Dave King press conference this Monday

While I'm not panicking about today's announcement, let's get serious for a minute. That aint happening.
As I said i have no doubt... it is my belief.....and not yet fact! You do have doubt in that belief but you can’t also stipulate that as fact either!

Football is all about opinions as they say WATP!!!

Anyone else think that today’s infospeak was merely to pay lip service to the media and flush out a few naysayers since Mr. Gerrard signed ?

He dealt with the questions asked without giving too much away. Loans to equity is fair enough and will satisfy the majority of people. The point most haven’t picked up on was that the players required have yet to be set in stone and funds will be made available.

Until the issue of the compulsory offer has ended, it would be folly to announce anything to do with fresh external funding.

There is a plan, we just don’t know what it is yet.

Let’s Go !!!!

Is that just your take on it, or do you have something to suggest that it will be say £16m or thereabouts.

Actually, there is further clarity on this in a later Telegraph article and I was on the money with my guesstimate.

King has plans for a rights issue, perhaps next month. “We'll be looking at just over £16m. Right now, it's £6m and £10 in loans but we might go £8m and £8m,” he said. “We've not yet made our final decision but it won't be less than £6m new cash.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ts-end-celtics-reign-steven-gerrard-takeover/

there is no way gerrard would've even looked at us if he had'nt been guarenteed sufficiant dosh to do his job. all the moaners on this fkn thread will moan no matter.lets just get behind the new manager. onwards and upwards people.no surrender.

I thought that as well but there was one comment that StevieG made during the club interview that made the alarm bells ring for me…

He said that when he was approached by Mark Allen and the club…he immediately was very interested and wanted to discuss much further and more in detail.

All good and dandy……but did he possibly for the sake of arguement …show his hand too early to our board?

In other words… did he agree because he so wanted this job without getting the assurances needed about finance etc……to challenge the Bog Trotters in the coming seasons?

Let’s face it……if this season has proved anything it is that this squad is not good enough and needs a complete overhaul!

Complete!!

Could it be that StevieG believes more in his own ability and believes he and his team can work miracles with the majority of this squad?

Dave King’s statement today on that there is no new outside investment coming in …in the near future is obviously not a surprise to StevieG so the obvious conclusion would be he still thinks with a number of decent additions …he can challenge ‘them’
for the league next season?

Granted we don’t know yet how much StevieG will have to spend but realistically is it going to be enough to stop ‘them’?

By the way in last weeks there was Red Bull investment and Japanese investment and Middle Eastern investment and AJ also had an American waiting in the wings………with bags of cash………seriously where does this shtt come from??

How I long for the halcyon days before social media.

When the magnificent bastard came to Ibrox we knew nothing then BOOM!

We knew nothing of the budget he had then BOOM Terry Butcher etc...

I went to work, came home, had my dinner perhaps a wee trip to the boozer for a "pint" then back home for a bit of horizontal dancing and a restful nights sleep.

Dave King doesn't comment on how we do our job, leave him and the others to do theirs.

Life's too short.

Here endeth todays philosophy lecture.

hashtagletsgo

PS if anyone knows where the hashtag symbol on a MacBook is please let me know.
#Alt3

Back