Dave Kings Words Just More Than 2 Weeks Ago

Alfie_WATP

"Dave King: New Rangers manager will be given three-year deal

The new manager is instead given a 5 months deal.

In his statement, King said: “In my opinion, what would truly be wrong is if the board made a quick knee-jerk appointment without a thorough consideration of the options available at the time just because it appealed to certain sections of the media, or to some of the more outspoken supporters. “The appointment of a manager is far too serious for us to endorse such a frivolous approach.

If the appointment of the manager is so important, then why did you just have 1 candidate for the job? Why did it take nearly 2 months to give the job to the interim who didn't pull up any tree's in the first place?

Why are you now all of a sudden bothered by sections of the media and "outspoken supporters" Dave? You have totally ignored constant attacks by the media on the club and our supporters since, so why pretend that you care now they are attacking you and your attempts at appointing a football manager?

Because it's becoming increasinly more evident that you and Robertson lied though your teeth. You stated that there was:

Shortlisted candidates for the current vacancy include individuals currently with other clubs.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...nager-will-be-given-three-year-deal-1-4627329

So where is this supposed shortlist? You state there are candidates currently with clubs. Whilst it is technically true McInnes and Murty both had clubs, one was already employed by our club. Don't try dress up two candidates as a "shortlist". Just like the total lies that Robertson spouted on RTV after Warburton departed when he claimed we had, and I quote, "a database of potential managers".

Also don't try fob the fans off with this notion that we had a "process". It's condescending nonsense. There is no intelligent, highly complicated series of operations being undertaken that we little daft people in the support simply can't understand.

You are on record as saying your children prefer watching the Liverpool games in South Africa, you also went one record recently saying you are spending more time on Rangers matters than you would have liked. Both astonishing statements from a Chairman of a major football club but these are the type of comments we are being condition to.

We as a club deserve better leadership.

Last edited:
What we would do for a David Holmes type chief executive just now? When there’s no leadership from the board, it’s no wonder there’s none on the park.

Add in '' The clubs safety certificate for the home tie against them, is dependant on them getting the full Broomloan'

Rather, with us giving them the usual 7500 allocation, the safety certificate is dependant on us giving them the full Broomloan?

I've heard it all now. This thread is an utter embarrassment. Anyone on here care to step forward and improve on what Dave King has contributed to Rangers ?

Sorry what? So if we do not have the funds to better his investment he is free of criticism? He is our chairman who has openly stated he spends more time on us (business matters) than he would like...... He refuses to sanction a CEO with a PLC board place to run the day to day but instead insist on decisions being run past him.

He treated shareholders who he only sees as fans with contempt at the AGM and also as usual gave a car crash interview about our manager search which has backfired severely.

Yes I am thankful for the funding he, sorry not he, his family trust which he doesnt run but he does has provided the club. He should be a non exec director and major shareholder, not a half arsed chairman/major shareholder

King has lied to the supporters a few times. Fed up with him now and I’d much prefer he stepped down and let AJ take over as chairman.

Agreed he’s trying to kid us on which is hardly sensible given the assorted chancers we’ve all seen. His time is up in my opinion.

What we would do for a David Holmes type chief executive just now? When there’s no leadership from the board, it’s no wonder there’s none on the park.
Without doubt the lack of leadership and passion filters down.

He’s said before he doesn’t enjoy all this.

Deflated after that today.Now my anger has gone I’m not listening to a word him or the rest say.They say what they think the fans want to hear.Full of pish.

The ruling yesterday has clearly had an impact on us despite the boards bullshit saying it won’t.

Get the lot of them out the club

As much as it pains me to say it, the rangers haters out there seem to have called it correct when it comes to king.
They all told us he was a dodgy liar and was skint.
We laughed at them for saying it as well.

King has lied through his teeth to us from day one. I've said it for a while on the old forum but folk want to deliberately ignore it because he's a 'Rangers man'.

He needs to go! He is not interested and he doesn’t have the money that we need.

He needs to go! He is not interested and he doesn’t have the money that we need.
I think this is the key point, he is on record saying how little he enjoys all of this, saying his kids pick Liverpool to watch rather than Rangers.

If you say this in public, god knows what is truly thought in private.

He’s the wrong man to lead this challenge. You need fire in your belly and a relentless passion to get this monumental job done. He doesn’t have that.

I think this is the key point, he is on record saying how little he enjoys all of this, saying his kids pick Liverpool to watch rather than Rangers.

If you say this in public, god knows what is truly thought in private.

He’s the wrong man to lead this challenge. You need fire in your belly and a relentless passion to get this monumental job done. He doesn’t have that.

Totally agree with you. He needs to go!

I’m scunnered and absolutely raging at our current board.

King is looking increasingly like yet another charlatan out for himself.
Anyone who dared question him following the actions of the previous crooks and conmen were immediately labelled Timmy.
Yet again our support can be our own worst enemy. It's understandable that we want to believe in folk but we must start questioning folk more closely. Sick of the amount of folk who have abused our loyalty over recent years.

His pledges of front loading investment in the team a couple of years back were ill judged.

The promise wasn't exactly followed up on.

He has put money in but I wonder if he's got enough for what's needed and we need to fund out what his plan is if in fact he has one.

I've heard it all now. This thread is an utter embarrassment. Anyone on here care to step forward and improve on what Dave King has contributed to Rangers ?

DK and the 3 Bears stood tall, fought cleverly and took our club back from the vagabonds

DK and the board have made Ashley rip up a horrendous contract, bought back his shares and got rid of him once and for all

DK and the others have soft loans/investments of circa £16m and have never taken a penny out of the club.

That's the indisputable facts.

The attempts to recruit a manger have been terrible, difficult to understand how we can get it so wrong. The OP may be using strong language but he's quoting actual statements.
The situation we find ourselves in today stems from the failure to create a proper operating structure that allows the PLC Board to control the finances. The PLC Board should then appoint top level Execs to sit on the Football Board and operate it daily wth proper executive powers to do so.
We need exceptionally strong leadership, on the ground, here in Scotland.

Ashley was paid millions to "rip up a contract". That can hardly be cited as a major achievement.

King is looking increasingly like yet another charlatan out for himself.
Anyone who dared question him following the actions of the previous crooks and conmen were immediately labelled Timmy.
Yet again our support can be our own worst enemy. It's understandable that we want to believe in folk but we must start questioning folk more closely. Sick of the amount of folk who have abused our loyalty over recent years.

You're seriously trying to include Dave King alongside the scum who raped our club ? Have a word with yourself, mate.

Don’t believe a word that comes out of this guy’s mouth now. Tell you what Dave since you don’t really enjoy all of this stay in SA appoint a real CEO to run the club properly, not some glove puppet who has to run everything by you.

Getting to the stage you don’t believe anything that’s coming out of Ibrox the now sorry state of affairs

DK and the 3 Bears stood tall, fought cleverly and took our club back from the vagabonds

DK and the board have made Ashley rip up a horrendous contract, bought back his shares and got rid of him once and for all

DK and the others have soft loans/investments of circa £16m and have never taken a penny out of the club.

That's the indisputable facts.

The attempts to recruit a manger have been terrible, difficult to understand how we can get it so wrong. The OP may be using strong language but he's quoting actual statements.
The situation we find ourselves in today stems from the failure to create a proper operating structure that allows the PLC Board to control the finances. The PLC Board should then appoint top level Execs to sit on the Football Board and operate it daily wth proper executive powers to do so.
We need exceptionally strong leadership, on the ground, here in Scotland.

The first half of your post answers a lot of what some of the posters and interloupers want to ignore. No one said it would be easy. Instant success and straight off stability would be cream on the cake. If you look at some of the posts it is obvious they dont want us to settle, they want continous disharmony and disruption. DK has had a lot to fight and as we see plenty more fights to come. There's no magic wand.

Disharmony and continous disruption only suits one mob, DK maybe hasn't brought 100% perfection, but it appears the mhedia and the beasts would prefer he disappeared. Go figure

King has lied through his teeth to us from day one. I've said it for a while on the old forum but folk want to deliberately ignore it because he's a 'Rangers man'.

You haven't said much on the new forum, albeit a go at King tonight.

I'm sure there has been plenty to discuss since september.

Only saying in this season of goodwill to all men.

Add in '' The clubs safety certificate for the home tie against them, is dependant on them getting the full Broomloan'

Rather, with us giving them the usual 7500 allocation, the safety certificate is dependant on us giving them the full Broomloan?

He didn't say that though, did he?

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/dave-king-response-12/

The strong safety and security advice from the police, which is supported by our own security team, is that we should continue with the present arrangement as this is the safest allocation of tickets from a segregation point of view and, most importantly, it is the basis upon which we have been awarded our Safety Certificate.
He said it was the basis on which it had been awarded. There is a subtle difference.

Safety Certificates are issued by GCC in conjunction with the event host and other partner agencies who agree to the plans and risk assessments put in place.

Before every game checks are done by police and stewards to ensure that the conditions are met and that the certificate is valid.

To change the plans mid season would have been possible but would require agreement between both clubs on the reduced allocations, then meetings with the police to change the well established match day plans / orders and then reapplying for the safety certificate, GCC inspecting the ground again and who knows what kind of issues they'd dredge up to block it.

Clearly this was way down the list of priorities and not something he'd personally given a lot of thought to, but I would stop short of using this as a stick to beat him with.

The first half of your post answers a lot of what some of the posters and interloupers want to ignore. No one said it would be easy. Instant success and straight off stability would be cream on the cake. If you look at some of the posts it is obvious they dont want us to settle, they want continous disharmony and disruption. DK has had a lot to fight and as we see plenty more fights to come. There's no magic wand.

Disharmony and continous disruption only suits one mob, DK maybe hasn't brought 100% perfection, but it appears the mhedia and the beasts would prefer he disappeared. Go figure
So again anyone who doesn’t tug their forelocks to King or dares to criticise his extremely disingenuous behaviour must be a Tim, really tiresome patter that doesn’t really make sense.
This board are Timothy’s wet dream.

David Holmes didn't have 11million in his back pocket. So would be no use to us just now.
We don't need a CEO with £11 million in his back pocket. We need a CEO who knows what he's doing in the day to day running of our club. A proddy Liewell if you will.

Don’t believe a word that comes out of this guy’s mouth now. Tell you what Dave since you don’t really enjoy all of this stay in SA appoint a real CEO to run the club properly, not some glove puppet who has to run everything by you.

Not a fan of Dave then eh ?

Good job you aint a Tim then, especially with all the lies that come out over there to aid cover ups etc.

Hope you aint a multiple usernamer either as you are answering for High Society as well.

Ashley was paid millions to "rip up a contract". That can hardly be cited as a major achievement.

ffs, simple mathematics tells you we will benefit in the long run where this is concerned. Or would you rather we still had that contract and didnt get it ripped up ?. A contract not drawn up by King and Co.

Another reason to think back to what we had.

Get your heid and arses out the sand and remember what has gone on before and realise its a long and winding and bumpy road ahead.

Back