pounds money we don't have!

I haven't seen him play no but I have watched Preston and I don't remember the guy being in the team

Looking at his history he is 27 years old, never won anything in his life, failed at Villa, had a few loan spells in the lower leagues and now doing quite well at Preston.

We need winners in the team, guys who have been over the course and won trophies we have enough young players like Aribo, haggis, Kent. We have enough firepower, Imo we now need someone who will be a 1st team regular with a proven track record

I always find it incredible how easily people admit to never having watched a player whom they're currently in the process of criticising :D.

I reckon I'll trust the scouting department, who have probably seen a little bit more of him than you have.

I always find it incredible how easily people admit to never having watched a player whom they're currently in the process of criticising :D.

I reckon I'll trust the scouting department, who have probably seen a little bit more of him than you have.

I agree with the guy above.

A player who’ll be 28 in a few weeks that’s never played top flight football?

I could understand it more if he was four or five years younger, but on face value it’s difficult to say he’s a step up on any of our current midfielders.

I still believe we’re looking at him on the premise that Alfie is staying.

Then why should anything you say be worth anything?

Are we actually in for this guy or is this just 19 pages of rumour-based pish?

I can see why Sky Sports News have that over the top style if people actually sit and wonder who's buying who all day. Especially with us where a player seems to sign out of nowhere and you've rarely heard us being linked with them these days.

It is crazy but on the other hand we also have the nutters building players up who have never seen them play.
like you said, the people to trust are the scouting dept who aren’t after internet likes

I agree with the guy above.

A player who’ll be 28 in a few weeks that’s never played top flight football?

I could understand it more if he was four or five years younger, but on face value it’s difficult to say he’s a step up on any of our current midfielders.

I still believe we’re looking at him on the premise that Alfie is staying.
Has Goldson, Jack, Kamara, Kent, Aribo, Morelos played top flight football? I assume your talking about the English Premier League or top leagues? Because the English championship is a better standard than Scottish football dont you think?

1 who the %^*& is haggis?
2 How many of our current players were ‘proven winners’? Thats not where we shop anymore! We make them we don’t buy them!

Back