Dave King Sky Sports interview

Bonnyloyal

Excellent interview. Some great quotes.

I phoned Tav this morning to thank him for everything he has done for the club as captain.
I told him he knew more than any of the other players what this means

But until the EGM where myself, Paul and John Gilligan were able to get into Argyle House and Ibrox and actually understanding the level of dereliction - it was at levels I never dreamed of.

I never dreamed there would be a stadium that nearly breached health and safety standards

for example, Rangers managers wear jackets and ties - that is who we are and he replied, "Oh really, I can't wear my tracksuit?" and I said, "I'm not saying you can't but I'm just telling you the tradition of the club". So he said, "Ok, I will be traditional".

That is what I hope happens, I am really hoping Celtic respond and we respond again and beat them.

My one regret this year is Celtic's poor performance in Europe because if they had just done a little bit better than our co-efficient would be good enough already for us to have automatic qualification to the Champions League. [:))]

Dave King, what a legend.

Running out of words that adequately express how much respect and admiration I have for King. Also think it’s fantastic that King told Gerrard he wasn’t barred from wearing a tracksuit but Gerrard went with the suit and tie anyway to keep the tradition, just love it.

Best part for me (despite the spelling mistake)

4cbd8b253cfdc7ab313af103b0866249.png

Running out of words that adequately express how much respect and admiration I have for King. Also think it’s fantastic that King told Gerrard he wasn’t barred from wearing a tracksuit but Gerrard went with the suit and tie anyway to keep the tradition, just love it.
Think i mind an interview when he joined that he mentioned that he would prefer to wear a trackie.

Think the suites and jackets have grown on him now though lol

Regardless of whether he sells his shares or not, I am 100% convinced King is still the powerbroker at Rangers. It just sucks the South African government are being so obtuse with businesses and business leaders such as King. I hope he can spend the next decade getting everything sorted, hopefully relocate certain aspects of his business outside SA.

Loved his boot in the stones for the mhanks about the co-efficient
Unlike some of the nonsense that has came from them in the past, the fact is that if they weren’t so bad we would already be ina position to automatically qualify and the second team I think would be up one qualification round.

The full hour and a half podcast with James Taylor is excellent. Well worth listening to it all..

History might not accurately convey what Dave King has done for our club.. History talks about the teams, the players, the managers...

I do though hope with Dave King it does, and that it stands the test of time.

A true Rangers Man.

A true Rangers Legend.

Will forever be thankful to a man who felt like the rest of us, but had the money to change it.. And not only did he do it, he did it with a determination & satisfaction that was end to absolute none.

Would be a travesty if somehow, in some way, he isn't recognised properly.

Great article.

I thought this quote below was a terrific sleight on their supporters, the worth of their in-a-rows and a good encapsulation of one of the major differences between us and them.

"if Celtic had got a 10th it would have been an irritation but the most important thing for me was that we got to the end of this project."

Whilst they'd obsess with more lording it over us and wanting all the love from everyone else, we'd just get on with business, knowing its real worth.

Appreciate some might see it different though.

I think he is the greatest Ranger of my time . The reason I make such an apparently outwe were almost without Hope he rescued us . It was with resources and a burning loyalty to the now and to our past with the future being our focus .
The brilliance of it was the modernisation program, the aspiration , the vision and the total commitment to detail .

In short , our modern day William Struth .

We owe that man such a debt of gratitude.

I've reinforced this with my son's and asked them to pass this knowledge on to their kids.

Both Dave King and Stevie Gerrard.

6 years to the day ! Great payback for him. Deserves all the thanks . Thank god he didn’t get his way and sign mcinnes though! But his support of gerrard has been amazing - his desire to give the club back to the fans seems legitimate too - one of the legends associated with our club and one of the gallant pioneers for this new beginning

Right at the end DK makes a very good point. The Liverpool job will be there for SG whenever he wants it. He’s better off learning how to build on a win, and get more. If he can get us into the CL groups that’s yet more learning.

I don’t think SG does what he has over the last three years and just heads off after winning the first thing.

The mhedia can forget their dreams.

Back