Daniel Sturridge

Hell no.

Released in March 2020 & was given a four month worldwide ban for breaching betting.

He’s scored 4 goals in the last 2 years.

Free agents can’t play till January. Unless I’m mistaken the rules changed on this.

Massive talent
Always been questions over just how injured he actually was iirc.
A case of a wee niggle and he wasn’t playing.

Don’t think he’s the type of player Gerrard wants and would probably command quite big wages, not to mention his injury problems.

A good goalscorer though but don’t see where he’d actually fit in our squad considering Morelos is likely to miss one game:D

People quick to dismiss but he scored 7 in 16 for his last club. Clearly has injury issues which is why I wouldn't think the club would move for him, but it didn't stop many calling for Jack Wilshere to sign so why not Sturridge?

People quick to dismiss but he scored 7 in 16 for his last club. Clearly has injury issues which is why I wouldn't think the club would move for him, but it didn't stop many calling for Jack Wilshere to sign so why not Sturridge?
Because people on this genuinely believe that Roofe is better than him.

If you were to ask for a tailor-made player who wouldn’t be a good fit for Rangers, you would struggle to get a better fit than Daniel Sturridge.

Having read Gerrards book I don’t think he was his biggest fan anyway.

Exactly. Gerrard had to constantly put his arm around him and massage his ego saying how much Liverpool needed him to play when he was saying he could feel a niggle before loads of games.

No coincidence his best spell was at Liverpool when Gerrard was doing that and since he left there he’s been pish.

Hell no.

Released in March 2020 & was given a four month worldwide ban for breaching betting.

He’s scored 4 goals in the last 2 years.
Agree with the majority on the thread and that Gerrard wouldn’t be interested in him anyway but his 4 month ban was quite harsh

May aswell get the workies in to extend the treatment room whilst we are at it!!

No one doubts his ability but I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole if we are going to sign him we may as well sign Rossiter back so they can keep each other company.

We could try and get Jack Whilshire again while we're at it. Two exceptional players with glass bodies who'd be perfect for the treatment room.

But in all seriousness if it was a Pay-as-you-play deal then you'd be stupid not to at least have a strong look at him.

There's some amount of mince spoken on this forum.

What clubs go and sign a player because someone might be out for a couple of games.

We have a squad for this reason and Roofe & Wright are able enough to replace the injured two. In fact, based on current form, they are more than adequate.

Apart for being unsuitable for us, he might not cost a fee but he ain't gonna play for nowt.

Back