Dave King Statement

Correct. When we cleaned up our songbook previously nothing happened to them

That’s the main reason our old songbook got aired again due to the double standards we were seeing

Some of our fans have short memory syndrome
Some of our fans think everyone is playing to the Marquis of Queensbury rules here, it’s a war and some still thinking this is a master plan being played out by King are deluded, we’ve been here far too many times for that.

D0AEQplX0AAJwBG.jpg
%^*& off we have nothing too apoligise for...

Last edited:
Some of our fans think everyone is playing to the Marquis of Queensbury rules here, it’s a war and some still thinking this is a master plan being played out by King are deluded, we’ve been here far too many times for that.
Not sure about the King part, but your first line I've highlighted is the best thing I've read on here all week. When will people realise this is a battle we cannot win, but one we absolutely can lose.

It's obviously a strong statement and what it does is highlight the silence from shame fc re similar issues and incidents but when will savile fc be challenged on their fans bigotry or is it so deeply integrated in to their very being that it has just became accepted?

Maybe it highlights it to those that are aware of it but down south, where I am, it’ll just look like Rangers have the greatest sectarianism problem as even our Chairman has had to come out and speak about.

There’s a reason the paedos keep quiet and let this stuff blow over

King said it’s prevalent in Scottish football. That is saying it isn’t only Rangers. Its not King’s fault some people can’t read simple words and get what they mean without it needing spelt out.

Massive opportunity missed by King. Who on earth sanctioned that lily livered statement to be released?
Lawell and his mhob leave us standing when it comes to protecting their club. The best form of defence is attack.... King has fuekcd it up.

It’s not Dave King’s job to point out the hypocrisy of that jakeball on this occasion. Nothing wrong with his statement and it’s about all he can say. We should be rising above an absolute fud like Clark. It’s the fault of those who sang that song other night that he’s had to say that at all.

Only thing I will say is, he’d better release a statement the next time our staff and fans are abused, as regularly happens, at other grounds. I won’t hold my breath on that though.

Massive opportunity missed by King. Who on earth sanctioned that lily livered statement to be released?
Lawell and his mhob leave us standing when it comes to protecting their club. The best form of defence is attack.... King has fuekcd it up.
What would you have said? Our fans embarrassed the club and you want a statement saying “aye but they done it first”?

My initial thoughts on this were that it was the wrong thing to do, but going over it again, I think King has played this well.

Whatever the mentally challengeds do now, they will either be seen as commenting purely because we did, or worse, they say nothing and look as though are ok with their fans behaviour last week.

Maybe it highlights it to those that are aware of it but down south, where I am, it’ll just look like Rangers have the greatest sectarianism problem as even our Chairman has had to come out and speak about.

There’s a reason the paedos keep quiet and let this stuff blow over

This is very true indeed.

Have they addressed the stuff said to Boyd & (slightly OT) the damage to the seats?

We continually bring a knife to a gunfight. As much as I hate the scum you have to admit they leave us standing when it comes to PR, helped by their freinds in the media, the use of semi colon Joe to get across the more extreme stuff which is unofficially sanctioned by the scum board but because it is semi colon Joe they can deny involment. We are apologetic amateurs in comparison.

We continually bring a knife to a gunfight. As much as I hate the scum you have to admit they leave us standing when it comes to PR, helped by their freinds in the media, the use of semi colon Joe to get across the more extreme stuff which is unofficially sanctioned by the scum board but because it is semi colon Joe they can deny involment. We are apologetic amateurs in comparison.
Put a statement together then and run it past us.

Do people really want us to say we’ll stop it if they do? Maybe King doesn’t want them to stop it because he knows the damage it does. Anybody who thinks it would be clever PR to point at them is utterly clueless about PR.

I'm fine with it as long as the scum are highlighted equally. If not then fųck knows what I think.

Have always thought and will continue to do so that Mr King is a top guy but he has missed a great opportunity to score quite a few goals.
We were bang to rights this time and his apologetic statement is well worded indeed, calling it out that it is a widespread problem thus enticing the haters into debate. Not the time to come out swinging and naming the others. Not yet anyway.

We were bang to rights this time and his apologetic statement is well worded indeed, calling it out that it is a widespread problem thus enticing the haters into debate. Not the time to come out swinging and naming the others. Not yet anyway.
You're not getting it,are you?
The haters won't take part in any debate.

If Dave Kng came out with a statement saying Rangers encourage our fans to sing traditional sectarian songs, the sing it loud sing it proud brigade still wouldn't be happy, as there isn't any Whataboutery in there.

It's time some of our fans took a hard look at themselves, they are harming the club and the vast majority of our support.

If Dave Kng came out with a statement saying Rangers encourage our fans to sing traditional sectarian songs, the sing it loud sing it proud brigade still wouldn't be happy, as there isn't any Whataboutery in there.

It's time some of our fans took a hard look at themselves, they are harming the club and the vast majority of our support.
Look mate I may get a ban for saying this but %^*& off

Not keen on that at all. The horrendous racist abuse towards Morelos, sectarian abuse towards our manager and players all season long isn't worthy of a mention, but Clark, clearly in a raging frenzy about getting hammered by a team he loathes spouts something about being called a Fe#ian and all of a sudden its sorry sorry? Nah

This whole country hates us, trying to appease them isn't going to work.

I’ve been waiting all day , checking the official website , and I’ve yet to see an official statement from David King .

Then that's even better. Officially we are up for any talks or debates so if the haters ain't gonna take part then we just sit on top of that moral high ground.
We can sit on our moral high ground but the haters will still have their vile publicised.

Then that's even better. Officially we are up for any talks or debates so if the haters ain't gonna take part then we just sit on top of that moral high ground.

We’ve peen plastered all over sky sports news for 48 hours and bbc Scotland news for the same, Twitter , all forms of social media . We’ve had to release statements apologising .

But yeh let’s enjoy taking the moral high ground while all the rest of the world sees is , yet again , Glasgow Rangers - bigoted zealots .

I can’t believe any true bear is happy with what’s happened this week . We’ve been through all this , work gets put in through the founders trail , Erskine , remembrance , all kinds of charities , to restore our pride and reputation , then it gets systematically butt-fcuked again because we are , and always have been , an easy target who won’t fight back while others get away Scott free with far worse .

We can’t win this but what we can control is ourselves and it’s long past time we do so .

Sick of it .

Anybody else think the reason we are in this position today is because unionists/protestants have been backing down and giving way for the last 50 years ?

The SFA are looking meet and discuss with an SNP government who have a whole host of repulsive Irish Republican sympathisers in their ranks. And people want us to concede to this ?

We’ve peen plastered all over sky sports news for 48 hours and bbc Scotland news for the same, Twitter , all forms of social media . We’ve had to release statements apologising .

But yeh let’s enjoy taking the moral high ground while all the rest of the world sees is , yet again , Glasgow Rangers - bigoted zealots .

I can’t believe any true bear is happy with what’s happened this week . We’ve been through all this , work gets put in through the founders trail , Erskine , remembrance , all kinds of charities , to restore our pride and reputation , then it gets systematically butt-fcuked again because we are , and always have been , an easy target who won’t fight back while others get away Scott free with far worse .

We can’t win this but what we can control is ourselves and it’s long past time we do so .

Sick of it .

Correct, now that King has made his statement we are on the front foot but we need to have the next step to solve OUR issues. Celtic, I do not care about, let the Green Brigade and friends carry on with their political shit and highlight their boards reluctance to deal with it.

Rangers should invite supporters representatives, supporters clubs to Ibrox and discuss the way forward, what the club expects and how both parties implement improvements etc. The image of the club must be at the forefront, it will benefit us all.

There's little else the Club could officially say.

Combine this, though, with the manager's response and the Club 1872 and you see the Club's rounded approach and our attack.

Anybody else think the reason we are in this position today is because unionists/protestants have been backing down and giving way for the last 50 years ?

The SFA are looking meet and discuss with an SNP government who have a whole host of repulsive Irish Republican sympathisers in their ranks. And people want us to concede to this ?
Concede to what?
What does conceding and not conceding look like?

It’s only till the next time and that’s the problem.
Keep the sash and derrys walls and bin the rest.

Why keep the sash and not the rest?

Do you think a consensus of Scottish people out with Rangers would find no issue with the Sash or Derry’s Walls? Totally disagree with that. They would still have a problem.

Because unless he's playing the long game with his condemnation of a section of our support, Im seeing no mention of the avalanche of sectarian abuse suffered by numerous members of our club.

Knowing King I would hope at some point in the near future he will reference his own statement and question why exactly "other clubs" fail to address far worse instances than that witnessed on Wednesday night.

Good words from the chairmen. It could be stopped at Ibrox in 24 hours. A few words in the right ear to say we will make the standing section available on the proviso that half a dozen songs are never heard again would suffice. What must Gerrard think as a rookie manager having to answer questions about songs about F******s in 2019.

Good words from the chairmen. It could be stopped at Ibrox in 24 hours. A few words in the right ear to say we will make the standing section available on the proviso that half a dozen songs are never heard again would suffice. What must Gerrard think as a rookie manager having to answer questions about songs about F******s in 2019.
Your first part is very good,but S G is from Liverpool he knows more than most

Back