Dave King cranks up Rangers board beef by revealing he opposed Graeme Park over 'moral obligation'

1) A good point, you ‘don’t know’ so have assumed the worst.

2) He wasn’t ‘personally’ responsible, he was part of a committee that made a recommendation to others, including the then Chairman. The appointment didn’t work.

I’d counter that by saying the appointments of, for example, Ross Wilson and James Bisgrove appear to have been good ones. Graeme Park was heavily involved in both.

People don’t like to remember the good things/facts.

Graeme Park was and always being know as the guy who appointed Pedro despite have absolutely no power to do so. I believe he was one of many that quickly sussed that Mark Allen was a bad fit too.

C1872, King, Houston, all we need know is Chris Graham to come out and say f(u)ck all for the Dave King bingo book to be completed.

If he has a duty to shareholders why he isn’t he telling us what his problem is? Is it because Graham and Houston have removed from the jobs that King gave them?

King must think we all zip up the back, forever grateful what he did for our club but he never done anything on his own, feelings towards him are rapidly changing. And the least said about CG and C1872 the better, utter shambolic organisation who'll never get another penny from me.

Whilst Graeme Park does strike me as an absolute fucking dumpling, I'm not sure this sort of shit is best played out via the media.
To be honest, his Dad does a bit too. I know he's the chairman but I would have him off all future public speaking. His contributions to the AGM were odd.

He’s desperate for his money and they only hope he has is 1872 you can smell it miles of him he thought he had a guaranteed buyer

At least the question of fan ownership has been put to bed forever. The board don't want it and the support are all too happy to tear itself apart over jealousy and tribalism. It's crazy how little it took for the idea of fan ownership to be poisoned and sabotaged.

Not sure you can describe an interview given to a newspaper as a "leak" either.

1- you took that out of context
2- you’re wrong
3- the daggers were out for Wilson a few weeks ago now we’ve flipped flopped back cos it suits your argument? Regards Bisgrove anyone imo can come in and extort money in exchange for tickets via MyGers and add thousands onto Bar72 seats etc
1) What did I take out of context? I asked what your opinion was based on, you said you didn’t know.

2) We could go round in circles all day with that, I assure you I’m spot on with that.

3) Who had the daggers out for Wilson? Did you? Are you happy with him? How has the uptake been on Bar72 etc? Has that increased revenue then the appointment of Bisgrove has been a success.

Jesus Christ dave king.

Imagine selling your soul to the Record just to publicly show Chris Graham you’re still pals.

King says he doesn’t want involved in the running of the club because he can’t dedicate his time and focus on it. I wish he’d disappear then and let the people that are focused get on with it.

He told Record Sport : “I have a fiduciary duty to vote my shares in what I consider to be in the best interest of myself and my fellow shareholders."

Fiduciary duty means loyalty to the organisation.

A fiduciary duty is a legal or ethical relationship of confidence or trust between two or more parties. The two key fiduciary duties an agent owes to its principal are as follows:
  • it must not place itself in a position where its own interests conflict with those of the principal or whether there is a real possibility that will happen (the 'no conflict' rule);
  • it must not profit from its position at the expense of the principal (the 'no profit' rule).

He's coming across as bitter because he's not getting the money for his shares. To run to the Record is poor from him. Does he expect Club1872 to get a massive amount of support by doing that?

Given that Club 1872 have been insistent in the past on "Don't click, don't share" when it comes to the Daily Record, I for one am looking foward to seeing the hoops they jump through in order to defend King over this.

When the Club 1872 numbers dwindle even lower, who's going to be blamed next ?

The organisation is toxic. That's on the Club 1872 board, not the Rangers one.

He’s really trying to push this club1872 narrative isn’t he?

If they weren’t a vehicle for getting his shares he couldn’t give less of a %^*&. He was never for fan ownership before. It’s a shameless piece of fluff.

Club1872 should be disbanded once and for all. They’ll never get the amount needed to buy Kings shares (thankfully)

Fan ownership in the sense of a vehicle like club1872 would be an unmitigated disaster for Rangers FC and should never, ever happen

Given that Club 1872 have been insistent in the past on "Don't click, don't share" when it comes to the Daily Record, I for one am I looking foward to seeing the hoops they jump through in order to defend King over this.
They’ll prob have helped set the interview up :D

Just don’t see how after all the recent mess that club1872 can actually buy his shares anyway. They’ve basically became irrelevant and I don’t see how they recover. The big question is what happens to king shares? He seems desperate to recoup his money but without club1872 who is going to buy them?

1- you took that out of context
2- you’re wrong
3- the daggers were out for Wilson a few weeks ago now we’ve flipped flopped back cos it suits your argument? Regards Bisgrove anyone imo can come in and extort money in exchange for tickets via MyGers and add thousands onto Bar72 seats etc
Aye, because thats all he has has done since he joined. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

If they weren’t a vehicle for getting his shares he couldn’t give less of a %^*&. He was never for fan ownership before. It’s a shameless piece of fluff.

Club1872 should be disbanded once and for all. They’ll never get the amount needed to buy Kings shares (thankfully)

Fan ownership in the sense of a vehicle like club1872 would be an unmitigated disaster for Rangers FC and should never, ever happen
The thing is, King isnt stupid, there is no way he is looking at c1872 and thinking they will raise the money needed so he can sell his shares to them.

I still think c1872 is the right vehicle to buy King's shares, but i think the current management of C1872 are toxic and the organisation won't grow as we need it to with them in charge.

It seems clear he’s pissed off he’s not getting his money. What I don’t understand is how he thinks by behaving like this, this will help?

I’m now splitting my thoughts on King into two parts. My forever gratitude and admiration for what he did to save us. Then the part since he left where he comes across as increasingly bitter, and only out for himself.

He’s not someone sadly I have a lot of time for now.

I’ll repeat what I said on the Dave King thread last week before an admin took it upon themselves to edit my post and accused me a making it up!

Open hostility between DK and the board.
DK feels he’s not be given enough due credit.
The board think he’s crossed too many red lines.
He’s not welcome.

I’ll repeat what I said on the Dave King thread last week before an admin took it upon themselves to edit my post and accused me a making it up!

He’s not welcome.
How do you know this?

I’ll be eternally grateful to Mr King for everything he has done for Rangers but he is so out of touch with the broader fan base never mind shareholders if he thinks Club1872 getting his shares is a good idea.

Frightening to think what could or would happen if they did.

I don’t have a problem with him wanting to sell his shares, surely to f*ck the current investors can buy them from him or at least some to keep him happy and his trap shut.

I am not going to lie though it’s worrying that a man who’s lost so much personal wealth in our club seems desperate to oust someone from the board room, that doesn’t sit right with me and he must have a valid reason.

I’ll be eternally grateful to Mr King for everything he has done for Rangers but he is so out of touch with the broader fan base never mind shareholders if he thinks Club1872 getting his shares is a good idea.

Frightening to think what could or would happen if they did.

I don’t have a problem with him wanting to sell his shares, surely to f*ck the current investors can buy them from him or at least some to keep him happy and his trap shut.

I am not going to lie though it’s worrying that a man who’s lost so much personal wealth in our club seems desperate to oust someone from the board room, that doesn’t sit right with me and he must have a valid reason.
The current investors will put money into the club and get shares that way.

Disbanded? And what happens to their shareholding and cash? Reconfigured, reorganised, renamed or whatever - but it needs to continue in some form or other.

I still think c1872 is the right vehicle to buy King's shares, but i think the current management of C1872 are toxic and the organisation won't grow as we need it to with them in charge.
It is, people need to open their eyes to the bigger picture here and not just write off c1872 because they are unhappy with two people who currently occupy the chairs.

To be honest, his Dad does a bit too. I know he's the chairman but I would have him off all future public speaking. His contributions to the AGM were odd.
Douglas Park is a dreadful public speaker, that's for sure. Astute businessman however.

His son has done nothing to merit a position on the board, and his involvement in the caixinha fiasco should have seen him jettisoned.

Nepotism at its finest

He’s not welcome.
Credit for what, from who?

Douglas Park is a dreadful public speaker, that's for sure. Astute businessman however.

His son has done nothing to merit a position on the board, and his involvement in the caixinha fiasco should have seen him jettisoned.

Nepotism at its finest
Paul Murray also involved in that? heard he was but dont see him getting the flack lol

I think he has to realise that it’s not the board where the disconnect with club1872 is. It’s actually majority of the fans who has a disconnect with club1872. Maybe get rid of the charlatans behind that organisation to start off with Mr King.

I'm just going to come out and say it.

I feel DK want's his cash back but has designs on C1872. I truly think that he's got it in his mind that he can sell his shares, gain a pivotal role in C1872, then influence with no financial risk.

I cannot, for the life of me, rationalise his comments re C1872 through a business lens, it only stacks up if seen through a more emotive/combatitive lens, especially against the current board.

The current investors will put money into the club and get shares that way.

And rightly so.

But it’s worrying that King thinks Club1872 is a good idea because he seems desperate for his money according to some, why would he be desperate for the 13m? Will he need to shut down all his other businesses and sell assets he has in SA and beyond if he didn’t?

Ask yourself that because the answer is no he doesn’t so it’s alarming of some sort, what’s next him being as ignorant as the current board are to him and he burying the hatchet with Ashley and selling them to him :eek:?

And rightly so.

But it’s worrying that King thinks Club1872 is a good idea because he seems desperate for his money according to some, why would he be desperate for the 13m? Will he need to shut down all his other businesses and sell assets he has in SA and beyond if he didn’t?

Ask yourself that because the answer is no he doesn’t so it’s alarming of some sort, what’s next him being as ignorant as the current board are to him and he burying the hatchet with Ashley and selling them to him :eek:?
I honestly think King would prefer to sell up to C1872, he wants the fans to have better representation. As he said no one, not even the investors, put in as much as us fans do as a collective. I think he is of the opinion that the board are using people with influence, within this forum (see post #204 ;)) and elsewhere to run c1872 down and ensuring that doesn't happen. I can see how he got to that opinion tbh.

Last edited:
I'm just going to come out and say it.

I feel DK want's his cash back but has designs on C1872. I truly think that he's got it in his mind that he can sell his shares, gain a pivotal role in C1872, then influence with no financial risk.

I cannot, for the life of me, rationalise his comments re C1872 through a business lens, it only stacks up if seen through a more emotive/combatitive lens, especially against the current board.
Northampton loyalist has posted many times on why that is nonsense and makes no sense. Giving up a substantial shareholding to a membership scheme that requires votes gives you less influence

Back