Darren Fletcher rumour

Watched him on MOTD last year and he got hosed so many times by pacey strikers, not the player we need at all for this season

If the Scotsman article is true (I know - hardly a reliable source) then I'd be a bit disappointed
I just don't think that at 34 and with his best years behind him he'd be worth a punt
IMHO he hasn't been exactly decent for some time & I'm not sure what he's got left ?

Stevie G. and Mark Allen said they need a tough tackling midfielder, i don't think Fletcher comes into that category.

No thanks. Might have been a good signing when he left Man Utd but not now. Whenever I looked he wasn’t even starting last season in a very poor team.

Plus the obvious.

Please let this just be media nonsense . He is a player that has always had me thinking "how the hell is he playing with Man Utd?"
Pass

He's inspirational that's for sure, a very good player and would enhance the midfield. Cannot see it happening though....

I'd be surprised but not against it. A very fit player who was never blessed with pace to begin with. I reckon he'd stroll it,up here.

This signing if it happens has all the hallmarks of Liverpool signing an "over the hill" Gary Mac. A move that Gerrard says was one of the greatest things to happen to him for learning the game...maybe that's the thinking behind it. Not saying he's anywhere near as good as GM but could understand it if it went through. Not one I'd be overly excited about but could see the merits.

He may have been a quality player and the brain will still be there, but where Scottish football lacks technically, it makes up in pace and I'm not sure Fletcher would have the legs to do what the brain wants to anymore.

No thanks. Not good enough plus saw video of him... Darren Fletcher tells Brendan Rodgers "You've made my club f**cking brilliant again"

Probably the slowest player I have seen in a Stoke shirt and I have seen Jon Parkin and Billy Whitehurst. His legs have gone.

Would've taken him from West Brom but increasingly looking done at high level. Decent player but a couple of years past his use by date and doesn’t have the game that allows him to deal with slowing up.

I'd be surprised but not against it. A very fit player who was never blessed with pace to begin with. I reckon he'd stroll it,up here.

He'd have to stroll it as he's unable to break into a run these days.
A few years ago would have been a good signing.

He was no better than average 5 or 6 years ago. He's shite now, plus he's openly said in the past that he supports them.

I’ve never really seen the hype with him. Best days, which were never that good to begin with, are behind him.

Back