Darvel Juniors

I agree re the top teams Re Drum. But John Black will have they pumped up for one off games v the top sides. Darian McKinnon Ex Hamilton Partick Thistle the Drum’s big signing.

Darvel have on paper recruited very good. Lots of Senior experience. Mick Kennedy at the helm is a winner and so is Big McDevitt on the field. Their division will definitely interest the fans with no game on a Saturday afternoon. Big crowds for the fan with a spare Saturday.
Some big games Talbot, Buffs, HUFC and Pollok will all bring in the crowds!

What senior level teams aren’t allowed to train? Before you make an arse if yourself you do know that junior level teams are now all senior?
Any team below the SPFL Premiership.

And yes, I do know. My old man was on the working group in association with the Lowland League.

Now who's made an arse of themselves. Eejit

And yes, I do know. My old man was on the working group in association with the Lowland League.

Somebodies in a bad mood

Actually the wording in the SFA website states:

“The suspension of football will be lifted to enable training from June 11, specifically for SPFL Premiership first-team squads only.

Any other competitions wishing to return to training must be able to confirm their ability to meet the testing regime and other safeguarding measures agreed between the Scottish FA and the Scottish Government.”

I’d guess with the money that Darvel are throwing at their squad this year they will have put money into a testing regime.

Grassing up and naming calling, you sure you shouldn’t be on the Huddle Board?

I agree re the top teams Re Drum. But John Black will have they pumped up for one off games v the top sides. Darian McKinnon Ex Hamilton Partick Thistle the Drum’s big signing.

Darvel have on paper recruited very good. Lots of Senior experience. Mick Kennedy at the helm is a winner and so is Big McDevitt on the field. Their division will definitely interest the fans with no game on a Saturday afternoon. Big crowds for the fan with a spare Saturday.

Spot on mate. Certainly will be interesting.

Will be a great season regardless. Something fresh although I can't see how they fit all the games in in that top league and there is the potential for it to very quickly just fall back into basically exactly as it was but with a different name.

Last edited:
Bigger Crowds than in Division 1/2 next year. Junior football will be interesting next year. Hopefully pyramid system will be in place For winning team to move into Lowland league.

The team that wins the WoSl will be on a playoff with the winners of the EoSL and SoSl and the team finishing last in the LL

Hence why a 20 team top league with 38 league games (and whatever cups they run) is a bit of a disaster. I'm hoping they truncate it, like Division 2, but am unsure how they could divide the games up fairly.

The team that wins the WoSl will be on a playoff with the winners of the EoSL and SoSl and the team finishing last in the LL

Hence why a 20 team top league with 38 league games (and whatever cups they run) is a bit of a disaster. I'm hoping they truncate it, like Division 2, but am unsure how they could divide the games up fairly.
EoS and SoS are talking of playing each other just once in the league potentially.

EoS and SoS are talking of playing each other just once in the league potentially.

If the WoSL do that then the league and cups could be fitted in. It would, of course, mean some teams getting 10 home and 9 away (and vice versa) no doubt there would be complaints about that. One solution would be to just have last season's top league and Bonnyton as the WoSL, then we'd all have the same amount of home and away league games

If the WoSL do that then the league and cups could be fitted in. It would, of course, mean some teams getting 10 home and 9 away (and vice versa) no doubt there would be complaints about that. One solution would be to just have last season's top league and Bonnyton as the WoSL, then we'd all have the same amount of home and away league games

What was the deal with Bonnyton again mate? Why are they in the league?

What was the deal with Bonnyton again mate? Why are they in the league?

Answered by WATP87 (they were already a Tier 6 club so had to be in the top league in the WoSl really, to be fair to them)

Even though I'm in Killie I can't say I'm looking forward to having to go to Bonnyton's ground, doesn't look great on Google maps :)

Answered by WATP87 (they were already a Tier 6 club so had to be in the top league in the WoSl really, to be fair to them)

Even though I'm in Killie I can't say I'm looking forward to having to go to Bonnyton's ground, doesn't look great on Google maps :)

Were they forced to move?

It's not that bad as long as you've got someone in the car with it still running.

There's little at it to be honest but its improved a bit. At least the bowling club is beside it for a bevvy

My big mate's a member and plays golf at Mar Hall and he canny get to use the practice area as Darvel have been using it since training was allowed back. He's fkn ragin. Pays over a grand a year and canny practice on a golf practice area cos there's a bunch of juniors kicking a baw all over it :))
Few of my mates work there and have never mentioned that. You’d be raging.

Are they not training on the same bit that Scotland used to train on?
You would imagine so, that it is a bit away from the golf course. I walk through/ past the course most days and it’s been quite busy the past couple of weeks.

Anyone got a link that Darvel are owned by the bakers ?. My mate is insistent they are owned by black rooster and it’s irritating. I can’t find anything.

Edit : nvm found one :)

Anyone got a link that Darvel are owned by the bakers ?. My mate is insistent they are owned by black rooster and it’s irritating. I can’t find anything.

Edit : nvm found one :)

In the article it confirms the club chairman is John Gall. He's Browning's the bakers.

Two of my mates played for Bonnyton after leaving us (Erskine). Due to play them in the last 16 of the Scottish and they get kicked out for fielding one of them. Coincidentally my first day at uni the first boy I spoke to also played in that Bonnyton team. Utterly brilliant.

Last edited:
Yeah I found that one mate, the manager owns black rooster. So my pal is adamant it’s his money being used.

One of my clients has another one of the black rooster places. John Gall has put a stack load of cash in to the club, cracking set up now.

One of my clients has another one of the black rooster places. John Gall has put a stack load of cash in to the club, cracking set up now.
Doing a bit of reading on John Gall and he seems a top bloke. I know Sammy Cox was born in Darvel. Is that the link ?.

Decent guy.

They are creating a memorial wall for Sammy Cox at the club and the local Rangers bus are involved as well.
That’s cracking, good to hear it. As I’ve said before I wish more people my age paid attention to junior football. Admittedly I don’t support my local (Renfrew probably), my points still valid though.

That’s cracking, good to hear it. As I’ve said before I wish more people my age paid attention to junior football. Admittedly I don’t support my local (Renfrew probably), my points still valid though.

I'm originally Kirkintilloch so went to Rob Roy games when I got a chance. Now I'm down here, I go to the Darvel games if we are not playing. It's a great day out plus you can grab a beer or ten.

Are they not training on the same bit that Scotland used to train on?
Aye - that is the practice area at Mar Hall that Scotland turn into their training pitch. You can only hit golf balls on to the area when practicing but can’t hit shots from it so that it’s in good nick when Scotland bring the goals on to it.

Was this the place and possibly the team that spawned Sammy Cox, now there was a player, my hero for a long time. Spent a lot of time with him in Canada.
When I first became aware of him I thought he was canadian. As a 7 year old watching the first to 50 DVD him and Billy Simpson were inducted to the HOF. Dougie Donnelly says something along the lines of “its good your finally back again from Canada.” So I assumed he was Canadian till I came across him in books a year or so later.

I see the story of Darvel training at Mar Hall has made the papers.
What is it with reporting at this level darvel “ aces” straight from Roy of the rovers
Did athurlie not get caught doing this aswell

I can’t believe the guy Gall didn’t know this was happening. Then for him to try and deflect blame by saying “every club is doing it” is poor.

Back