Dave King Statement

Scrubs UK

D0AEQplX0AAJwBG.jpg

Dave, you've missed a bit at the bottom which should have said "I would hope that focus is placed on all of these issues in Scottish football, as well as Scottish society as a whole, and we can truly hope to eradicate any issues when everyone wants to have a look at the entire spectrum of offences caused"

Last edited:
Should have said "across Scottish Football and which our own manager is regularly subjected to" rather than 'in Scottish Football".

Sorry but he can GTF with this pandering pish.

He’s remained quiet when our players have been wrongly singled out by the SFA for bannings.

He remained quiet when Collum and Madden both lied about what they claimed to see or not see when our players have been banned.

He remained quiet when our manager got called a sad orange bastard at the piggery.

This building bridges and pandering pish just won’t do.

Shows just how out of touch our chairman really is with the fans.

Hasn’t taken him long to morph into Sir Duped with that statement

Its missing a couple of paragraphs at the end pointing to the greater problem, both in football and society as a whole.

wrong thread
No it isnt
He says we are doing all we can at our club but by highlighting the overall problem in Scotland is making sure everyone knows it’s not just us.
What was he meant to say
Fick you Stevie you are a 19th Century Terrorist Rat, offcourse not
The guys that chanted this scored an own goal and pretty much backed the club into a corner.

It's obviously a strong statement and what it does is highlight the silence from shame fc re similar issues and incidents but when will savile fc be challenged on their fans bigotry or is it so deeply integrated in to their very being that it has just became accepted?

Last edited:

He’s remained quiet when our players have been wrongly singled out by the SFA for bannings.

He remained quiet when Collum and Madden both lied about what they claimed to see or not see when our players have been banned.

He remained quiet when our manager got called a sad orange bastard at the piggery.

This, all day long.

think some of you are missing the narrative being set by us, yes it would be nice to come out and call it like we see it but he would have been ridiculed and lambasted.

this infact is better as it says "we are dealing with it"
what have they done?
i think Mr King is trying to highlight the one sidedness and will use it in future...watch this space

No he's not.
He is a very clever man who thinks 5 steps ahead

we can truly hope to eradicate any issues when everyone wants to have a look at the entire spectrum of offences caused"

That's it right there - calling out all forms of offences and not just the selective ones that managers with drink problems and the press seek to highlight.

Very good statement although Jim White missed out the last paragraphs from his tweet for some reason. Surely a mistake.

No it isnt
He says we are doing all we can at our club but by highlighting the overall problem in Scotland is making sure everyone knows it’s not just us.
What was he meant to say
Fick you Stevie you are a 19th Century Terrorist Rat, offcourse not
The guys that chanted this scored an own goal and pretty much backed the club into a corner.
Settle down. Wrong thread mate

think some of you are missing the narrative being set by us, yes it would be nice to come out and call it like we see it but he would have been ridiculed and lambasted.

this infact is better as it says "we are dealing with it"
what have they done?
i think Mr King is trying to highlight the one sidedness and will use it in future...watch this space

Watch this space where absolutely feck all will change, sectarianism has been linked by the media and everyone else to Rangers exclusively in Scotland for years.

We’ve lost the battle on that one.

So no defence of RFC employees when they are victims of sectarianism but an apology to an alky Rangers hating bastard?

History portrays very well the fate of all appeasers.DK would do well to remember that.

No he's not.
He is a very clever man who thinks 5 steps ahead
I totally agree. By apologising for the Clarke incident it gives gravitas to any future statements from King when defending players/manager/support when they/we are on the receiving end of the inevitable sectarian abuse. Rangers are on the front foot here unlike across the city where there is now an even more obvious silence.

I honestly can't see anything wrong with the statement.
We demand leaders and here we have the Chairman like our Manager leading from the front.
Action rather than inaction.

Now that we have nailed the beliefs of the club firmly to a public mast, we can possibly shift the focus to other more inactive clubs who share in the problems.

This may not happen of course but we have prepared the ground to stand firmly by ourselves.
The club have taken the lead and now the support must do what we do best, we have to follow follow.
We can do this.

Have always thought and will continue to do so that Mr King is a top guy but he has missed a great opportunity to score quite a few goals.

Good move from King. Club now absolved. Ball in Paedo FC's Court. They don't release a similar statement acknowledging their fans behaviour, we turn around and point fingers directly.
It's actually a win win for us in this. We comment, both through this statement and via Gerrard yesterday, yet silence still rings out from The Chamber of Secrets.

Their continued refusal to comment should be picked up by the media (I know, I know) but if they mention in their press conference today or release a statement we will all know they have been forced in to it by playing our hand so quickly and effectively.

I totally agree. By apologising for the Clarke incident it gives gravitas to any future statements from King when defending players/manager/support when they/we are on the receiving end of the inevitable sectarian abuse. Rangers are on the front foot here unlike across the city where there is now an even more obvious silence.

Exactly...Its not like they ever own up to anything anyway!

Good statement. I see it’s upsetting the people on here that seem to want the club to remain in denial about it so it’s done it’s job.

I’m glad we are accepting our part in this. It’s a disgrace we have a small amount of people who continue to shame our club.

Back