Dave Kings Words Just More Than 2 Weeks Ago

That Dave King, what's he like ? If he isn't assisting removing the crooks from our club, renegotiating a shameless kit deal that gave us next to nothing, be in and out of Courtrooms fighting on Rangers behalf. He instead should just be sitting on FF having a whinge and not actually doing very much.

He doesn't get a free ride for getting rid of the spivs.

Get the head out the sand mate. He's treating us all with so much contempt.

I was massively vocal on the old board with praise for the work they down to get rid of the old board. But Now, DK has lost all his goodwill.

I am more than convinced he's only in this to recruit his lost £20m from before.

I have lost all confidence in Dave King and I don't trust him. Pains me to say it but the likes of Tom English are being proved correct.

Aye,
Aye great response, I’ve heard it for years from people like you, always the last to admit when something really isn’t right and no amount of blind optimism will change it, so you just call people who’s views differ Tims.

Aye, i thought it was a great response as well.

So what do you think is the answer ?. What instant super plan is the answer for instant success, treble chasing trophy glory ?

Who do you think will be the answer and have a group of hardcore men behind them to guide us through this ?

And see when you answer, tell us where they were when King and Co ousted the robbers and blaggers that were within ?

I was massively vocal on the old board with praise for the work they down to get rid of the old board. But Now, DK has lost all his goodwill.

I am more than convinced he's only in this to recruit his lost £20m from before.

lol, another one vocal on the old board

I have lost all confidence in Dave King and I don't trust him. Pains me to say it but the likes of Tom English are being proved correct.

lol, Tom English being proved correct,. If we all held on to every word oor Tom said,. Im sure auld Spew probably said the same at some point. Probably at the start when DK made their farters twitch. Which they probably liked.

Another thread where we are humouring and attracting quite a few of september sign ups with low posts.

History is achieved and not manufactured my friends.

I've heard it all now. This thread is an utter embarrassment. Anyone on here care to step forward and improve on what Dave King has contributed to Rangers ?
I have shares in major corporations whose CEO’s are all held to account by shareholders. If Dave King doesn’t want to be held accountable then buy all the shares and go private. There is no doubting what he has done for the club mate, that doesn’t mean we, the support, have to put up with condescending pish from him or his Managing Director. Twice in the space of a couple of seasons they’ve admitted fking up managerial appointments yet who has fallen on their sword? No one. That’s not how a PLC is run.

I think this is the key point, he is on record saying how little he enjoys all of this, saying his kids pick Liverpool to watch rather than Rangers.

If you say this in public, god knows what is truly thought in private.

He’s the wrong man to lead this challenge. You need fire in your belly and a relentless passion to get this monumental job done. He doesn’t have that.
That’s why after seeing 20m disappear he decides to come back again and his money dwindle away.

lol, Tom English being proved correct,. If we all held on to every word oor Tom said,. Im sure auld Spew probably said the same at some point. Probably at the start when DK made their farters twitch. Which they probably liked.

Another thread where we are humouring and attracting quite a few of september sign ups with low posts.

History is achieved and not manufactured my friends.

You have a September sign up and a low post count as well o_O

That Dave King, what's he like ? If he isn't assisting removing the crooks from our club, renegotiating a shameless kit deal that gave us next to nothing, be in and out of Courtrooms fighting on Rangers behalf. He instead should just be sitting on FF having a whinge and not actually doing very much.
Or he could be in SA with his finger up his arse while our club makes mistake after mistake and show they have no clue what to do next! I backed and appreciated they stopped the club from hitting the point of no return but the incompetence of the last few months is embarrassing. Oh and folk just sitting on FF they are spending a massive percentage of their salaries buying season tickets, plastic food, cheap overpriced merchandise just to watch them bumble from one %^*& up to another! So thanks for the stability over the last 2 years but you are kidding yourself on that change is not needed! Also Mr King cover himself in glory with the pish he spouted about a new manager and his defeat to the takeover panel!

Dave King will have my gratitude forever for ridding us of the scum who could have killed us off.

But he can only survive for so long on the basis of being better than Somers or llambias.

Right now, i'm struggling to stop myself thinking he is another Murray - all ego, all talk and all smoke & mirrors.

Dave King will have my gratitude forever for ridding us of the scum who could have killed us off.

But he can only survive for so long on the basis of being better than Somers or llambias.

Right now, i'm struggling to stop myself thinking he is another Murray - all ego, all talk and all smoke & mirrors.
This man speaks for us all. Exactly matey.

Not a fan of Dave then eh ?

Good job you aint a Tim then, especially with all the lies that come out over there to aid cover ups etc.

Hope you aint a multiple usernamer either as you are answering for High Society as well.

I don't need anybody to answer for me, if I did I wouldn't pick the poster you're referring too

So far on this thread I've read some bonkers stuff concerning Dave King, some of it pretty low for Bears to descend to, tbh. I'll finish by saying what I originally posted and if anyone can contribute more to Rangers than Dave King then get a group, a cartel, call it what you like, and make your collective move on creating a new Board.

So Dave King takes the advice of FF and does one. Who finances the club until the end of the season, who pays him back the loans he's extended to the club ?

Seriously? The investment of money and time, as well the hassle involved in the past 3 years and this is the reason.

He didn't say that though, did he?

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/dave-king-response-12/

He said it was the basis on which it had been awarded. There is a subtle difference.

Safety Certificates are issued by GCC in conjunction with the event host and other partner agencies who agree to the plans and risk assessments put in place.

Before every game checks are done by police and stewards to ensure that the conditions are met and that the certificate is valid.

To change the plans mid season would have been possible but would require agreement between both clubs on the reduced allocations, then meetings with the police to change the well established match day plans / orders and then reapplying for the safety certificate, GCC inspecting the ground again and who knows what kind of issues they'd dredge up to block it.

Clearly this was way down the list of priorities and not something he'd personally given a lot of thought to, but I would stop short of using this as a stick to beat him with.

The strong safety and security advice from the police, which is supported by our own security team, is that we should continue with the present arrangement as this is the safest allocation of tickets from a segregation point of view and, most importantly, it is the basis upon which we have been awarded our Safety Certificate.

Quote ''by agreement – both teams receive the same number of tickets for away games''

If It's the basis of us giving them 7500, then don't give them 7500, they then don't need the full Broomloan. Give them the required 1000 ticket allocation as mentioned by King and the away corner, and our safety certificate would be then issued on that basis.

It could be changed for next season, other clubs change their allocations for us and them virtually game by game.

Last edited:
Murty was announced to cover up the news about the takeover deal, King and co think we are all daft
I'm not the only one thinking that after reading that news yesterday it was just kinda like.
Oh. Okay, Murty's here to stay and Declan John's here permanently. But nothing on the main news?

Absolute shambles. I'm not as wise, old or knowledgeable about rangers and running the club than many folk on here but I can guarantee I can run the club better than the clowns up there.

He talks as much bollox as Green. If this shit was going on while the spivs were there we'd be close to rioting. Now we just go meh!

I've heard it all now. This thread is an utter embarrassment. Anyone on here care to step forward and improve on what Dave King has contributed to Rangers ?
It’s a divide and conquer game mate, there are some hellbent to have fans at each other’s throats, the problem now though is the team and board are playing into agenda driven threads hands with their inept performances on and off the park.
I would imagine there were over a hundred put in for the managers job with some good ones amongst them.
If we cannot afford them at this time the board should have told the truth and told us when it would be sorted.

Dave King is a circus we dont need, and he is never here. We need a leader to lead our club and its clearly not King.

Spot on mate. As a leader he is hopeless. The last lot were deliberately cutting costs and bleeding the club dry and taking money from the club and putting it in their own pockets.
Why what king has done stings so badly is that he and the board are fans.
However by running the club so incompetently with wasting of Transfer money and employing the hopeless on the board and in management they are taking us backwards at an alarming rate.
Dave King has been a total failure. His failings will see us finish out of European qualification and a very large fall in season ticket renewal despite what the Uber staunch say on here.
We can only hope and pray someone can take over and invest as King is failing Rangers by his mistakes and I am sick of him and his yes men trying to polish a turd.

I've been,and will continue to be,supportive of our chairman.
That said there is a lot in the OP that cannot be denied or even argued with.

The footballing operation at Ibrox is utterly shambolic and that's down to the fact that not one board member knows anything about the professional game.

I think he's sorry he ever got involved and now wants out. The elephant in the room being that there's no one else out there ready to take us on.

King's not a natural born leader and we'll never return to what we once were while he's running the show. The sooner he finds an escape route the better for all concerned.

The new manager is instead given a 5 months deal.

If the appointment of the manager is so important, then why did you just have 1 candidate for the job? Why did it take nearly 2 months to give the job to the interim who didn't pull up any tree's in the first place?

Why are you now all of a sudden bothered by sections of the media and "outspoken supporters" Dave? You have totally ignored constant attacks by the media on the club and our supporters since, so why pretend that you care now they are attacking you and your attempts at appointing a football manager?

Because it's becoming increasinly more evident that you and Robertson lied though your teeth. You stated that there was:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...nager-will-be-given-three-year-deal-1-4627329

So where is this supposed shortlist? You state there are candidates currently with clubs. Whilst it is technically true McInnes and Murty both had clubs, one was already employed by our club. Don't try dress up two candidates as a "shortlist". Just like the total lies that Robertson spouted on RTV after Warburton departed when he claimed we had, and I quote, "a database of potential managers".

Also don't try fob the fans off with this notion that we had a "process". It's condescending nonsense. There is no intelligent, highly complicated series of operations being undertaken that we little daft people in the support simply can't understand.

You are on record as saying your children prefer watching the Liverpool games in South Africa, you also went one record recently saying you are spending more time on Rangers matters than you would have liked. Both astonishing statements from a Chairman of a major football club but these are the type of comments we are being condition to.

We as a club deserve better leadership.
The people who questioned what was going on at the agm bought everything king said ....

I think he's sorry he ever got involved and now wants out. The elephant in the room being that there's no one else out there ready to take us on.

King's not a natural born leader and we'll never return to what we once were while he's running the show. The sooner he finds an escape route the better for all concerned.
You think he’s sorry and you know he’s not a leader.

I dont mean money but he talks shite. We take it because it's King. Anyone else would be getting hounded.
We take it because I dread to think where we’d be without him. Watching yesterday and we’re going backwards, off the field we’re in a bad place and it’s hard to be positive about any of it but none of us really know what Kings dealing with at the moment.

Ashley was paid millions to "rip up a contract". That can hardly be cited as a major achievement.
He would never have come to the table if the fans didn’t starve him out. He thought we would be like Newcastle fans and stay in line. The fans initiated his removal.

So far on this thread I've read some bonkers stuff concerning Dave King, some of it pretty low for Bears to descend to, tbh. I'll finish by saying what I originally posted and if anyone can contribute more to Rangers than Dave King then get a group, a cartel, call it what you like, and make your collective move on creating a new Board.
aye thats right because we havnt got £100s of millions to spend on rangers means king should rule supreme and we should suffer all the shit hee spouts
what an arsehole you are

Back