Dave Smith

RFC417

Happy birthday Dave Smith, 76 years young today. A proper bluenose whose favourite games were the 300 plus times he pulled on our famous jersey. Photo below is one of those jerseys with his European medals from 67 & 72.

ST in the Govan rear, still follows The Rangers whenever and wherever possible, is as excited as the rest of us about heading to Rotterdam in a fortnight and is always a credit to the club.

All the best Dave, you deserve it. Truly one of us.

hawkfalcons

Happy birthday Dave Smith, 76 years young today. A proper bluenose whose favourite games were the 300 plus times he pulled on our famous jersey. Photo below is one of those jerseys with his European medals from 67 & 72.

ST in the Govan rear, still follows The Rangers whenever and wherever possible, is as excited as the rest of us about heading to Rotterdam in a fortnight and is always a credit to the club.

Class act

Dave570

I was lucky enough to have a few drinks with Dave my boyhood hero in Luxembourg. The man is not only a player legend but still an avid supporter and at Ibrox for all or most games. I have total respect for him as a player and supporter.

Arminger

I met Dave at the Erskine function in Aberdeen recently and found him to be a really nice guy who also lives not far from me. Happy Birthday Dave, have a great day.

Rudolph Hucker

Happy Birthday Mr Smith :))

I love watching all 3 goals from the 72 final (obviously!) but his setup for the 2nd is a work of classy art.

btl456

Happy birthday dave, thanks for the kickabout outside moir green bookies all those years ago.

chosen few

My abiding memory of Dave Smith was on a freezing cold night, everyone wearing long sleeves, but the bold Dave rolled his up, strange memory of such a great player.

Grigo Yossarian

Happy Birthday Dave Smith.

A TRUE RANGER & A LEGEND.

One of the most underrated players I have ever seen in our jersey.

Grigo Yossarian

The coolest man in the cauldron that was the Camp Nou in 1972. The highlight for me watching the rerun was hearing 'Mon Dave Smith' at 5:06 in the highlights and seeing the quiet man lifting a perfect ball on to wee Bud's napper.

My recollection was that it was his through ball to Stein at the first too, but I couldn’t make it out there.

SergeToTheTop

Brilliant Ranger whose company I enjoyed one night, in the the Pub he once owned in Montrose. Have A Great Day Davie.
Had a good few chats with him there, he was lovely and so down to earth. Spent a lot of time in that pub before he owned it.

The Meik's Crombie

Happy birthday Dave Smith. One of the most skilful players I have seen playing for The Rangers. I see him frequently at Ibrox these days. It is always good to see some of our ex players still follow following.