Dave King and the Takeover Panel

Marcellus Wallace

I've got Big Balls
I know that various deadlines have passed re the transferring of funds to the UK in order to satisfy the Takeover Panel and the CoS.
I assume that DK complied but I’ve not read anywhere that he has.
Has he?
Reason I ask is that I’d previously heard that future investment had stalled due to our Chairman’s all too frequent court appearances.

I would have thought that prospective investors would be happy to see a chairman defending the interests of the club in all forums. Would they be happy for him to accept the commercial aggression of Mr Ashley ?

Mr King has until the 25th of January to make an offer - that is next Friday.

Suspect he won't offer make the offer before then - if he plans to do so at all.

Will then take a few weeks to find out the votes of shareholders to see if he has to buy any shares or as likely not.

Who is to say those funds would be earmarked for Rangers, it would be equity and not 'free' money anyway
This has never impacted Rangers and any investment, for the first time in 7 years we actually opened successfully and paid back a credit facility, we have just signed two quality premier league performers, knocked back massive bids for Morelos.
The takeover panel never has and never will impact the investment in our club, of which King is only 1 of many

I think funds potentially going to Spivs that could be used by Mr King to invest further in Rangers is certainly not in our interest.

I agree. However the rules are clear that the offer must be made. That’s not what they are debating, it’s how they do it that’s being debated. That’s the part that I don’t think it in the best interests of the club.

There have been no Panel statements yet, they will only make a statement once the offer is either made or the deadline has passed.

Dave King confirmed in court he was 100% committed to making his offer. There were discussions with the takeover panel regarding excluding some shareholders from his offer, but the outcome of these are unknown. I don't think any of the milestones agreed at the last hearing have been missed, but that's just my opinion. I also think the offer will happen by agreed date.
I'm not sure why there are rumours of withheld investment. It seems pretty clear to me investors are funding Rangers more than adequately. Our losses show how big a contribution investors are making. Without their loans we couldn't sustain them.
Another thing I find annoying is media hypocrisy. I remember the media used to drool asking where is Dave King's money. He promised x amount of investment, where is the money? Now the money being spent is obvious, Celtic are threatened, and the narrative becomes where is the money coming from, have Rangers learnt no lessons? Fcuk off media.
Everything is moving along as Dave King said it would. We're running a structured loss, and this will continue for another two seasons it's believed. Nobody can accuse DK and the investors of not digging deep. They are working hard to restore Rangers back to our rightful position. So are the supporters Everyone is doing a pretty good job right now.

Dave King confirmed in court he was 100% committed to making his offer. There were discussions with the takeover panel regarding excluding some shareholders from his offer, but the outcome of these are unknown. I don't think any of the milestones agreed at the last hearing have been missed, but that's just my opinion. I also think the offer will happen by agreed date.
I'm not sure why there are rumours of withheld investment. It seems pretty clear to me investors are funding Rangers more than adequately. Our losses show how big a contribution investors are making. Without their loans we couldn't sustain them.
Another thing I find annoying is media hypocrisy. I remember the media used to drool asking where is Dave King's money. He promised x amount of investment, where is the money? Now the money being spent is obvious, Celtic are threatened, and the narrative becomes where is the money coming from, have Rangers learnt no lessons? Fcuk off media.
Everything is moving along as Dave King said it would. We're running a structured loss, and this will continue for another two seasons it's believed. Nobody can accuse DK and the investors of not digging deep. They are working hard to restore Rangers back to our rightful position. So are the supporters Everyone is doing a pretty good job right now.

Could not have put this better, myself.

Excellent post

He is not defending the interests of the club.
The op's "all too frequent court appearances" comment makes no distinction between many appearances defending himself and the Club from Ashley, and three or four on the takeover affair.
Most of his "court appearances" were defending the Club and it's inaccurate even mischievous to state or infer otherwise.
How quickly this is forgotten.

Yes, I totally agree with this. I trust King implicitly in acting in the best interests of the club.

Yes, there have been poor Managerial appointments in the past but that can always happen. I do think, at times, the club could have stood up more to our enemies and defend the fans but there have been so many fires to fight and things are very much moving in the right direction, in all areas.

Good post.

Dave King also said things were coming along quicker than expected due to our European run, which generated income which we didn’t expect.

We’re on the up.

A cash confirmed offer has to be made by 25/01 - there is a hearing on 29/01 to ensure DK has complied.

Bravo, that's a quite excellent post!

Correct and all we need is a title in that period of time for the harbourers house of cards style collapse, as King predicted. December's mauling only scratched the surface of the heat and panic still to come their way

I think funds potentially going to Spivs that could be used by Mr King to invest further in Rangers is certainly not in our interest.

If less than 50% indicate they want to take up the offer then King does not need to proceed with it. It is highly unlikely that more than 50% will take up the offer, therefore it will not proceed beyond that stage. So highly unlikely that any money will be going the way of the Spivs.

A whole load of nugatory and needless work that has cost King, no doubt, a significant sum in legal costs and in preparing for the offer.

Last edited:

I agree with what you are saying but my point re investment was related to outside/new investment and in particular investment brought to the table by Alastair Johnston. When he rejoined the board we were told that we would soon see the benefit of why. I had heard that the why has slowed due to DK and the British Courts being synonymous with each other. No matter if Rangers related or just to DK- that continual link could- and I stress could- make any new investor think twice.

Cap doffed.

I agree with what you are saying but my point re investment was related to outside/new investment and in particular investment brought to the table by Alastair Johnston. When he rejoined the board we were told that we would soon see the benefit of why. I had heard that the why has slowed due to DK and the British Courts being synonymous with each other. No matter if Rangers related or just to DK- that continual link could- and I stress could- make any new investor think twice.
Isn't the benefit of AJ about finding a way to workaround an overwhelmingly onerous contract with SD? Rangers are now enjoying retail income, have found new kit and retail partners, even with the millstone of SD round the club's neck. If AJ led on this he's done remarkably well.
DK has said we're not looking for new investors. In the future yes, but not right now. That is backed up by the fact we haven't listed on an exchange. I don't think any of the issues experienced by DK is impacting on investment into Rangers. Our investors are wealthy Rangers supporters, Rangers supporters via Club 1872 membership, and the vast Rangers support buying everything the club have for sale: tickets, merch, car parking etc.

I'm sure if he had missed any deadlines, we'd have heard all about it.
Making deadlines - not newsworthy!
Headlines
Isn't the benefit of AJ about finding a way to workaround an overwhelmingly onerous contract with SD? Rangers are now enjoying retail income, have found new kit and retail partners, even with the millstone of SD round the club's neck. If AJ led on this he's done remarkably well.
DK has said we're not looking for new investors. In the future yes, but not right now. That is backed up by the fact we haven't listed on an exchange. I don't think any of the issues experienced by DK is impacting on investment into Rangers. Our investors are wealthy Rangers supporters, Rangers supporters via Club 1872 membership, and the vast Rangers support buying everything the club have for sale: tickets, merch, car parking etc.
Todays World Headlines : Dave King of Glasgow Rangers Fucks up again. In other News, Terrorist have set off Nuclear Bombs in every major city on the Planet.

Who is to say those funds would be earmarked for Rangers, it would be equity and not 'free' money anyway
This has never impacted Rangers and any investment, for the first time in 7 years we actually opened successfully and paid back a credit facility, we have just signed two quality premier league performers, knocked back massive bids for Morelos.
The takeover panel never has and never will impact the investment in our club, of which King is only 1 of many
Sorry, but that is made up pish.
There is nothing to suggest King has (or hasn't) decided on a figure he is willing to Spend on his Rangers "project" for want of a better word.

If that is the case, every offer, transfer of funds, law suit and so on is taking improvements away from the club, whether that be playing squad or behind the scenes.

Would it be better to rely on investment of £5 million from your other investors or £5 million from the others and an extra £2 million from King?

Oh and yeah, it's not free money, he get's equity in a football club.
Want to invest your savings in my used tampon company? I'll give you all the equity you want!

You've made the same points as me but more angrily, take a sit down and try to let me know where your points actually differ to mine

Heard from whom? I always find it odd when such information is (apparently) discussed informally and publicly.

This is of course 100% correct. The only news the 19th Century Terrorist wants is negative news. Had Mr King missed the deadline there would have been plenty on social media.

The deadline is next week, the 25th - so he definitely hasn't missed it.

If less than 50% indicate they want to take up the offer then King does not need to proceed with it. It is highly unlikely that more than 50% will take up the offer, therefore it will not proceed beyond that stage. So highly unlikely that any money will be going the way of the Spivs.

A whole load of nugatory and needless work that has cost King, no doubt, a significant sum in legal costs and in preparing for the offer.

I agree the bid is unlikely to receive enough acceptances. However, and I may be wrong, I think that the 50% requirement relates to the combined holding of the concert party and the number of acceptances. If so, 16% acceptances will be needed since the concert party has about 34%. That’s about 23m shares.

Not a King fan then, I take it

I know that various deadlines have passed re the transferring of funds to the UK in order to satisfy the Takeover Panel and the CoS.
Has he?
Reason I ask is that I’d previously heard that future investment had stalled due to our Chairman’s all too frequent court appearances.

You've been reading, and relying on, septic bloggers for your information, bud.

£20 Mill of his hard earned, gets obliterated by Sir Him Who Must Never Be Mentioned, then he returns and prevents, certain Death, by once again "Digging Deep"! Whats not to like, about Dave King?

Sounds like, The Greatest Ever Ranger, to me!

Last edited:
£20 Mill of his hard earned, gets obliterated by Sir Him Who Must Never Be Mentioned, then he returns and prevents, certain Death, by once again "Digging Deep"! Whats not to like, about Dave King?

Sounds like, The Greatest Ever Ranger, to me!

Correct, there's some seriously dubious posts on this thread and I find it hard to believe they are coming from Rangers fans. No coincidence Rangers Media is down at the moment?
Thank fek DK was ready & continues the fight against Ashley. Not easy taking on a fat fucking billionaire criminal with zero morals and a vendetta againstour club. We should all be grateful for King's taking this piece of human waste head on. He's doing a stellar job of it.

I agree with what you are saying but my point re investment was related to outside/new investment and in particular investment brought to the table by Alastair Johnston. When he rejoined the board we were told that we would soon see the benefit of why. I had heard that the why has slowed due to DK and the British Courts being synonymous with each other.

The level of activity in the current transfer window would suggest that isn't the case.

Has he?
Can you tell us where you heard this ? I have never heard anyone mention this except a failed Politician and and his sidekick. he was talking shite just like you

you appea
The level of activity in the current transfer window would suggest that isn't the case.

You appear to be missing my point. I'm not saying the position with regards DK harming our current business including bringing players in. What I was referring to was growth and increasing revenue streams, new markets, fresh money etc.

Back