Dave King

Jimmy the Gent

Obviously he witnessed today's debacle, how will he feel apart from disappointment?

Do you think it will be business as usual for the foreseeable? Or do you think he will contemplate change?

Very difficult to try and second guess him.

The problem is Pedro is the Parks man so boardroom politics will be quite tricky if they still back him.

How much would it cost to get rid of pedro and his back room staff..then get a new manager in who might not fancy some of pedros players so we may need to pay them off if we can,t move them

It's not just Dave King's decision to make, he is part of a collective. Whatever he might or might not want means nothing if the rest of the Board don't agree.

It looks more likely that the Parks have more sway in the boardroom at present. Year end accounts and AGM soon will tell us more.

Dave King won't be panicking, even if he is concerned. Pedro won't be getting sacked yet but, if the time comes, gardening leave might be an option.

If we were to sack Pedro maybe he would forego any compensation due as a goodwill gesture seen as the club paid money to get him in.

I don't see why we wouldn't be. The board have a long-term plan to rebuild the club and are committed to supporting us financially. They have consistently delivered in that regard.

But is it in their long term plan to have to do it so soon. I'm willing to bet that none of them factored in a couple of million to get rid of the manager and his team six months into the season.

Well, he'll have heard a lot about the Pedro revolution. A revolution that cost him and the rest of the board, the fat end of £10m. Today he probably just wanted to see for himself, just how the latest work in progress was coming along.

How Pedro has marshalled his own signings into 'a team of men'.
How Pedro now has 'a team of warriors' on the park.
How the only option today, was 'to win or to win'.
How the team is 'gelling properly' and how the players are 'now getting it'.
How Pedro is 'addicted to winning' like a vampire is to blood.
How there 'was no place for cowards' on the park today.
How the team believes that they 'deserve to be in the final'.
How 'winning the cup would make up for the disappointment' of losing to them.
How the team believes that they can 'pick up silverware in November'.

Does anyone really think he liked what he saw ?

But is it in their long term plan to have to do it so soon. I'm willing to bet that none of them factored in a couple of million to get rid of the manager and his team six months into the season.

I have no idea what it would cost to get rid of him. There may be some sort of clause in there.

There's no guarantees in football though as far as selecting managers go. It will often come down to the decision of one or two individuals. You would have to be very naive to think there wasn't a chance this may not work out. It was clearly a risky appointment.

Obviously he witnessed today's debacle, how will he feel apart from disappointment?

Do you think it will be business as usual for the foreseeable? Or do you think he will contemplate change?

Very difficult to try and second guess him.
Well if it's difficult to second guess him it really shouldn't be. He is the custodian of our club and he should be seeking out who was responsible for appointing Pedro and asking exactly why he was the most qualified candidate to take Rangers forward.

Well if it's difficult to second guess him it really shouldn't be. He is the custodian of our club and he should be seeking out who was responsible for appointing Pedro and asking exactly why he was the most qualified candidate to take Rangers forward.

He is the largest shareholder and Chairman, he is only one of a number of custodians. He might think the panel that appointed Pedro made a mistake but he cannot change anything in isolation.

Judging by the look on Kings face. It seemed he was truly unhappy with what he was seeing. And before the whistled blew, he was already seen walking off with his hands in his pockets. Like he had seen enough. Maybe the next board meeting will there be talks about possibly getting rid of Pedro and who his replacement could be. All speculation. But from what I saw, he wasn't happy and rightfully so.

I have no idea what it would cost to get rid of him. There may be some sort of clause in there.

There's no guarantees in football though as far as selecting managers go. It will often come down to the decision of one or two individuals. You would have to be very naive to think there wasn't a chance this may not work out. It was clearly a risky appointment.

The frightening thing is the Manager has a team of approx seven, which will possibly be Eighth/ Ten million, this is the frightening area ifit all went wrong, so in short we’re up shitcreek!

I seriously doubt the club would put itself in a position where they would have to pay off all the contracts in full, that is assuming they bin them in the first place, it would cost millions to sack them all, surely they would have stipulations in place.

We are battling a lot more than just others teams, there is a whole establishment from the top to the bottom just intent on destroying and keeping us down, Pedro has taken on a lot more than he bargained for can any manager overcome what is happening I doubt it very much we need a lot of help Could Walter Smith or Alex Ferguson fix it maybe Fergie has contacts but it is more than just a managers role that is required to fix things up.

Pedro should never have been appointed in the first place!

The board must have realized what a massive punt it was to hire him, so presumably have a strategy to deal with his failure (as I would expect them to have that in any situation tbh). If such a contingency plan isn't in place, no matter how poorly funded it might be, then this board isn't fit for purpose.

If they lumped everything on Pedro on the basis that it was "shit or bust" then we're really f**ked.

What? That if we cant afford to sack a manager then the club is being mis managed? I thought thats standard stuff running any business that if you have a resource you need to have finance to pay them off.
So your in the know?You know all about the clubs finances.?

I don’t think you have a clue about the state of the finances.

The Directors have stated they have a long term plan which I believe they do.

I don’t think they have money to sack managers and their staff every few months or so however I believe they with have contingency plans. Will we ever get to know them though? I don’t think we will.

So your in the know?You know all about the clubs finances.?

I don’t think you have a clue about the state of the finances.

The Directors have stated they have a long term plan which I believe they do.

I don’t think they have money to sack managers and their staff every few months or so however I believe they with have contingency plans. Will we ever get to know them though? I don’t think we will.
Youre right 100%. I dont have a clue about the club finances.

I'll say it a 3rd time as i dont think you are understanding.

IF we cant afford to sack the manager, the club is being mis managed. Get it?

Well, he'll have heard a lot about the Pedro revolution. A revolution that cost him and the rest of the board, the fat end of £10m. Today he probably just wanted to see for himself, just how the latest work in progress was coming along.

How Pedro has marshalled his own signings into 'a team of men'.
How Pedro now has 'a team of warriors' on the park.
How the only option today, was 'to win or to win'.
How the team is 'gelling properly' and how the players are 'now getting it'.
How Pedro is 'addicted to winning' like a vampire is to blood.
How there 'was no place for cowards' on the park today.
How the team believes that they 'deserve to be in the final'.
How 'winning the cup would make up for the disappointment' of losing to them.
How the team believes that they can 'pick up silverware in November'.

Does anyone really think he liked what he saw ?
There is talk about a movie getting made to be called The Secret Life Of Pedro Mitty .

Back