Dave Smith

TheAnalogKid

Happy birthday Dave Smith, 76 years young today. A proper bluenose whose favourite games were the 300 plus times he pulled on our famous jersey. Photo below is one of those jerseys with his European medals from 67 & 72.

ST in the Govan rear, still follows The Rangers whenever and wherever possible, is as excited as the rest of us about heading to Rotterdam in a fortnight and is always a credit to the club.

All the best Dave, you deserve it. Truly one of us.

Happy birthday Dave Smith, 76 years young today. A proper bluenose whose favourite games were the 300 plus times he pulled on our famous jersey. Photo below is one of those jerseys with his European medals from 67 & 72.

ST in the Govan rear, still follows The Rangers whenever and wherever possible, is as excited as the rest of us about heading to Rotterdam in a fortnight and is always a credit to the club.

Class act

I was lucky enough to have a few drinks with Dave my boyhood hero in Luxembourg. The man is not only a player legend but still an avid supporter and at Ibrox for all or most games. I have total respect for him as a player and supporter.

I met Dave at the Erskine function in Aberdeen recently and found him to be a really nice guy who also lives not far from me. Happy Birthday Dave, have a great day.

nLFwmOt.jpg

sGZVRYZ.jpg
d16yTr3.jpg

Happy birthday Dave

Happy Birthday Mr Smith :))

I love watching all 3 goals from the 72 final (obviously!) but his setup for the 2nd is a work of classy art.

Happy birthday dave, thanks for the kickabout outside moir green bookies all those years ago.

My abiding memory of Dave Smith was on a freezing cold night, everyone wearing long sleeves, but the bold Dave rolled his up, strange memory of such a great player.

Happy Birthday Dave Smith.

A TRUE RANGER & A LEGEND.

One of the most underrated players I have ever seen in our jersey.

The coolest man in the cauldron that was the Camp Nou in 1972. The highlight for me watching the rerun was hearing 'Mon Dave Smith' at 5:06 in the highlights and seeing the quiet man lifting a perfect ball on to wee Bud's napper.

My recollection was that it was his through ball to Stein at the first too, but I couldn’t make it out there.

Brilliant Ranger whose company I enjoyed one night, in the the Pub he once owned in Montrose. Have A Great Day Davie.

Had a good few chats with him there, he was lovely and so down to earth. Spent a lot of time in that pub before he owned it.

Happy birthday Dave Smith. One of the most skilful players I have seen playing for The Rangers. I see him frequently at Ibrox these days. It is always good to see some of our ex players still follow following.

Hope he got a new joke book as a birthday present lol

The pub he owned in Montrose was across the road from my mums house , had many a lock in with him an absolute gent !

2 caps. He was a far far better player than that.
Thought it was one but you’re dead right in that he deserved more.
Another Rangers player to add to those “undercapped”.
Brown, Robertson, Cooper, McLean, and Macdonald, at least, on that list.

Back