Dave King on EGM result

A key piece of the jigsaw has now been put in place. I suspect Dave and the Bears have spent more in loans than they first planned, and I am extremely grateful to every one of them for their commitment to our club.
We are the People!

There's a good chance they've spent the £30m they initially quoted.

Can someone show the percentages of ownership?

I am very thankful and supportive to the current regime but I do like the fans holding 25%.

As someone who has zero education or background in business, I want to ask a genuine question. The Club has recently been funded by loans on the condition it would be converted to equity which it now has leaving the Club debt free, but what happens going forward? We are still incurring losses on a yearly basis, will any further loans from our benefactors have to be repaid as I’m assuming we can’t just keep diluting the shareholding.

Ok so this appears to be good news and i'm grateful for King and others for getting control and nullifying the rats who were trying to ruin us BUT I won't be kissing their arses and lauding them as heros until they preside over the club achieving 55.
Hopefully it will be this season.

Does anyone think we are any closer to being able to trade Rangers shares on the AIM? I'd love to be able to buy shares. That step would, in my opinion, continue the normalisation process.

As someone who has zero education or background in business, I want to ask a genuine question. The Club has recently been funded by loans on the condition it would be converted to equity which it now has leaving the Club debt free, but what happens going forward? We are still incurring losses on a yearly basis, will any further loans from our benefactors have to be repaid as I’m assuming we can’t just keep diluting the shareholding.

We can have further share issues offering current shareholders the opportunity to maintain their shareholding. By achieving European football the reliance on soft loans will be significantly reduced. With improvements on the football side we are also likely to start seeing player trading as a method of funding the club.

On a side note, had an interesting conversation with someone connected to Douglas Park last week. He explained that no matter what Douglas Park gets involved in, he has to come out on top. He’s a ruthless winner who, when he sets his mind to it, won’t stop until he has got what he wants. What he wants is to return Rangers to being the top club in Scotland along with other like minded individuals. The desire of those in charge to restore our club to where it belongs is as strong as it could ever be. Park is apparently very much a driving force (excuse the pun) behind where we are and where we are going.

Can someone show the percentages of ownership?

I am very thankful and supportive to the current regime but I do like the fans holding 25%.
On the official Rangers site it still has tbe old numbers and percentages but I'm sure this will be updated shortly.

Fwiw it says that...
Rangers has an issued share capital of 144,625,338 ordinary shares
at the moment with a breakdown of ownership numbers and percentages underneath. Bear in mind that they've just created an extra 70 Million, assuming that's just for King and the 3 Bears?

Sorry I can't cut and paste or send a link on my phone but if you Google how many shares in Rangers and get your calculator out you might do better than me mate! ;)

Ps irrespective of the exact number details, this is great news and means the vast majority of the shares are now held by fellow Bears rich and well not so well off like you and me, with the spivs diluted into insignificance! :))

Its outstanding what King, Park and the rest of the team have done for our collective club. I just wish they had an operational board who excelled.

From the share issue document and other publically available information, I calculate DK and T3B have invested c£25m but if you add in Barry Scott, John Bennett and Julian Wolhardt it rises to £33m.
That’s even better, if they have achieved their goal, turning the loans into shares and being the main shareholders, without exceeding their original budget plans ( Dave & T3B), that’s exceptional!

The scum and their mhedia place-men have been whittering on about our “debt” for ages. Suggesting we’d learned nothing from our over spending days of old (a definition which I don’t accept at all) and we’re piling up new debts unsustainably.

King and co repeatedly reminded all of them that this “debt” was in fact soft loans that would be converted to shares after a GM vote allowed it. That’s now happened. So, £14m of “debt” now gone. STFU Timmy mhedia. LOL.

Anyway, we’ll still no doubt have some small operational credit facilities ongoing that all clubs run, which no doubt mentally challenged accountant fan type (or season ticket holder as they're known) will pounce on to claim King is lying about being “debt free”, but broadly that is now the case.
You notice that none of these same media cnuts (that I've read/heard yet anyway) can actually bring themselves to mention the truth either, that we are in fact 'debt free' after you so rightly pointed out how they've been deliberately maliciously misinterpreted the situation for so long. Hypocricy in action. How many journalists do you think will now praise King and the three bears and acknowledge the job he's done saving and rebuilding the club? Yeah, your guess will be very close to mine, virtually none in the whole country. No doubt instead the negative spin will commence. Bait box Scottish media is what they are. Full of filthy maggots and worms squirming all over each other. For starters, we await Jackson's opinion vindictive piece with baited (pardon the pun) breath.

But but but
Admin 537463 was supposed to be happening, zombies, ranjurs are deid, 100 in a row....

Can’t wait for the sweet sweet gypsy tears when we win 55

great news both on the debt front and on the % that real Rangers fans now actually own and control. Only negative for me is the reduction in C1872 % but I assume we can work on that again

Don’t want to overstate what they have achieved but without these good men with their focus and drive to save Rangers Football Club things would most likely look a lot different today. Thank you David King Sir, thank you from the bottom of my heart to the three bears and everyone involved who worked so hard to get us here.

It doesn't even bear thinking about where our club would be without the intervention of King and others.

We had our assets secured to Ashley loans which we were never going to be in a position to pay back. Make no mistake we were in a one way journey straight towards the rocks and there would have been a fast tracked prepacked administration with Ashley gaining everything worth having. Look how difficult it has been to try and get our merchandise back never mind if he got his filthy hands on everything else.

Its absolutely brilliant to be reading opinions of our fans about forthcoming signings as opposed to off the pitch shenanigans.

Theres not enough for me which can be put in writing to show gratitude for what King and the rest have done. I'm just delighted the good guys managed to get themselves into the boardroom and ousted the spivs in the process.
Here here.

Great post bear.

It doesn't even bear thinking about where our club would be without the intervention of King and others.

We had our assets secured to Ashley loans which we were never going to be in a position to pay back. Make no mistake we were in a one way journey straight towards the rocks and there would have been a fast tracked prepacked administration with Ashley gaining everything worth having. Look how difficult it has been to try and get our merchandise back never mind if he got his filthy hands on everything else.

Its absolutely brilliant to be reading opinions of our fans about forthcoming signings as opposed to off the pitch shenanigans.

Theres not enough for me which can be put in writing to show gratitude for what King and the rest have done. I'm just delighted the good guys managed to get themselves into the boardroom and ousted the spivs in the process.

This should never be forgotten. The Spivs had their grubby paws on every revenue stream and the Club was closer than most would ever believe to Lights Out !!

We should forever remain cautious and vigilant with regards to protecting our Club, but I feel King and his team deserve a lot of credit. Yes, there have been some mistakes, but on the whole, we are going in the right direction.

I'm sure they are saying rangers man at start

Na its Arsene Wenger mate. Then they do a wee bit about Wanyama. I dont care tho, belting tune. Always whip the breeks aff when I hear it, it's like I've been hypnotised or something.

This is the vital point for me. When King first came in he basically said he'd rebuild the club and tide it over until European football gave us a stable income. Since then it's become clear that, unless we get a real coefficient boost, actually making it into the group stages of the Euros is no easy task, and certainly isn't something we can bank on every year. The reality is we have to view European cash as a bonus and not build our finances around it.

At some point King is going to drastically reduce how much he's putting in. Hopefully the combination of season ticket money, kit and sponsorship deals, advertising, merchandise sales, "small" investments (like the semi-regular fundraising of Club 1872) and player sale profits all combine to make the club fully and continuously viable. Becoming self-sustainable must be the number one priority. I wouldn't survive a repeat of 2012.

Back