Daniel Sturridge- 6 week ban

Given he hardly ever plays it won't really affect him. Liverpool may however be stuck with him to January.

He has made loads of cash but really has wasted his career.

Surely that's the bookies problem if they are taking bets on stupid markets like where a player is moving to?

I can't believe that a bookie can force a player not to talk about his career plans because they have chosen to take bets.

His family must have placed a bet on his next move though, of course you can tell your family. They can’t use this information to place a bet

Pretty sure a free agent can sign at any point, so not really any concern for him

His family must have placed a bet on his next move though, of course you can tell your family. They can’t use this information to place a bet

So Sturridge is getting punished not for what he did but rather what his brother did in placing the bet?

I can't see how its ok to punish someone for the crime of another person.

Surely that's the bookies problem if they are taking bets on stupid markets like where a player is moving to?

I can't believe that a bookie can force a player not to talk about his career plans because they have chosen to take bets.

lol, be some who would give him a no lose account if he told them first.

Is that a rule?

How come so many random posters on here get told transfer deals from players/sisters/aunties/pets of players?
Plenty posters on here went to school with player A and he was definitely a mhank. Player A’s best friend then posts that he’s a St Mirren fan then finally player A’s dad posts on here that he’s a bear.

Plenty gobshites on this forum

Seems a bit rubbish that you can't tell a family member where you're moving to in a transfer. They may well have to move with you.
How about explaining to the school why your kids are leaving? Or telling the estate agent

If they put a bet on, is the player liable?

How about explaining to the school why your kids are leaving? Or telling the estate agent

If they put a bet on, is the player liable?
Exactly, it's a really difficult rule to enforce.

I suspect if his brothers last name wasn't Sturridge, he'd have gotten away with it. But the bookies probably clocked it and didn't fancy paying out if it had won.

On TalkSPORT
Giving information to family on a future transfer in the past

giphy.gif

I’d agree that’s ridiculous. I’m just presuming.

Slightly off topic I was talking to somebody one day who types up subtitles for TV programmes. He told me that they have to sign a confidential secret act so that they can’t divulge any future storylines or tempted to bet on it

Given he hardly ever plays it won't really affect him. Liverpool may however be stuck with him to January.

He has made loads of cash but really has wasted his career.
Between Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool he's played 300 games in the last decade.

Wish I could have a wasted career.

Back