Darren Fletcher on Ronaldo and Walter Smith..

Great clip.

Always liked Fletcher as a player for Man Utd. Think with Scotland we wanted him to be something he wasn’t. In the EPL he was an excellent competitor, hard in the tackle too.

God bless Sir Walter, love the man.

As an aside I liked the bit Fletcher said about them signing Ronaldo during the 2nd half of the friendly, after Ronald ripped them apart in the first half. The players were all asking the manager to sign him.

Class from Walter but I do like fletcher and he obviously respects Watty
Yes...Just shows how regardless how good Sir Alex was it needed someone else ie Walter to come in and tweak the team and players in order to take them to another level.

Been posted a few times, still great to see/hear.

Fletcher has also said in the past, when Smith was Scotland boss, Scholes, Giggs etc would always ask how he (Smith) was doing, to pass on their regards.

Without sounding like a clever cnut, I think you can see why Fletcher has been promoted at Old Trafford. Fully expect him to be a respected figure in the technical director world in years to come.

I have mentioned this on here before but many years ago i was on holiday in Portugal -Praia de Rocha.
Got chatting to the odd job guy for the holiday complex one day about football.
He was a Sporting Lisbon fan and he mentioned Ronaldo. He had only just started playing for the first team but i always remember him saying that Ronaldo would be the best player in the world one day.
Dunno why i remember this as you hear these quoted often but the guy was so insistent about Ronaldo.

Never seen that before and was very impressed with Fletcher, couldn't for the life of me but now see why he has just got the job at Man Utd

I loved how Andy Gray puffed his chest out and said “I love Walter”. There’s a lot about Steven Gerrard that reminds me of Walter Smith. I can think of no higher compliment.

I wonder what Roy Keane made of Walter Smith,given his massive contribution to Rangers and the fact he was a fan too?.

Imagine fucking up on the pitch and having to come in and face the joint managerial team of Sir Alex and Walter !
UdNedkJ.gif

Back