Danny Ings wants a move to a Champions League club.

Ings is a terrific striker if you can keep him fit. His injury problems are the only reason he is at an average EPL side like Southampton.

He might not be absolutely top class but can certainly play for a bigger and better club if he stays fit.

As someone who watches him regularly, he’s perfectly good enough. He’s been held back this season in particular by a couple injuries but when he’s played he’s been excellent. Look at the goals he scored again Villa and Liverpool this season.

Top teams require players that consistently score goals in big games - Aguero, Kane, Vardy etc are all reliable and have proven their worth over numerous seasons. Big teams that have title aspirations should be going out to buy players like Haaland

I don’t think Ings is good enough linking up play nor to I believe him to be reliable enough to hold down a starting position at a top 4 team.

By all means he would be an ok squad player for a Leicester/Arsenal/Everton type team but some way off commanding a starting position at a Man Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool/Man City/Spurs

He's an absolutely brilliant player. Very under rated.

His problem is staying fit but he's absolutely good enough for a Top 4 Club.

Don’t think his all round game is quite at top 4 level, an ex poster would have had him in the Ajax 95 team though.

He is a better finisher than someone like Jesus though, but you need to consider Jesus’ age seeing as he is only 23.

In summary, I’d be very surprised if he ended up at any top 4 team.
Whit?! :D

Don’t think his all round game is quite at top 4 level, an ex poster would have had him in the Ajax 95 team though.

He is a better finisher than someone like Jesus though, but you need to consider Jesus’ age seeing as he is only 23.

In summary, I’d be very surprised if he ended up at any top 4 team.
More likely the Manchester United team of 1999. Or the Manchester United team of 2020 B-D

Swap deal with Alfredo :)) in all seriousness a cl team with a bit to spend will no doubt take a punt on hin

If the likes of an Everton or Leicester make top 4 maybe.
Would he be good enough to start for Liverpool or a Manchester club? Probably not. Definitely good enough to be an important squad player/off the bench.
He's around his peak age wise, don't know if sitting on the bench at a big club would be good for him.

A poster who used to come in EPL threads would go on about Ings as if he was the second coming of Batistuta :))

Think he either got perma banned or left the board.
Aw hold on. Geezer had a right go at me for saying Lewandowski was levels above Kane. A right "sky sports fan" he was.

I think that's unfair.

When he's been injury-free, he is a top finisher and one of the best in the EPL.

He'd get another top club no bother.
I have to agree. I was disappointed when he left Liverpool, my preferred English side.

As you say, when fit, he is an excellent finisher. Maybe not as skilful as a Firmino or Aguero at dribbling but he is cool in front of goal.

Back