Danilho Doekhi chooses Union Berlin

I'd say it's more likely that we are happier with Bassey at centre half and the emergence of King as well. We'd need Goldson to stay to make this work though.

File alongside Veerman.

Never interested in either.
I think we were, we’ve been linked with him in various different news papers, some more reputable than others, for about a year now. You had Croatian papers saying he’s rejected Dinamo Zagreb, with Rangers interested. You’ve had the reports that say he had picked Union Berlin before it was announced state they beat off competition from Rangers. The player also mentioned interest from us

I think it’s as good as you’re going to get about us being interested in a player without them signing, tbh.

I genuinely never liked the look of him I think he would have struggled with the speed and physicality of the domestic game tidy on the ball not as good as Godson on the ball or even possibly Souttar though imo it will be his loss if indeed we even offered him anything .

Move suggests the lad knows hes not up too CL level football and the pressure of winning most weeks, plenty of dosh though im sure which is always nice.

I genuinely never liked the look of him I think he would have struggled with the speed and physicality of the domestic game tidy on the ball not as good as Godson on the ball or even possibly Souttar though imo it will be his loss if indeed we even offered him anything .
Ive never watched him but i do know on here any player that comes from a sexy league or a nation thats had plenty of success becomes instantly superb.

Anybody who'd pick Union Berlin over Rangers isn't cut out for playing for our club anyway.

Bullet dodged in that case.
Don't think it's a case of seeing Union Berlin as a superior club to Rangers, more the Bundesliga being more of an attraction.

Let's face it, playing matches v Bayern, Dortmund and the like, playing in fantastic stadia, big crowds weekly, more possibility of international recognition and then the possibility of a transfer to a bigger club.

Or alternatively the joy of playing on those abomination of surfaces at Livingston and Kilmarnock which our ruling bodies seem to think suitable, maybe not such a hard choice.

Disappointed,strange decision maybe because Germany borders Holland

I'd say it's more likely that we are happier with Bassey at centre half and the emergence of King as well. We'd need Goldson to stay to make this work though.
I’d he happy with goldson and bassey as our starting centre halves with one of balogun and helander as back up. Supported by King.

Ive never watched him but i do know on here any player that comes from a sexy league or a nation thats had plenty of success becomes instantly superb.
I have been keeping an eye on him as we have been linked for so long he has potential don't get me wrong good size etc but I just thought a bit slow on the turn and did not really sense danger something was just nagging at me telling me he was not the right option for us .

I think we were, we’ve been linked with him in various different news papers, some more reputable than others, for about a year now. You had Croatian papers saying he’s rejected Dinamo Zagreb, with Rangers interested. You’ve had the reports that say he had picked Union Berlin before it was announced state they beat off competition from Rangers. The player also mentioned interest from us

I think it’s as good as you’re going to get about us being interested in a player without them signing, tbh.

Maybe we were interested at one point.

If we were after him now he wouldn't be going there IMO

Or he wants to go to the Bundesliga because its a far better league than what we play in and if he does well he can get a move to Dortmund or Bayern.
If he was good enough he'd come here, play up to 18 games a season in europe and get a move to the EPL.

He's going to get European football at Union they missed out on the champions league on goal difference and are in the Europa next season. Sometimes just have to accept that our league isn't appealing to players.
Our league is sh1t but there's a lot more money in the EPL and championship if he can prove himself in the physicality of our league. Anyway he's made his choice good luck to him.

Back