Darren Fletcher rumour

gersandproud

If the Scotsman article is true (I know - hardly a reliable source) then I'd be a bit disappointed
I just don't think that at 34 and with his best years behind him he'd be worth a punt
IMHO he hasn't been exactly decent for some time & I'm not sure what he's got left ?

No chance. We've got too many midfielders as it is right now, any we bring in now will have to be someone who instantly becomes first choice pick, we're not gonna bring in a guy who has been dung for a few years now and who'll be on a massive wage, who happens to be a tim

Last edited:
FFS just no.

We need hungry young talented players who are not after 1 last pay day. Fletcher has been finished for about 5 years. Add to the fact he’s a mentally challenged aswell it doesn’t make sense at all to bring him in.

Fletcher is still a decent option and I wouldn't have a problem if we took him on - thing is, the wages would need to be sensible.

No chance. We've got too many midfielders as it is right now, we're not gonna bring in a guy who has been dung for a few years now and who'll be on a massive wage, who happens to be a tim
Genuine question rob. Do you think the midfield players we have now will be what we go into the season with?

Our new Captain if he comes. Heard that rumour weeks ago and it hasn’t gone away.
He is a good player but not the sort we are needing at the moment.

If the Scotsman article is true (I know - hardly a reliable source) then I'd be a bit disappointed
I just don't think that at 34 and with his best years behind him he'd be worth a punt
IMHO he hasn't been exactly decent for some time & I'm not sure what he's got left ?

The Scotsman says "reportedly". Not sure where they might have seen it reported. Surely a load of mince.

Genuine question rob. Do you think the midfield players we have now will be what we go into the season with?

Arfield, Jack, Dorrans, McCrorie are all players I'd be putting in ahead of Fletcher. Obviously I wouldn't turn down someone who would immediately become our best midfielder, but that is not DF

SG said we were heavy in that area that's why Holt was allowed to leave so cannot see it. Never rated the guy in his prime certainly dont want him now

Definite no from me. Vastly experienced but most of that surrounded with top quality players.

We've got enough options in central midfield, IMO.

Back