Dave King- 5% increase in season tickets will go solely on improving the first team

KGR98

Does anyone know how much extra that would give us to spend roughly in the window for instance if we sold the same number of season tickets as this season?

It's that time of year for me that I waver between renewing or not. Can't always get to games due to work and I struggle to travel for Sunday and midweek games. But as usual I can't see past next season being our season. Now that Mr King is saying all the right things again, I remember that I am too easily swayed.

We’ve been hearing the same stuff practically since about 1987 when having a book became the norm .

Rangers fans have bought between 33,000 and 45,000 season tickets for over 30 years now so I don’t know why we need all these daft wee sound bites and bluster at renewal time each year .

Just tell us the increase and get on with it ffs

King said - every fan should know that the season-ticket revenue will solely go towards the first-team squad.

That suggests all the ST cash will be spent on the first team - not just the 5% increase.

Yep. That's what the article said.

However as we know, that will include wages and loan fees etc too, I don't expect us to be spending £15M net on transfer fees, unless we shift on Alfie and / or Tav.

We’ve been hearing the same stuff practically since about 1987 when having a book became the norm .

Rangers fans have bought between 33,000 and 45,000 season tickets for over 30 years now so I don’t know why we need all these daft wee sound bites and bluster at renewal time each year .

Just tell us the increase and get on with it ffs

It could be King is well aware we've been burned severely by the likes of Green that he's being proactive with his intentions?

It's good of the chairman to speak out at times like ST renewal.

Yep. That's what the article said.

However as we know, that will include wages and loan fees etc too, I don't expect us to be spending £15M net on transfer fees, unless we shift on Alfie and / or Tav.

Yep - agreed.

I'd rather we never punted Morelos or Tav.

If we could keep Kent on loan for another year, get another quality loan and perhaps get 3 players who are of a higher standard in key areas and who are clear first team picks then I would be fairly happy.

Yep - agreed.

I'd rather we never punted Morelos or Tav.

If we could keep Kent on loan for another year, get another quality loan and perhaps get 3 players who are of a higher standard in key areas and who are clear first team picks then I would be fairly happy.

Totally agree. I think we'd win the league with that. Big transfer window coming up, both in terms of who we can bring in and who may or may not leave.

Reading the letter, it says all ST income plus the increase

Realistically you are looking at say £10m total to first team before sales. Selling Morelos for instance, i'd expect a quarter of his fee to go to the first team.

£15m all in, should just about be enough to sign three of four players of genuine class for a fee and have wages for high quality bosmans

Dave King stated before that ALL season ticket money and ALL money raised from player sales would be invested into the first team squad.

IF we sell Morelos for £10m. I imagine that we should have a comfortable Transfer budget to meet our needs next season

Not to mention we will hopefully all be able to buy the new kits in June this year unlike October last season then they ran out of stock and people were waiting a month and sometimes over for it to arrive!

Reading the letter, it says all ST income plus the increase

Realistically you are looking at say £10m total to first team before sales. Selling Morelos for instance, i'd expect a quarter of his fee to go to the first team.

£15m all in, should just about be enough to sign three of four players of genuine class for a fee and have wages for high quality bosmans
You realise that ALL of our current season ticket revenue is already being spent on the first team?

Our wage bill alone was £24m last season.

Of course the season ticket revenue is ‘invested into the first team’. All of our revenue is and more whilst we operate at a loss.

It’s a fairly pointless statement at best and misleading at worst.

All of our season ticket income currently goes into the first team.

We still make a loss.

Concern about that?
I think it's a poor attempt at humour.

He's one of the guys banging the drum for referees on the other thread and accusing others of simply being paranoid.

His humour is probably worse than his defence of refs, and that's saying something.

We need to get the fat heart attack ashley sorted out as well.
He has been very detrimental to our income streams.

Whats the feeling on Holtby coming? Could be on a decent wage for a bosman
Like all transfers it's a risk,I've only seen him on the telly this season and most games he's been average with the odd good performance.I think he's stagnated at HSV tbh and needs a new challenge.
That said I saw him live last season against Cologne in the Volksparkstadion and he stuck out like a sore thumb,ran the show and scored a last minute winner.

At 28 and with the ability he possesses I'd say it's a risk worth taking on a bosman with probably big wages-just my two cents though.But I believe SG could restart the fire in his belly which is key,his ability should not be in question imo.

I am cureently away from home at work and believe correspondence re Season Ticket renewal has been delivered to my home. Do I have anything to fill in and return if I wish to renew or does the status quo remain re payments?

Were talking over £20m here,so I guess that would mean transfer fees and wages. We certainly ain’t getting £20m to spend on transfers without bringing a pile back in on sales.

King has previously stated any money received from player sales would go directly to invest in the first team

Be interesting to see if that comes to fruition should Morelos go for £15m or so. I’d certainly hope so or else the fans will be perfectly entitled to ask questions

If you factor in about 15% of our sales are concessions and also take the VAT off, a back of a fag packet calculation (based on an average of about £540) and also the higher increases in the Broomloan (due to Scum game inclusions ) I'd estimate around £900-950k is the extra revenue.

If you factor in about 15% of our sales are concessions and also take the VAT off, a back of a fag packet calculation (based on an average of about £540) and also the higher increases in the Broomloan (due to Scum game inclusions ) I'd estimate around £900-950k is the extra revenue.

£328 per s/t (average)

Shou,d reasonably expect about £610k after VAT re this season’s increase.

Last edited:
Back