Dave king no longer a director?

Yeah, based on what he said at the AGM I expected he would be staying on after standing down as Chairman and posted as much last week. Sadly, I was wrong.

My understanding was that he would remain on the board of the company that owns the retail arm in order to continue to lead the fight against Fatso.
It will be bad news if he is not involved with that fight.

My understanding was that he would remain on the board of the company that owns the retail arm in order to continue to lead the fight against Fatso.

The document in the OP relates to RIFC mate. My - that was a quick edit.:)

Perhaps his cold shouldering by the business community meant he had to step down as a director to allow the club to move on with further investment etc. If so, what a tremendous sacrifice he made for the club.

Wonder if he can take on legal challenges with the SPFL as a shareholder but not as a director of the company so can't be brought to task?

King specifically said at the November AGM that he was standing down from the Board once various structure issues were implemented. He also said that he thought it would take about 4 months. That's almost exactly what happened and he stood down around 4 months later.

mentally challengeds will make.up any old shite no matter what he does,they cant second guess him, and i could never see him doing anything detrimental to Rangers

I seem to remember him saying that.

Now that he is no longer on the board, he is now free to say what he likes, without risk of the football club being sanctioned.
Things could get lively. :cool:

Whatever the reason, it’ll have been done with the best interests of the club in mind.
Agree with this completely. The man saved us from god only knows how many years of mediocrity at best. He's done pretty much exactly what he said he was going to do. He will always have our very best wishes and heartfelt thanks whatever he does

Maybe he’s stepping down so Ashley fucks off ,it was definetly personal between them.

Maybe he’s stepping down so Ashley fucks off ,it was definetly personal between them.
if you read further up, you will see he is still the sole director of Rangers Retail Ltd so still fighting the good fight by the looks of it.

Does nobody actually watch and listen to the agm’s and his interviews?

He said he would stand down, remain a significant shareholder however would remain as director on the retail side until Ashley was finished.

King and only king stood forward and put his head up to be cut off by Ashley. He manoeuvred himself as the focal point, it allowed others like Park and other investors not to be put up for attacks daily by the rebel/Jackson and the cronies. He has been the shield to allow us to progress.

And still people our own support don’t fucking get this? Is it stupidity? Wilful ignorance or just basic fuckwittery. Look above at this thread and bangers going on about him moving because of fallouts.

Apologies for harshness but c’mon to %^*&.

Splitting hairs SPFL, are the ruling body, for our League.

I think the terminology UEFA use is ‘governing body’. I might be wrong but that’s my recollection.

Either way, we took on the SFA before. And won. With no repercussions from UEFA that I can recall.

King has done what he said he would do. He is still a shareholder and a director of the retail side. But no doubt the mentally challenged lickspittle media will try and manufacture a negative slant on this.

I think the terminology UEFA use is ‘governing body’. I might be wrong but that’s my recollection.

Either way, we took on the SFA before. And won. With no repercussions from UEFA that I can recall.

I remember a few years back, there was some curfufill and it’s written into the SPFL constitution that you can be tossed out if you sue your own governing body. In other words these bent shots have us over a barrel, although I like the thought possibly a shareholder may be able?

Does nobody actually watch and listen to the agm’s and his interviews?

He said he would stand down, remain a significant shareholder however would remain as director on the retail side until Ashley was finished.

King and only king stood forward and put his head up to be cut off by Ashley. He manoeuvred himself as the focal point, it allowed others like Park and other investors not to be put up for attacks daily by the rebel/Jackson and the cronies. He has been the shield to allow us to progress.

And still people our own support don’t fucking get this? Is it stupidity? Wilful ignorance or just basic fuckwittery. Look above at this thread and bangers going on about him moving because of fallouts.

Apologies for harshness but c’mon to %^*&.
Or they could support another team, just saying like.

He said he was standing down as chairman and from the board
He also said he’d remain on the board of RR Ltd.

This isn’t shock new news.

Back