Daniele De Rossi on verge of Boca Juniors move

Should have been offered a new deal at Roma. Was worthy of another year.

Totti left his role as well after complaining about the owners leaving him out and not involving him or allowing him to do his role - director role.

I will add, Boca need to sell a foreigner to fit him on the roster. They are only allowed 6 (I think).

There is interest in Nandez and Villa.

Should have been offered a new deal at Roma. Was worthy of another year.

Totti left his role as well after complaining about the owners leaving him out and not involving him or allowing him to do his role - director role.
Take it he wanted a new challenge elsewhere? Interesting move for him.. was hoping maybe Gerrard could have convinced him to pull on the famous blue jersey for a season to two tbh...

five always felt he’s a player who should have done much more with his career.

For about 5 years or so he always looked like he could go onto being one of the very best in the world but always seemed to struggle on the biggest stage.

I think most were blinkered because he looks quite cool and has a cool name.

Would be good to see him do well at Boca though.

The bank book is open for trip to BA for a bucket list football trip. Boca a favourite to go to with group but I’m holding out :)) forza Racing

Last edited:
What a way to end your career.Could have probably done the China/America route but has went to a proper mental football mad club.Imagine playing in front of those crackpots every other week

I read that Boca were in for Icardi, surely they could never be credibly linked to the likes of him let alone afford or even be able to tempt the likes of him at his current age?

EAaAdR9X4AAoo3A.jpg

EAaAdR9XsAA8Njd.jpg

What a way to end your career.Could have probably done the China/America route but has went to a proper mental football mad club.Imagine playing in front of those crackpots every other week
Full respect to him. I'm sure he won't regret it. Incredible move.

If I was a player and the opportunity to play for Boca or River came up, I'd be very interested.

Short career and all that, but those clubs are special.

If I was a player and the opportunity to play for Boca or River came up, I'd be very interested.

Short career and all that, but those clubs are special.

I tip my hat to De Rossi.

If I was a footballer with world class talent, i’d Play for Rangers from 17 to 21, get Rangers a massive fee and move to Real Madrid or Barcelona for 4 years before heading to Boca or River for another 4 before going back to Rangers at 29/30 until I am 40.

I don’t know much about Argentinian football but I have a lot of respect for the big clubs in that country, it’s what a lot people my age and younger don’t get. These are proper clubs with proper fanbases and are not plastic like a lot Premier League clubs ‘fanbases’

I love this. Very few players exist these days where it's not all about money.

What an experience this will be for him. I think they're a great fit too.

i hope this starts a trend, forget playing in USA and China, go play where football is still pure.

seedorf went to brazil and now de rossi to argentina.

Great to see he’s obviously made enough money doing what he loves for the team he loves. He lived the dream and rather than going for a final playout in China or USA he goes where the football is still pure.

Hats off to the lad

i hope this starts a trend, forget playing in USA and China, go play where football is still pure.

seedorf went to brazil and now de rossi to argentina.
Longer term, the US league could continue to raise its levels. It’s a far better league now than it used to be and support is on the rise. The US is also a great place to live.

China, on the other hand, is purely a money move.

Longer term, the US league could continue to raise its levels. It’s a far better league now than it used to be and support is on the rise. The US is also a great place to live.

China, on the other hand, is purely a money move.

if you like getting shot by a guy on Anti-Depressants or should i say ANT-AI Depressants.

lived there most of my life , no guns though which is good and not too much prozac either
Drugs and violence are as prevalent in Glasgow as much of the US. I’d probably rather die quickly being shot in a sunny place than stabbed and left to die in a freezing cold back alley in Glasgow. The quality of life in much of the US far exceeds that in Scotland. Don’t even pretend it doesn’t. You only need to look at sad recent events involving Rangers fans or the depression thread in the lounge to see how big an issue depression is in Scotland.

Drugs and violence are as prevalent in Glasgow as much of the US. I’d probably rather die quickly being shot in a sunny place than stabbed and left to die in a freezing cold back alley in Glasgow. The quality of life in much of the US far exceeds that in Scotland. Don’t even pretend it doesn’t. You only need to look at sad recent events involving Rangers fans or the depression thread in the lounge to see how big an issue depression is in Scotland.

depends where your from in USA , i dont think many people living in projects would agree with that.

depends where your from in USA , i dont think many people living in projects would agree with that.
At any level, effective comparisons would make the US a better place to live. I have spent time in the projects in Manhattan and they still live in a fantastic city, with wonderful employment prospects, even to secure lower level employment, rather than be unemployed. They have a far better climate, the chance to live a healthier, more outdoor life, rather than a place like Scotland where the weather traps people indoors more often than not and kids end up on booze and drugs from a young age as a result of that and a lack of things to do or a lack of employment prospects.

The US has a far bigger and better economy, meaning greater employment prospects and opportunities throughout the nation. People have opportunity to travel and live anywhere in the country, with the kind of climate and landscape to fit any palate. The US is a far more progressive and vibrant place than Scotland. They get everything first and the choice consumers have there is truly incredible.

Yes there is good and bad in any country but comparatively at any level of the social strata, the US gazumps Scotland.

They may have a president who divides opinion but do we not? Scotland is a country that is hating itself to death. It will never recover.

Your original point about people being shot? Name me all the MLS players that you know who have been shot? How about even attacked? Or perhaps even involved in violence?

Nacho was attacked last week in Glasgow and not for the first time. Goldson had kids (presumably mentally challengeds) invading his property last week, causing upset to his partner. Lemon might be a cuunt but how many times has he been involved in physical altercations, inside stadia and on the streets? Countless times players in Glasgow have been threatened or had their property vandalised. Morelos was followed by mentally challengeds when in Glasgow city centre. Do you honestly think this happens to MLS players?

Why did Danny Wilson go to the MLS, when he could easily have gone back to say a Hearts or somewhere or simply stayed at Ibrox, if the US was such a dangerous place to live or Scotland had a better lifestyle?

Why is Paul Ritchie now in Carlsbad in California, when he could have stayed in this country?

The only thing that would have been a counter-factor in any way would have been the NHS but it is now on its knees. I went to the doctor yesterday about 2 health matters and was told that due to cuts they can only give a 10 minute slot, therefore they would only deal with one of them and I would need to make another appointment to discuss the other.

In the last 18 months alone I have been to tons of places in the US, New York (all 5 boroughs), Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco. I have visited many small towns, places in New Jersey, upstate New York, been to the likes of a Boulder City, Laguna Beach, Carmel, Santa Barbara and many others. It’s not even close. The US, at every single equivalent level wipes the floor with the UK as being a better place to live.

I live in London and violence and knife crime is everywhere. It’s totally out of control, the police cannot handle it and attacks are happening all over the place. In the US but for extremely highly publicised one off school shootings say, which with the vast population are thankfully relative uncommon, despite the exposure they get. Most murders are committed by spouses or partners, or in real ghetto areas, where you just wouldn’t go anywhere. Statistically however, you would probably have the same chance of being seriously attacked or murdered here, in equivalent areas.

Back