Dave King | Douglas Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Us as fans put millions in to the club every season as well.
Park will not spend a penny he doesn’t need to.
We do and so does Park.You are missing the point that he cannot just give the Club millions to spend on players because it goes against UEFA regulations.You can only spend up to 70% of you're revenue and lose 30 million over 3 seasons which has just been upped to 60million.So maybe you don't like him but that is nothing to do with his contribution to the Club.

We haven’t had the money all the way through 2 years champions league money would have massively helped though.

Listen I am not looking to spend 10s of millions but I am sure we could have afforded a decent RW and a back up CF.
How much do you think it would have cost us and what players would you have liked us to sign?We have had a few good signings in recent years for practically nothing but have had to give them high wages

It's still early days in this transfer window. So far lots of rumours but very little movement. We still don't know which players will end up leaving us and we don't really know which players GVB wants to bring in.

So I think we all need a bit of patience and a bit of trust. We have come a long way in 10 years and I think the Board and management team we have in place are good.

That’s the point just level up and say what’s going on. Do not say all player sales monies received will be spent on players if that’s not the case and explain why.
Do you honestly think Directors should tell you their strategy, you have already said the fans pay in millions, but that is collective, Park and Bennett have put in the guts of £30m between them, how much have you put in in the last three years that makes you, I or anyone else think they are entitled to demand they tell you what they are thinking?
What world do you live in?

Do you honestly think Directors should tell you their strategy, you have already said the fans pay in millions, but that is collective, Park and Bennett have put in the guts of £30m between them, how much have you put in in the last three years that makes you, I or anyone else think they are entitled to demand they tell you what they are thinking?
A different one from you hopefully.

Anyone that thinks anyone running a football club isn't accountable to that clubs support is way off the mark.

How much do you think it would have cost us and what players would you have liked us to sign?We have had a few good signings in recent years for practically nothing but have had to give them high wages
I am not the Scouting department but I am sure we could have brought in a good RW for a couple of million and a decent quality back up striker even on loan, Colak was on loan to Malmo and put us out the CL.

A different one from you hopefully.

Anyone that thinks anyone running a football club isn't accountable to that clubs support is way off the mark.
So the club should come out and tell the world that all money from player sales will be invested in new players? Agents would love that as they would then know exactly how much we had available There are good business reasons for keeping such details quiet but I suspect a lot of people in this thread have no experience in running a business

We weren’t put out of business.

We were overspending significantly under Murray. You’re advocating a similar approach while accusing the likes of Park of being tight.

It’s ignorant.
No your being ignorant we got put out of business for around 12 million pounds the rest of the debt had mainly been paid back we had 10s of millions of pounds worth of assets.

We were wound up because Whyte never paid tax and VAT, Your listening to much to kiddiefiddler street.

See the few dreamers on here going on about our lack of spending, do any of you run your own business, not work for a company, but actually be the one that has the responsibility of paying the bills?
I'm sure a few on here will tell you the last few years have been horrendous trying to balance everything, we have a stand-alone pub and that has been difficult, I'm glad I'm not the one trying to balance the books at Rangers never mind trying to live up to the expectations of some of our, quite clearly deluded fans

No your being ignorant we got put out of business for around 12 million pounds the rest of the debt had mainly been paid back we had 10s of millions of pounds worth of assets.

We were wound up because Whyte never paid tax and VAT, Your listening to much to kiddiefiddler street.

We weren’t put out of business; we’re not a new club.

If you fail to see the problems of Murray’s tenure then it’s displaying astounding ignorance.

We weren’t put out of business; we’re not a new club.

If you fail to see the problems of Murray’s tenure then it’s displaying astounding ignorance.

We were wound up for 12 million you choose to ignore that fact as your more interested in following the Tims side of events.

I haven’t once asked to spend 10s of millions just what’s been promised reinvest sales in the playing squad.

We bought no one so how are they doing their job we haven’t had a proper RW since Candieas.
If the club is running at say a £10m deficit and we sell a player for £10m then that money will cover the shortfall. If its used to buy players then we will run out of money to the tune of £10m.

The only way to cover that is to get more investment in the form of loans, which means we are further in debt. Nobody wants us to go back down the road of Murray. We need to start to live within our means.

You live in a fantasy world where you are pushing the agenda that the board are taking all the ones we have and either storing it or actually stealing it. I propose the correct reason is the money we bring in is used orrectly to pay our wages upkeep and service debts etc.

If the club is running at say a £10m deficit and we sell a player for £10m then that money will cover the shortfall. If its used to buy players then we will run out of money to the tune of £10m.

The only way to cover that is to get more investment in the form of loans, which means we are further in debt. Nobody wants us to go back down the road of Murray. We need to start to live within our means.

You live in a fantasy world where you are pushing the agenda that the board are taking all the ones we have and either storing it or actually stealing it. I propose the correct reason is the money we bring in is used orrectly to pay our wages upkeep and service debts etc.
If that’s the case then the board shouldn’t tell us we’re nearly self sufficient and player sales will be reinvested.

That’s come out more than one members mouth.

In the mean time we have chucked away champions league qualification last season and automatic this season at least 40 million but maybe i am making this up in my head.

The board stated player sales would be reinvested in the team. £8m for Patterson is where exactly?
It’s not my place to suggest ownership that’s why you appoint a merchant bank to find one. You set guideline’s (like Chelsea) and see what happens.
However I’d be happy with a statement explaining to shareholders exactly what the hell is happening.
Last sentence spot on

We bought no one so how are they doing their job we haven’t had a proper RW since Candieas.
You haven’t answered a question I asked a few pages back, so I’ll ask again, in case you missed it. Our high net worth fans have put in over 40 million in the last 2 years. We didn’t have a credit facility that would allow us, even if we wanted, to buy someone. How would you have funded these transfers? In the last 2 years we have won 2 trophies and got to a European final.

How would you fund these signings?

I did not say that monies from player sales would be reinvested in the team. From memory that was Wilson and Robertson. So if you think that’s not an issue fair enough.
As for how much I’ve put in probably the same as most season ticket holders. FYI if I were a multi millionaire I wouldn’t be buying or investing in a football team unless maybe an EPL team. You know the old joke “what’s the quickest way to become a millionaire ?” Buy a football club as a billionaire! However the current owners chose to buy us that brings expectation and cost.

If that’s the case then the board shouldn’t tell us we’re nearly self sufficient and player sales will be reinvested.

That’s come out more than one members mouth.

In the mean time we have chucked away champions league qualification last season and automatic this season at least 40 million but maybe i am making this up in my head.
We never chucked it away. We didn't qualify. We also didn't want the league. However we have a chance to still make it into the groups.

What is it you cannot grasp. We HAD to pay back King which then took £5m from our resources. Due to what happened with the pandemic we were also requiring £7m in extra funding. After investors covered that we got the Gerrard money and also the £9m upfront for Patterson. What you nor I know is whether there were any clauses in the loans to pay them back if we sold any players. We also don't know how much we have had to pay Sports Direct.

So you hanging onto a statement that any players sales will be reinvested would only ever happen if the money brought in actually leaves us in a healthy profit. That is common sense and you are being quite simply stupid if you cannot accept that.

You haven’t answered a question I asked a few pages back, so I’ll ask again, in case you missed it. Our high net worth fans have put in over 40 million in the last 2 years. We didn’t have a credit facility that would allow us, even if we wanted, to buy someone. How would you have funded these transfers? In the last 2 years we have won 2 trophies and got to a European final.

He won't answer mate. He just believes the board should spend all the money in the bank on players and at the end of the season when we can't pay wages or keep the lights on the Investors should use their debit cards to cover everything.

I agree about investing in your business but football is entirely different, there are no guarantees that it would work out and after our recent history, I think anyone that thinks it through would say we need to be cautious
I would love to see us go out and buy 4 or 5 multi-million pound players, but at the present time there is no chance that will happen
To be fair to the Board they have spent millions on upgrading parts of the Stadium and training centre, I think we need to be a bit more patient
We will get there
I always think there is a significant difference between investing in a business and the speculate to accumulate theory of growth. Speculation by its very nature is a punt and not a solid business reason to spending millions of pounds of other peoples money.

Recent Boards have all shown a willingness to invest significant sums of money, some of it capex with no obvious income return. They, as Dave King said, accelerated investment in the squad either through purchase or improved wages and this bore fruit but was not sustainable. There was a hole in the cashflow at the start of last season that they filled from their own pockets. This allowed retention of players who had, at the time, two years left on their contracts. However all of this would appear to be parsimonious in some eyes.

From a financial perspective I believe we are still in recovery stage. We have no reserves and a punt on a unbalanced budget would potentially require to be funded again by Investment from Directors even if only from a cashflow perspective if successful. Since we got rid of the Spivs successive Boards have taken measured steps along the recovery road without pledging our assets as security for borrowed money. I’m not suggesting they are perfect or beyond reproach and haven’t made mistakes but they do deserve a measure of respect and thanks.

We will get there, and more importantly from a solid base that allows us to really drive forward and that is what is really important rather than building a castle on pillars of sand.

There hasn't been much information coming from the board for the last few months which is worrying.
Do the fans not deserve to be informed of what is happening?

Would have used some of the Patterson money in January for a start and maybe have retained the league.

I did not say that monies from player sales would be reinvested in the team. From memory that was Wilson and Robertson. So if you think that’s not an issue fair enough.
As for how much I’ve put in probably the same as most season ticket holders. FYI if I were a multi millionaire I wouldn’t be buying or investing in a football team unless maybe an EPL team. You know the old joke “what’s the quickest way to become a millionaire ?” Buy a football club as a billionaire! However the current owners chose to buy us that brings expectation and cost.
When did Wilson and Robertson say that money from player sales would be reinvested in the team?

So the club should come out and tell the world that all money from player sales will be invested in new players? Agents would love that as they would then know exactly how much we had available There are good business reasons for keeping such details quiet but I suspect a lot of people in this thread have no experience in running a business
No.

Read whats bees said.

Appreciate the genuine reply. I’m not massively clued up on what’s going on and was just expressing a feeling about the situation. It was meant as a light-hearted discussion about general feelings towards both DK and DP and their performances at the held in comparison.

A valid thing to talk about in my opinion. I reckon I’d have to do a better job than Boris Johnson to talk my way out of it but I’m happy to call it there. Clearly there’s plenty of support for how things are being run right now and that’s fair enough.
Well I hope the thread has helped clarify it for you OP.

Many of.. Sorry.. The majority of the support are with & behind the board, & with good reason.

What you read on FF is not necessarily always the view of the wider fanbase. Although at times you could be forgiven for thinking so when some bang on about whatever it is they have taken issue over.. again.. & again.. &..

We've got good guys at the helm, a good squad, that will get a wee refresh I have no doubt about.

For those that can't appreciate where we are.. you just need to master one of the things I've not quite managed yet..

Ignore.

No, that’s the part you’re not getting. The Patterson money is needed for running costs. There is NO SURPLUS.
You ask the directors and Robertson why they said different then?

So they deliberately lied to us when they said we were covered to the end of the season and we would then break even that was before a UEFA cup final and selling Patterson plus all Gerrards compo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back