Dave King | Douglas Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he has. It doesn’t matter what he was doing years ago or if it’s at his kids’ behest - he’s invested his personal money.
I am making the point he won’t push the boat out.

The lack of investment has cost us in the region of 40 million already and gave them a free run this year as well .

Rightly or wrongly we should have strengthened properly in the Summer and January.

That remains to be seen though, does it not?

True mate there’s still time but people have a right to be concerned after Gerrard leaving because he wasn’t backed.

We don’t want a told you so or we seen this coming posts in 2/3 months.

Hopefully work is being done quietly in the back ground but that’s hope based on absolutely nothing.

Or maybe the huge loss in the last accounts is needing to be remembered and that we can’t continue to lose such high amounts of money each year. It’s a few days into the transfer window with plenty time to go yet, calm it.

The lack of investment has cost us in the region of 40 million already and gave them a free run this year as well .

Rightly or wrongly we should have strengthened properly in the Summer and January.

He’s invested in a Scottish football team where there’s very little return for your investment.

That’s pushing the boat out.

King will forever have my thanks for what he done

But it’s easy to forget he jumped ship and didn’t half get us involved in petty squabbles not to mention he overseen some of the worst and most embarrassing statements we’ve ever released. We were releasing statements every other week, all talk no action.

He signed off on Pedro.

He was in charge of the Sports Direct court appearances where our legal team seemed to get our arses handed to us every time.

He was there during the Hummel / Elite nonsense deal.

Park and co again I’ll always be thankful but it seems very much like they’re out of touch with the average fan.

The ongoing safe standing debacle, the ignoring survey results and clear demand for it.

The Australian friendly nonsense

The Sports Direct settlement which looks like it’ll have cost us a few million

The Champions Wall

The Edmiston House delays

The 150th anniversary celebrations which were a spectacular let down and I dare say fans probably had better celebrations round in their back garden

Neither of the above options are perfect tbh

Let’s put it this way, I was about his Hamilton dealership a lot when he had his own office in it one round from the Oden as I say it’s his money his call but he won’t spend a penny he doesn’t have to.
Park stepped up along with others to extricate the club from the spivs. He’s since lent the Club money and taken some back in the form of shares rather than take cash out of the Club.

When the next set of accounts come out, we will show a record turnover.

I’d say he’s gone over and beyond the call of duty.

You sure you’re not hankering for the days of AGMs being held in a marque and the transfer window meaning a mass input of assorted waifs and strays from Newcastle?

Did King not leave us/Park in a bit of a mess in terms of funding. I seem to remember chat about something like a 25mil funding hole Park had to fill.

Could be talking absolute rubbish.
I recall at an AGM when they were pals King said that immediately after saying hello to Park he was asking him to put his hand in his pocket.

But it’s easy to forget he jumped ship and didn’t half get us involved in petty squabbles not to mention he overseen some of the worst and most embarrassing statements we’ve ever released. We were releasing statements every other week, all talk no action.

He signed off on Pedro.

He was in charge of the Sports Direct court appearances where our legal team seemed to get our arses handed to us every time.

Park and co again I’ll always be thankful but it seems very much like they’re out of touch with the average fan.

The ongoing safe standing debacle, the ignoring survey results and clear demand for it.

The Champions Wall

The 150th anniversary celebrations which were a spectacular let down and I dare say fans probably had better celebrations round in their back garden

The SD contracts that the previous board signed off on were so weighted against us I don’t see how anyone could have extracted us from them without incurring significant costs

Interesting way you put that.
2K7.gif

Anyone know anything about this?

Parks of Hamilton taking us to the court of session.

Oh ffs

So do you think thats me lol? I was shown the tweet about this at work a week ago.

Still doesn't answer the question and that is what is the case all about?.

I think that's very relevant in this thread.
You were? How coincidental.

And you not only were shown it, but remembered it almost word for word and regurgitated weapons grade timmy rhetoric with absolutely no clue what the case could be about.

It's also not the first time you've been dug up for being one of them, is it?

I can’t help but feel that a large section of the support is becoming more and more distrusting of this board.
I think you're dead wrong and basing your opinion on the vocal online mentalists who are, in truth, a meaninglessly small portion of the wider support.

I'd wager big that the in-real-life Rangers support, that vast global mass, don't feel anything at all like you've alluded to. I'd suggest they're in a decent mood after 55 and then the most high-profile and money spinning season since 2008, and looking forward to a shot at the champions league and 56 with Gio's team looking pretty bloody good and our support earning unparalleled reviews last term.

You were? How coincidental.

And you not only were shown it, but remembered it almost word for word and regurgitated weapons grade timmy rhetoric with absolutely no clue what the case could be about.

It's also not the first time you've been dug up for being one of them, is it?

Away and geez peace ffs.

That is nowhere near word for word and if i wanted to cause trouble i'd have been on about it last week. This thread about Parks reminded me of it. This place is a shambles because of folk like you who do not want big questions answered but would rather they kid on they are Poirot by searching back on posts. Pathetic.

Simple question, would you like to know why our current chairmans company have taken us to the court of session?

It's a yes or no question, not interested in the rest of your b*llsh*t.

I don't really know what you expected from this post @Kit_Bear
There are some on here that would let our board go in and pump their wives stupid, then have a fry up ready for them waking up in the morning . They'd then offer to pay their taxi fares home.
If you've come here looking for people to be objective in this king Vs board members scenario then you've come to the wrong place

The SD contracts that the previous board signed off on were so weighted against us I don’t see how anyone could have extracted us from them without incurring significant costs
It’s more the countless times we heard we had broken free to only end up back in court multiple times before eventually settling out of court

Millions in legal fees wasted

Dave King finds it very easy to win the popular vote. Jumps in saves the day, lots of media, and then quietly disappears, issues a few sound bites from South Africa about wanting his money back. Seen it twice now and would much rather have the stability of the current board who try and run the club properly.

We're just over 3 weeks into an 11 week transfer window. I genuinely can't understand some of the hysterics that we've not been particularly active so far. The time to judge the ins and outs is midnight on 1st September. Not the 5th of July.

It’s more the countless times we heard we had broken free to only end up back in court multiple times before eventually settling out of court

Millions in legal fees wasted
I think it was King who said we were shot of SDI, only for us then to find they’d signed a ‘matching rights in perpetuity’ contract. We lost that case a long, long time ago but the case dragged on for years whilst we argued about how much it was going to cost us for breaching that contract to go with Elite/Hummel.

It would appear that we eventually settled the case, which we’d already lost remember, using some of the Patterson money. That happened last February. We don’t know until the Accounts come out how much that cost us. My guess would be a minimum £3m, but it is only a guess, based quite simply on the fact that had it been lower we’d have settled earlier to be rid of the ongoing dispute.

That is nowhere near word for word and if i wanted to cause trouble i'd have been on about it last week. This thread about Parks reminded me of it. This place is a shambles because of folk like you who do not want big questions answered but would rather they kid on they are Poirot by searching back on posts. Pathetic.

Simple question, would you like to know why our current chairmans company have taken us to the court of session?

It's a yes or no question, not interested in the rest of your b*llsh*t.
Of course I'd like to know the reason for it. I'm sure there is a perfectly valid explanation though so I'll just wait until the judgment is posted on the COS site like they always are.

I'd also like to know why bears would come here and paraphrase posts from timmy twitter accounts to make their point. Odd behaviour.

Park stepped up along with others to extricate the club from the spivs. He’s since lent the Club money and taken some back in the form of shares rather than take cash out of the Club.

When the next set of accounts come out, we will show a record turnover.

I’d say he’s gone over and beyond the call of duty.

You sure you’re not hankering for the days of AGMs being held in a marque and the transfer window meaning a mass input of assorted waifs and strays from Newcastle?
No I just don’t want to play second fiddle to the beasts from the east for another extended period we could have knocked them down a fair bit if we had kept the foot on the throat.

I’m don’t think King gave Murray £20m to lose.
I’d have though he’d have seen this as an investment.
Obviously he didnt give him lose, nor was it an investment with equity.
It was a donation to the club, hard to beat that.
Nothing against Park , but King is a real Rangers man who has lost a lot of money .
( from five thousand miles away)
I hope the son doesnt follow in the fathers foot steps.

Of course I'd like to know the reason for it. I'm sure there is a perfectly valid explanation though so I'll just wait until the judgment is posted on the COS site like they always are.

I'd also like to know why bears would come here and paraphrase posts from timmy twitter accounts to make their point. Odd behaviour.
Not half as odd as your behaviour. If you think that was paraphrasing that tweet you are in trouble lol

I didn't want to wait. I wanted to know and now i do, so you wont need to wait either.

I dont think it was a big fanfare at the time with King.
I think it was pretty low key.

He signed off on Pedro.

The Champions Wall

A lot of those examples are straws you are clutching on.

I'd be inclined to point the finger at the executive board of Robertson, Wilson etc for some of the issues pointed out by the OP.

These guys are paid handsomely to make the tough calls.

All Park (and other investors) has done is put his hand deep into his pockets to keep us going through the last few years.

Wheres all the far east or Hong Kong guys with some dough.
Never hear of them.
Better with Hong Kong Phoey .

The £40m you quote was in no way guaranteed. We could have spent £30m last summer and not qualified.

Gerrard was always going to return home. When his wife moved back to Liverpool it was always limiting his time with us.

This board handled the manager change very well and are managing the club in a sustainable way. That is key. Douglas Park has the long term interests of the club at heart and is a safe custodian.

We will strengthen in the right and affordable way.

My feeling, without any knowledge of the mindset of Park or King, is that we have gone from a position of attractive strength from a European final to looking lacklustre in too many departments. I don’t feel disgruntled, but I feel uneasy about things on too many fronts.

On the pitch, the window has not been fruitful so far and the clock is ticking. Of course there are many factors and we just need to wait to see the money that will come in from sales and/or UCL qualification, but there seems the same Malmö gamble coming.

Off the pitch, too many amateurish dealings recently. Castore remain an issue to the fan base, the strip launch was poor, the museum, “Champions” wall and the absolute disconnect with the Ticket centre. The standards have been righted in many aspects but there is far to go and only a few in the building get my full trust. A few others, I’m not sure are modern enough for the level we need. It’s lots of small, medium points that in isolation wouldn’t be a worry but in total lead to negativity at a time where it should be easy to sell Rangers or promote us.

The next two months are absolutely vital for the playing side and that is the main focus.
I’d add I’d never knock Park or Bennett, who could?

But others at the Club aren’t doing a good enough job. We cannot spend what we don’t have, however we aren’t bringing in the money for players at the correct moment. If the moonbeams and sugar daddy plan is the past then our approach to selling has to change or we go stale & backwards.

This is what we know and there must be plenty of other things.
Edmiston House - shambles , what contract stops because of finance .
Embarrassing.
The memorial garden - sued for million.
Total mismanagement.
Australia
300k for a roof report from engineers- the contractor that did the works would have did it for nothing.
Mismanagement

A lot of those examples are straws you are clutching on.
Feel free to highlight them rather than following me about in threads with generic comments about posts of mine

Is anything I’ve said above untrue?

King / Park have overseen those events I speak of. Most of which have resulted in the club losing money due to it, lots of it.

Not half as odd as your behaviour. If you think that was paraphrasing that tweet you are in trouble lol

I didn't want to wait. I wanted to know and now i do, so you wont need to wait either.
You: "The court of session is no small claims court"
Timmy: "It's not a small claim doon the sheriff court that's for sure."

Not paraphrasing? B-D

As always, timmy take much more interest in off-field matters than your average bear so I'm not surprised you were so keen to know, since twitter didn't deliver answers.

You: "The court of session is no small claims court"
Timmy: "It's not a small claim doon the sheriff court that's for sure."

Not paraphrasing? B-D

As always, timmy take much more interest in off-field matters than your average bear so I'm not surprised you were so keen to know, since twitter didn't deliver answers.
Crackpot :):):)

Happy with what we have without Dave KIng. I dont expect Directors to continue to fire in cash each year either. After years of losses we dont suddenly become able to spend big after one good season which does not wipe out previous losses.
Our current team is quite capable of winning the league and getting into the CL latter stages and if we can add a couple to help that along then that is a plus.
WE also have some good youngsters which I hope we will see more of this season.
A good wide right player would be useful. If we were to sell anybody then I would expect the cash to be used to replace them.

Whether it’s general unrest from the lack of transfer activity or a genuine observation I can’t help but feel that a large section of the support is becoming more and more distrusting of this board.

The 150th celebrations weren’t handled well at all followed by the Australian debacle. Then we’ve had the last 3 transfer windows. I get that this one isn’t finished yet, so it shouldn’t count but you’d have expected some money spent and players in the door by now. Considering the qualifiers. (The 3 since DK left?)

So, why the sudden uptake in bad boardroom decisions and activity? For me it looks like there’s a correlation between the decline of our off-field ability and Dave King leaving.

I just wanted to know what the general opinion is on this and why it’s not really talked about that much? Douglas Park hasn’t delivered anything of note since taking over other than perhaps a noticeable tightening of the purse strings.

I’ll await the “hello Mr King” first reply but to be honest it’s not really a formed opinion just something I’ve been thinking about and would like some more insight on.
Douglas Park is no longer chairman and hasn’t been for a while!?

Since 2012 we were a shambles until the board made a brave appointment of Steven Gerrard we have won 55, won the Scottish Cup, reached the Europa Cup Final, second to Real Madrid in co efficient points in Europe over 4 seasons, Ibrox has been brought up to par, Gio Van Bronkhurst recruited, our womens team won the League, we have a squad that are worth £millions .

Think back to some of seasons we suffered since 2012.

To reach a European Final after the disaster of 2012 is a miracle.

Maybe we should give a little credit to our board.

Feel free to highlight them rather than following me about in threads with generic comments about posts of mine

Is anything I’ve said above untrue?

King / Park have overseen those events I speak of. Most of which have resulted in the club losing money due to it, lots of it.
My point is that much of that is not enough to disengage anyone on the board from the fans. These might, in isolation, be frustrating, but the schism and the hostility you referred to earlier doesn't really exist, in my opinion.

I’d add I’d never knock Park or Bennett, who could?

But others at the Club aren’t doing a good enough job. We cannot spend what we don’t have, however we aren’t bringing in the money for players at the correct moment. If the moonbeams and sugar daddy plan is the past then our approach to selling has to change or we go stale & backwards.
What players do you think we should have sold and when?

Would you have been happy in the build to the 55 season if we’d offloaded players thus jeopardising our title chances?

Or did you want players sold this time last season ahead of the CL qualifiers?

So lets go out and spend money getting top players in to try and qualify for the cl.

We don't qualify then what? It's ok, I know the answer, we end up on the slippery slope again to where we were before.

If that's the gamble you want to take with the club, fine. I put the club before glory, but that's maybe just me and I have the wrong thinking.

Every one seems to be fairly accurate though, suggesting there is good and maybe, let’s call it ego, on both sides.
He's went all the way back to Pedro, and something as vague as safe standing, as if that is peculiar to Park alone. It's straw clutching.

My point is that much of that is not enough to disengage anyone on the board from the fans. These might, in isolation, be frustrating, but the schism and the hostility you referred to earlier doesn't really exist, in my opinion.
We’ll agree to disagree then

In various chats I’m in with RSC / mates etc there’s very much a feeling of frustration and annoyance with the current board

Whether it’s general unrest from the lack of transfer activity or a genuine observation I can’t help but feel that a large section of the support is becoming more and more distrusting of this board.

The 150th celebrations weren’t handled well at all followed by the Australian debacle. Then we’ve had the last 3 transfer windows. I get that this one isn’t finished yet, so it shouldn’t count but you’d have expected some money spent and players in the door by now. Considering the qualifiers. (The 3 since DK left?)

So, why the sudden uptake in bad boardroom decisions and activity? For me it looks like there’s a correlation between the decline of our off-field ability and Dave King leaving.

I just wanted to know what the general opinion is on this and why it’s not really talked about that much? Douglas Park hasn’t delivered anything of note since taking over other than perhaps a noticeable tightening of the purse strings.

I’ll await the “hello Mr King” first reply but to be honest it’s not really a formed opinion just something I’ve been thinking about and would like some more insight on.
Don't agree with this

OTyJ7Po.gif

Obviously he didnt give him lose, nor was it an investment with equity.
It was a donation to the club, hard to beat that.

Nothing against Park , but King is a real Rangers man who has lost a lot of money .
( from five thousand miles away)
I hope the son doesnt follow in the fathers foot steps.
No, it was categorically an investment in equity.

King, through his Ben Nevis investment vehicle, invested £20m in Murray Sports Limited to support the underwriting of a rights issue in its subsidiary, which in turn owned the club.

When Murray then restructured his group ahead of the sale to Whyte, King’s shareholding (by then moved to another of his investment companies) transferred to direct ownership of around 5% of the equity in Rangers Football Club plc (now RFC 2012 plc, in liquidation) which still owned the club at that point.

So, King categorically invested in return for equity. Now I don’t think he expected any major return, nor do I criticise him for receiving equity for his investment, but it wasn’t simply “a donation to the club”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back