Dave King did not make “a statement”

What is confusing people so much?
King gave a written response. It was posted in the thread titled “King statement”.
It was 2 paragraphs and the 3rd was a fantasy posted by someone who wouldn’t have to take responsibility for it. It was obvious to me the first time I read it that the 3rd paragraph was nothing to do with King.

No , but emailing Jim Whyte ? Fck me . The guy has tried to seriously damage our club now on several occasions . He should be persona non grata for any bear, including and especially our chairman .
He works for sky. Would you prefer BBC Scotland? The Record? The sun?
Is there anybody left people won’t be raging about?

Our chairman feeing the need to send a personal email to Jim Whyte ! Are you deaf ?
He sent a 2 paragraph response. It wasn’t a love letter. It’s it that hard to understand what happens between sport media and football clubs? They’re not going on a date.

He sent a 2 paragraph response. It wasn’t a love letter. It’s it that hard to understand what happens between sport media and football clubs? They’re not going on a date.

To Jim Whyte .

Reprehensible . I’m sorry but that’s the truth , no matter how much we back the chairman .

To Jim Whyte .

Reprehensible . I’m sorry but that’s the truth , no matter how much we back the chairman .
Are you serious? And you wonder how we struggle to get positive PR. Some of our fans are a dream for “haters” absolutely desperate to turn on Rangers or the board. It’s pathetic.

What the Fck are you on about ?
Are you stupid? We are a football club.
We will talk to sports journalists because we have to get our story out. Being angry at Rangers and the board for being a football club and doing what football clubs do is going to lead to a lot of anger.

Jim White was talking about DK's wonderful house in SA. I vaguely remember him visiting SA and doing a report for Sky. He obviously has a professional relationship with the chairman, and DK used that as a way of getting a message out.

Quite why our chairman is even entering into any comms with that scumbag Jim whyte is what’s bothering me .

Very concerning .

Id be more concerned if we were not getting into conversation with the likes of whyte. Love him or loathe him he's is in a very prominent position within Sky and its crucial we start getting people like him onside with Rangers.
For what it's worth I'm in total agreement with your assessment of whyte himself , he's an absolute cock but unfortunately we find ourselves in a propaganda war so we really do need some allies on our side and start to undo some of the damage done by that fat slant eyed bastard across the city.

Last edited:
Are you serious? And you wonder how we struggle to get positive PR. Some of our fans are a dream for “haters” absolutely desperate to turn on Rangers or the board. It’s pathetic.
We struggle to get positive or mate because of the rangers hating Scottish media who seem to be in Celtics back pocket.

Are you stupid? We are a football club.
We will talk to sports journalists because we have to get our story out. Being angry at Rangers and the board for being a football club and doing what football clubs do is going to lead to a lot of anger.

I don’t put myself down as being particularly stupid, no .

I find it incredible that if our chairman felt the need to send out a statement/apology, he used one of the biggest bellends and anti-Rangers agitators on tv for the past twenty years to do it through .

Bad decision . Don’t have any more to add .

The 2 paragraphs in the op of the king statement.
Yeah mate thats what I see to, can someone clarify what King did or didn't write please?
I'm just as confused as you are, In the record it has Kings statement broken down into four paragraphs, but says the exact same in the King statement thread only difference is it's been just reduced to two paragraphs but still says the same thing as the record report.

We struggle to get positive or mate because of the rangers hating Scottish media who seem to be in Celtics back pocket.
So let’s just go ahead and create a BBC Scotland situation with sky now because White works for them?
Do the people on here who moan about PR have a clue what PR is?

I don’t put myself down as being particularly stupid, no .

I find it incredible that if our chairman felt the need to send out a statement/apology, he used one of the biggest bellends and anti-Rangers agitators on tv for the past twenty years to do it through .

Bad decision . Don’t have any more to add .
Have you followed what’s happened with BBC Scotland in recent years? Do you think it would be clever to create that situation with sky sports?

Back