Dave King did not make “a statement”

Spot on. There are some media whore's that are two important to on ignore.

Sadly white is one that will be required from time to time. If it's good enough for DK then what do we know? We have to trust his judgement on those he chooses to utilise for three good if the Club.

So let’s just go ahead and create a BBC Scotland situation with sky now because White works for them?
Do the people on here who moan about PR have a clue what PR is?

White was talking about it quite a bit on his talk sport show and sky sports were also giving the Clarke story a lot of airtime. King was most likely trying some damage limitation to our brand , given that talk sport and sky have a fairly large Audience.

I'm just as confused as you are, In the record it has Kings statement broken down into four paragraphs, but says the exact same in the King statement thread only difference is it's been just reduced to two paragraphs but still says the same thing as the record report.

I think the tweet is two paragraphs made up of four sentences and King has only written the first two sentences.

Would that be right?

If Rangers are to have professional relationships with the media,.we may as well use friendly ones
So because you like Adrian Durham you’d only be happy if King hunts him down to send a response to questions that sky asked?

White was talking about it quite a bit on his talk sport show and sky sports were also giving the Clarke story a lot of airtime. King was most likely trying some damage limitation to our brand , given that talk sport and sky have a fairly large Audience.

Yaaaaayyyy!

(Sarcasm not aimed at you Moe)
P.s is there a Hugh Jarse there?

It all makes sense now.

The poster a few days ago asking for the email address of Dave King is actually Jim White.

Glad we could help Jim

Reactions: TN8
He works for sky. Would you prefer BBC Scotland? The Record? The sun?
Is there anybody left people won’t be raging about?

Don't be so bloody childish. Any statement, para or whisper in someone's ear should not go to the broadcasters who will spin it. They should go straight onto the club website. I would have thought even Traynor would have sussed that by now?

Let us get this right.
BBC Scotland, The Record, STV and all the rest of the wee local news stuff just doesn't get below the border.
No one hears it in the greater Metropolis of London nor can be bothered to find it out in the Shires.
However, Sky and Talksport are different animals.
They are nationwide and have an audience that dwarves the Scottish media which is largely insignificant and populated by media and press pygmies.

Dave King knows where the significant buttons are and sadly enough that cvunt White happens to be accommodated inside the organisations that matter nationally.
I think that just about sums up Dave King's decision making process in this matter rightly or wrongly.

I think he was probably right.
The pygmies eventually pick it up anyway.

Don't be so bloody childish. Any statement, para or whisper in someone's ear should not go to the broadcasters who will spin it. They should go straight onto the club website. I would have thought even Traynor would have sussed that by now?
So we just cut ourselves off from all media?
That works well doesn’t it?

So we just cut ourselves off from all media?
That works well doesn’t it?

"That works well"? Tell me what is 'working well' under the current bend over approach?
We're under constant attack because we're stuck in the past, our incompetence effectively condones the attacks.
Until we appoint competent reps who know how to get a convincing message out there put everything onto the club site and manage releases.
Who advises our media strategy? Who advises Dave King? Why are these not known?

Every rangers statement always goes onto the official website...I haven't seen king's or Gerrard's

The way the club has mishandled this makes you despair. “Deeply distressed”? Give me a break.

Since Sunday, our ex player was hit by a coin and abused, a stand was trashed, 2 of our pubs have been set alight and multiple supporters arrested in Spain. Yet this crap is the story?

I don’t condone unacceptable behaviour but the club need to call this out for what it is. This was a bitter man who couldn’t stomach a heavy defeat. That’s it. The usual clowns in the media, the SNP and NBM have had nothing to say whatsoever on multiple incidents over a number of years. They don’t care about sectarianism. They care about damaging Rangers and King’s choice of words simply arms them further.

"That works well"? Tell me what is 'working well' under the current bend over approach?
We're under constant attack because we're stuck in the past, our incompetence effectively condones the attacks.
Until we appoint competent reps who know how to get a convincing message out there put everything onto the club site and manage releases.
Who advises our media strategy? Who advises Dave King? Why are these not known?
We’re under attack by Scottish media. It would be an absolute disaster to get into that situation with sky sports.

All our club statements and messages to the media on matters not related to football need to go through a lawyer before going to the press.

Sending an e-mail to a media personality and platform that hates our guts, in a form of media that can easily be doctored by one side or another is the height of stupidity.

Our reactive messages to the media from board level should be short, sharp and to the point.

Addressed on Rangers headed letter and ran by a lawyer before it is sent.

Yes it takes time, yes it is less personal but it is what needs to happen from now on in.

We have lawyers on retainer for %^*& sake. Use them.

Haven't read full thread so far but,
what news from the Holy Land? is Richard still alive???

The way the club has mishandled this makes you despair. “Deeply distressed”? Give me a break.

Since Sunday, our ex player was hit by a coin and abused, a stand was trashed, 2 of our pubs have been set alight and multiple supporters arrested in Spain. Yet this crap is the story?

I don’t condone unacceptable behaviour but the club need to call this out for what it is. This was a bitter man who couldn’t stomach a heavy defeat. That’s it. The usual clowns in the media, the SNP and NBM have had nothing to say whatsoever on multiple incidents over a number of years. They don’t care about sectarianism. They care about damaging Rangers and King’s choice of words simply arms them further.

Great post. The people in charge of Rangers are clueless when it comes to defending our reputation.

Well I am confused.

Jim White's tweet contains two paragraphs each of two sentences.

Is Suck saying that it was formatted into 4 paragraphs and the last two sentences weren't written by King or is there another longer version where two additional paragraphs were falsely added?

Back