Dave King cranks up Rangers board beef by revealing he opposed Graeme Park over 'moral obligation'

Looks rather opinionated to me.

The only issue I have is with King going to the DR with this story.

I despise the lack of loyalty we show towards our own, the second things go against what we'd like.

Lol, of course it's "opinionated", it's a fucking fitba forum we're on, in case you'd forgotten.
You seem to be getting your drawers in a bit of a twist over this.
For the record (and no, not 'The Record') I will always be grateful to DK for what he did and when he did it, but this muck raking via an odious rag that detests us (and him) leaves a bad taste.
As someone above says its possible to be grateful for past events but disappointed in current events.
Life's seldom, if ever, black and white.

That’s not true. No current investor is willing to put their money anywhere other than The Club with the exception of Club1872. They care to much about Rangers to do that.
Outside investor, someone with no current financial interest in the club

As much as I have praised DK in the past, and I have many times, it is good to see fan "power" has played a part, small but important, in helping to pass the resolutions to which DK objected. It was democracy in action that the fan members of C1872 voted in enough numbers for C1872 to support all the resolutions and have them pass. Even more significant, I believe the fans, through their Tifosy holdings, voted most of their 4.16% in favour. This was important on Resolution 8 which was only passed with a 4.2% margin. Now, the rub, The Tifosy shares only came about because last year's AGM passed the equivalent of Resolution 8. Without that 4.12% the voting margin would have been wafer thin!

He desperately wants C1872 to buy his shares which is perfectly understandable IMO, and he's always been working towards that end, but RFC's share issue put a spoke in that.

However, IMO from reading between the lines, he seems to be trying to influence the C1872 board to work to his agenda from the shadows (with no great resistance from them BTW) which is a bit off. Most of the internal ills of C1872 originate from around the time King and the C1872 board started trying to push this agenda. When their motives were brought into question, instead of C1872 board looking for common ground with RM and Co. to seek some sort of compromise, they came out all guns blazing which only served to widen the gap between them and a sizeable chunk of C1872 members.

For the best interests of all involved, and Rangers fans in general, some compromise needs to be worked out in private well aware from the gutter press who - let's face it - despise us.
C1872 was a closed shop from the beginning. I know someone who applied for the board at the beginning and was warned off with don't waste your time you have no chance.

Rumour I heard was it was down to the treatment of Chris Graham post-King (i.e. removal of company car and salary for 'helping' C1872. I won't be surprised if their new 'full time helper' has the initials CG)

As a C1872 member, the King influence worries me
Sorry but Graeme Park couldn’t decide to end Chris Graham’s gravy train without board support.
Chris Graham was paid approx £250k over the 4 years that C1872 revenue dropped by 50%. In any other Company he’d have been dismissed after 2 years
Dave King needs to give it rest at let the current board complete the job he walked away from.

Sorry but Graeme Park couldn’t decide to end Chris Graham’s gravy train without board support.
Chris Graham was paid approx £250k over the 4 years that C1872 revenue dropped by 50%. In any other Company he’d have been dismissed after 2 years
Dave King needs to give it rest at let the current board complete the job he walked away from.
Your first sentence is absolutely spot on, like most of your posts in fact.

I’d respectfully disagree about CG being ‘sacked’ sooner, the fact he was paid over £70k a year in the first place is absolutely obscene. Scandalous in fact.

Guess that many of us on this forum will have sons as have Dave King and Douglas Park. Can’t imagine that too many go along with the hurt that DK has brought to the Park family.

There are investors who want his shares but he won’t sell them to them .
Exactly

There is an implication, from some, that Dave is desperate for the support to give him his money back.
There is a lot wrong with his actions here, that is off the mark

It makes me sad seeing King acting like this, a genuine hero tarnishing his legacy, could all have been done away from the media.

When King was coming in he had 2 people who contacted the media didn’t he?

Jim Traynor and Chris Graham.

We assuming either of them didn’t know about the record thing? Or did they not care?
Chris Graham would have known.

I’ve said this before I genuinely think DKs loosing the plot as to additional pressures within the SA political scene on Non Native SAs. I guess he’s not short of a Bob or two, however with all the financial rules within SA, I might only be a fraction of what his wealth could be. Also if the monies that have already been repaid, plus if he managed to sell his holding here, would he be able to have his monies in a U.K. Bank away from SA?

Lot of respect for King but don't like him speaking to the Record about this stuff. It's good that there are people holding the board accountable and asking questions and creating debate - but would rather read about it in places like here or other fan forums, that he is free to speak to and I'm sure would be encouraged.

Doesn't take much for Scottish media to sensationalise anything going on at Ibrox so why feed them anything?

I know nothing about Park Junior.
I've nothing against King, only praise, but what marks out of 10 does Park get from those more in the know ?

Club1872 are never going to be able to buy the shares
They seem to be losing fan support weekly. The fans were, putting their cash into club 1872. But most of articles I read about now, are saying people have become disillusioned with the leadership of club 1872. It's a shame, because it could have been a great vehicle for fans to hold sway as shareholders. People start off with great amounts of good will, and expectations. Then ambition kicks in, and everything is lost. The clouds of chaos, mask the destruction of the green eyed monster.

They seem to be losing fan support weekly. The fans were, putting their cash into club 1872. But most of articles I read about now, are saying people have become disillusioned with the leadership of club 1872. It's a shame, because it could have been a great vehicle for fans to hold sway as shareholders. People start off with great amounts of good will, and expectations. Then ambition kicks in, and everything is lost. The clouds of chaos, mask the destruction of the green eyed monster.

Legacy donations at C1872 are now down below 1200 (1197). Just a few months ago they were over 1500. The organisation is literally withering on the vine and that is largely due to incompetent and, in my opinion, self seeking management by the cabal running it.

Not impressed with King in the recent past but can anyone who says things like "King looks after King" explain that take?

If he only ever looked out for himself he wouldnt have ploughed millions of pounds and a lot of time and effort into ousting the spivs.

Seems to me he wanted in and out as soon as he possibly could with as little impact on his own wallet as possible whilst restoring us to past glory. I dont have an issue with him wanting to cash out his chips but he's going about it in a very odd way.

Dave KIng's behaviour is unbecoming as he keeps washing the club's dirty linen and his fight with them in public.. he should learn to say what he wants behind closed doors to the people he has a beef with...

Dave KIng's behaviour is unbecoming as he keeps washing the club's dirty linen and his fight with them in public.. he should learn to say what he wants behind closed doors to the people he has a beef with...
maybe he felt like he had to defend him self in public as he felt he was getting slated in public ?

edit . worded it wrong

If something is going on that isn’t good at board level. King should just tell us. C1872 (his pals) can’t tell us because the club won’t talk to them. The board won’t say it, because they’ll think everything is fine.

And don’t do through the fucking DR!

Im struggling to remember anything recently said by Douglas Park or his son about King in public. This for me, is all really distasteful and more akin to the behaviour from the tramps in the othr end of the city with this public fighting!
It’s more pubic slagging, a fight it kind of a 2 way thing.

Back