Daryll Broadfoot

Broadfoot was de facto deputy CEO at the SFA (sorry, Scottish FA) under Regan. He left to set up his own PR consulting business, and his first contract was with.....the SFA. But not being employed allowed him to appear on radio shows etc

Comes across as a total wank, and if he ever was a bluenose he hides it well under his wankness and Timmy arse kissing on Clyde.

His whole voice and the way he speaks has totally changed over the years. It’s as if now he’s trying to come across as this wise old fellow with loads of metaphors and quirky analogies.

His downfall is, he’s not intelligent enough to carry it off and he often gets the analogy wrong. He’s a mongo.

Haven't bought the papers for a while but seemed to recall he was one of the better ones ( the evening times ? ) . Obviously jumped on the gravy train in the last few years .

Broadfoot was de facto deputy CEO at the SFA (sorry, Scottish FA) under Regan. He left to set up his own PR consulting business, and his first contract was with.....the SFA. But not being employed allowed him to appear on radio shows etc
This is 100% correct and so is the fact he is (was) a bluenose.

Ok. So he called Kris Boyd a Chris Sutton clone. That was enough for me to switch off.

Most of the time he is. It's just since the OF game Boyd has come out and had a go quite rightly at them, for the goal which should have not stood, and the other ludicrous decisions in the game and after. Especially going after Alfie for the gesture.
He would probably be the first to admit he says things to cause controversy, and rattle a few cages.
Sound familiar?

File alongside Chic Young, David Tanner, Jim White, etc.

He saw the way the culture war was developing and knew from a career perspective that he had better change tack PDQ.

I once penned a FF article based on his embarrassing attempt in the Herald to justify a McGeady dive at Easter Road.

His fake trying to sound clever Glasgow accent is annoying as fck. Him and and that fat boot Elaine c Smith must have the same elocution coach.

I listen now and again to find out what pish they're spouting about us. Usually manage about 10 mins before switching off
I’m the same, I finish work around 6 and have a 1 hour drive home, I’ll sometimes put it on and can only manage around 10 mint until the first absolute fuckwit caller starts talking and I have to turn it off! On occasion it can be ok though

Used to always listen and haven't for all of this year so far. Reading threads like these just highlights the bias and the reason I stopped listening.

I heard some pish strained tim saying that thumb head was trying to throw his tape in to the bin, not at a killie fan. This lot are fecking unbelievable breed!

When the club was getting trashed every day for the songs he was on clyde crawling and defending the ra tunes.. he once prepared a speech explaining how important it is to seperate the tims songs from any debate on sectarianism. McGuire loved it, obv, i have not heard him for ages right enough but when he was on rc it was clearly cos his behaviour/opinions are similar to spiersy, maybe a bit less smelly and wee bit more interested in the sport but completely biased.

He is a Rangers fan, however since working at the SFA he is trying to be neutral. But in Scottish media terms, that means having more digs at us and letting the rats off lightly.

Both has dad and sister are season ticket holders at Ibrox.

Was this guy not alright back in the day? Or am I thinking of someone else? A different Darryl something or other? Certainly a name not seen or heard in a good few years.

Look what happened to Chris Boyd when he made fair comment about L G. I think some in the media are wary to comment fairly and with balance. Too many in CFCs back pocket though. Media is finished in Scotland. Stick to reliable sources on FF

He was mostly pro us in his reporting but when he got the head of media role at the SFA that all changed.
Read other posts and the name Darryl King came up, was he pro us as well? It might have been him I was thinking of? Sure one of them went to America or started their own media company, something like that.

He may very well be a bluenose, the people that have said it should know.

He has certainly never spoke of us in a good light anytime I have heard him.

Back