Dave King. Over to you.

That's exactly why we need someone in now, capable of organising a team to win games in this league, here and now in 2017, not someone who done it 10 plus years ago, not some fancy up and coming dude with potential.

Either someone doing it here and now, like McInnes, or someone with experience managing a big club, our own Brendan Rodgers, without the obvious character flaws if possible.

Someone who can get us every possible point up to the transfer window, and someone who can shop wisely to get us that European place and hopefully get us pushing towards the group stages giving himself a chance at some more funds and better players.

Where would we get the money for a Rodgers type appointment ? Hes the highest paid manager in Scottish football history. Hes on around £2.5 million a year

We need a manager on Monday or we may well struggle to get a European place at this point.

Yup also totally agree. Had forgotten sheep were midweek so I had originally thought it needs to be before next weekend for the appointment. Also another certain embarrasment v the bheasts isn't too far in the future if the new man isn't brought in sooner rather than later.

Also agree I hope it's not McLeish. He doesn't even sound 100% these days. Needs to be a hard b4st4rd who takes no crap off our own players or our rivals, and who also has a reputation for being well organised but adaptable tactically. In an ideal world I'd want a 'total football philosphy' approach and was guilty of being caught up in the MW hype in that respect (and Le Guen years before). But now we are miles away from being able to try that again. Sadly I have no idea who could fit the bill of the individual I have described :confused: .

As revealed in the accounts, the directors have already put in £17m in soft loans, and Dave King has already guaranteed another £7.5m to keep the lights on, until the end of next season. Season Ticket money pays the wage bill and some of the running costs. Our only other revenue stream is merchandising, and that isn't going to finance a major rebuild. In short, there is no money.

So we are getting towards the guts of what HMRC were owed several years ago with 4 in a row on the horizon, some real quality players in our squad plus guaranteed UEFA seeding.

If you didnt use your money then why on earth would you now.

Those doing it deserve credit.

But they desperately need to get something right on the footballing side.

I remember we used to light fires behind the goal at the Copeland end, and that was before Xmas, I don't
see that being the case now to many blue seats for sure.

After tonight's latest shambles a lot of supporters are shouting the odds aimed at the current regime . The current board of directors want success just us we the fans demand it! We as fans need to realise there's is no magic wand and certainly no funds to change this issue. My concern is why the club don't open to supporters paying money into club through imaginative investment schemes!

You can try sugar coat it all you want, the board have failed us and not for the first time either. Call me a “pantie wetter” or a “front bum” if you wish.

Can we ask for half our money back? I have a ST, despite living in Australia. Are we able to ask this board for half my money back given the fact that they had given up on the season and we are only in November?

Seems fair to me. Half my money back for half a season.

Half a season of shite mind you.

The problem with our club is we have part time board members, like king, who clearly do not trust the guy they brought in to run the club day to day. It's time they fired Robertson brought in someone they do trust and allowed them to take decisive action when it's needed. That should include appointing a new manager.

The fact we rely on a guy that lives in South Africa and who is never here highlights our problem.

After tonight's latest shambles a lot of supporters are shouting the odds aimed at the current regime . The current board of directors want success just us we the fans demand it! We as fans need to realise there's is no magic wand and certainly no funds to change this issue. My concern is why the club don't open to supporters paying money into club through imaginative investment schemes!
The lack of information is frustrating the support

They allowed the rumours about McInnes to run for three weeks before telling us interviews hadn't even started

Some are saying Dave King should do this do that.It might be the case that DK is one of the ones that is stalling and is reluctant to put in more can in.

Where would we get the money for a Rodgers type appointment ? Hes the highest paid manager in Scottish football history. Hes on around £2.5 million a year
We wouldn't, I wouldn't have thought.
So right there.
McInnes is the best man we can get.
So get him in, now.

Why do these titles always get aimed at just king is he alone on the board.
Because the board he put in place have failed the fans on the football side of things, badly.
So it's up to him to put it right.

Some are saying Dave King should do this do that.It might be the case that DK is one of the ones that is stalling and is reluctant to put in more can in.

Then in that case, more than any other everything above rings even more true.
He needs to sort it, and if he has taken us as far as he can or is willing to its time for him to move over and let someone else in.

And before you start with the usual, there is no one else willing to put money in.
As true as that may be, if DK isn't willing to put more in then the only difference that makes is that we'll have someone at Ibrox on a daily basis who can work exclusively on other ways to take this club forward.

Last edited:
This team won't qualify for Europe.

This team definitely won't progress and in fact we will become the fodder near the bottom of the league at this rate. I felt some sympathy for Murty last night ,however Miller, Windass, Herrera, Holt let him down, Tavernier couldn't pass a cold with the ball too many failed and gave up when they were capable of easily winning last night.
We suffered again from a lack of belief, lack of dig any kind of fight, no leader on the park driving the game in the midfield and pressing attack. Instead we allow the poor opposition to gain confidence and press us while no player tries to stop them with a tackle before they get near our danger area.
For me, Ryan Jack was doing the work of three players putting out fires all over the place, what was Miller supposed to be doing? Holt was continually brushed off and out thought..
We would have been better with Bates and Baljonas on they don't have the nervous disease that attacks our players. Simply not good enough.
Now McInness looks as though he is able to take the moral high ground by(not taking the Rangers job) my future lies at Aberdeen, because by indecision we are allowing others to make the headlines. Personally I would have kept Pedro, who saw Miller for what he is, Pedro lost the plot at Killie, same scenario as last night by the players, but at least he was the manager there until we replaced him, not a stand in that the players don't respect because he is temporary.
C'mon Dave, enough is enough.

If the talk of King wanting McInnes but taking on board the thoughts of the DoF and other board members, I'd personally be delighted if he was on the phone to Robertson right now telling him enough is enough, the foot is going down and we want McInnes at Auhenhowie on Monday with a contract signed.

If King doesn't want MInnes then we better find someone, and someone of quality, not a Big Eck type appointment either.

We need a manager on Monday or we may well struggle to get a European place at this point.

There is absolutely no chance of McInnes being appointed now although it could happen down the line with a different board of directors.

Why should he take the Rangers job now going into the 5th or is it 6th week? It's so long now I'm losing track.......a position that has been filled by legends like Struth, Symon, Waddell, Wallace, Souness, and Smith but this board are devaluing the job.

They are (and this is the big problem that they have) taking the supporters for granted and that is a huge, huge, huge mistake.

I'm utterly gutted after last night.

But I remain positive that, in my mind at least, we seem to be taking our time for a reason - be that due diligence or that we're aiming high and trying to secure something of a coup appointment.

I'm glad there's a chance we might not be dropping our standards after a couple horrific appointments, rushing in under perceived fan pressure and settling for a man in DM who has no track record of real success and might only get us second place consistently.

It cannot be stressed how massive this next appointment is - get the wrong man in, set the standards too low and we can quote Bill Struth all we want - but his legacy will be gone.

For all the backers Pedro had, all the splits in board rooms, and all the people who have a decision ahead of King, it must be one hell of a coincidence that King came over, was in meetings with Miller, Wallace and Pedro and then Pedro was shown the door, all in the few days King was here.
No coincidence, the majority of the board obviously finally agreed with King that Pedro should go.

We have a large board of Directors who are Rangers fans just like us and there will be differences in opinion amongst them same as on here.

Some like me would've had their doubts about Pedro from day one, or after the 5-1 game; some will have wanted rid of him after the Progres humiliation and others would believe that he needed more time. Eventually though everyone or at least the vast majority agreed that his time was up.

The fact that we haven't got another Manager after all this time shows that there are major differences of opinion amongst the decision makers, or it would've been done and dusted by now.

Remember King only owns 15% of the club not 51% and so if he wants his way he needs to persuade others to agree with him. They all want what is best for Rangers and so with no majority in favour of any one candidate we have this long drawn out interview process.

Very frustrating for everyone! But unless King hoovers up another 36% of the shares or reaches agreement with other significant shareholders then he can't just do whatever he wants, thats the problem... we have no real leadership off the park or on it and until thats sorted we remain in limbo.

King doesn't have the power to implement his own personal agenda, we are being run by committee effectively so it will be another vote to decide who gets the job but I have seen enough of this group of players to know that no matter how good the credentials of the next manager he will surely decide at least half a dozen are surplus to requirements.

No coincidence, the majority of the board obviously finally agreed with King that Pedro should go.

You could have stopped there mate.
Surely and Rangers fan on the board now "finally agrees" this shambles with appointing a manager needs to end NOW!

So he can come in and sort it again.

For what it's worth, he is the chairman, no matter what you think, 15% or 51%, he can do what he likes.
And if anyone doesn't like it then they have an AGM to change that.

I don't see a clamour for a new chairman at the AGM, so he can do what he likes, and the first thing should be reading the riot act to the MD and DoF and whatever non-exec is overseeing things day to day.

Surely and Rangers fan on the board now "finally agrees" this shambles with appointing a manager needs to end NOW!

For what it's worth, he is the chairman, no matter what you think, 15% or 51%, he can do what he likes.

I don't see a clamour for a new chairman at the AGM, so he can do what he likes, and the first thing should be reading the riot act to the MD and DoF and whatever non-exec is overseeing things day to day.
Why hasn't he acted yet then?

Why hasn't he acted yet then?

Surely it's easier to work with the rest than have to manage them daily from SA?
But as we seen with the Pedro fiasco, there came a time that enough was enough.

Lets hope it's because he gave them enough rope to pull themselves to the top and prove they can do what liewell does day to day without him needing to fly over to sort things out.
Hopefully he will see they are flapping away with the rope tightening round their neck this morning and fix it.
The next few days will tell.

I’ll be spewing if we appoint a readily available / out of work manager (Eck or whoever) after such a long delay!!!

I’ll also be disappointed if - after so long - we end up going with mciness!

I’m hoping the eventual appointment will be worth the wait.

He shouldn't be reading the riot act to the MD he should be sacking him for being an absolute waste of time.

To those who say McInnes is not the answer Id say he has as good an understanding of whsts required and the expectations of the fans. He understands the scottish game and with our resources he can move us forward. There is no quick fix here and those clamouring for big name mansger foreign or otherwise are dreaming. Mccoist made an arse of rebuilding in the lower leagues favouring his mates and making no attempt to begin the process of renewal. Warburton moved us forward and did start to develop things but was unwilling to adapt, he made a real mess of transfer window on return to the top league and ultimately failed . Mcinnes will improve us bring structure and stability to the side. Can he topple brenda ? Who knows but he will get us closer to mouning a serious challenge. This is a long term project to get the club back to the top and it will take time and far better planning than we have seen so far.

Back