Dave Vos Confirmed - Welcome to Rangers

Great appointment. Knew it wasnt going to be Makaay as was alluded to previously.

this could be a true masterstroke

I still think regardless of what’s been said we will bring in someone Scottish, possibly McCann.

Wilson did say on Monday that it’s something that could happen.
I would still like to see some Scottish influence in with the coaching team, creates a balance .

Don't know much about him to be honest but he looks on paper a great appointment and I would imagine has lots of connections. Great times ahead, in my opinion and some good work going on to build a winning management team

I'd imagine this guy fancies being a (senior) manager in his own right at some point and that's why he's taken this opportunity.
Hmm maybe it’s the succession plan Ross Wilson has. Anyway a incredible piece of work. Gerrard is a distant memory.

The parallels between us and Ajax should be the driving force for our future business. Big club in a big city playing in a relatively small league.

We simply have to invest our future in developing talent, and more importantly, giving that talent a platform to perform.

We as fans play an important part in that. We have to learn to allow youngsters to play in our first team, and make mistakes, without pouncing on them.

It's how we'll thrive.

Has he worked with Gio before? Its an interesting choice if not. Sometimes these appointments are a result of personal relationship with the manager. If Gio is going out his way to bring this guy in, its likely he has a tremendous reputation in Holland.

Either way its hard not to be extremely excited

Why?

I want a coach in for his coaching ability, not his nationality.
I’m happy with Vos coming in as assistant , however I don’t think it’s a bad idea to have Scottish influence within the backroom team

Has he worked with Gio before? Its an interesting choice if not. Sometimes these appointments are a result of personal relationship with the manager. If Gionis going out his way to bring this guy in, its likely he has a tremendous reputation in Holland.

Either way its hard not to be extremely excited
Ronald de Boer might be the link between them. He's coaching in the Ajax youth teams

The parallels between us and Ajax should be the driving force for our future business. Big club in a big city playing in a relatively small league.

We simply have to invest our future in developing talent, and more importantly, giving that talent a platform to perform.

We as fans play an important part in that. We have to learn to allow youngsters to play in our first team, and make mistakes, without pouncing on them.

It's how we'll thrive.
More often than not, some of the best talent that could walk into first teams are overlooked which is the type of market we're exploiting. This appointment could prove to be a masterstroke. He must be more than aware of his qualities to give him assistant manager position. Attracting young talent, sounds exciting for our future and given we saw Alegria in training, that speaks volumes for itself.

Can imagine the impact this should have on some of our young players development, especially Patterson

Great achievement to get someone to leave the Ajax academy to join us. Even if he is looking to become a manager in the future to become Gios assistant rather than making the step up in his own country only shows how big we are

Excellent news. Fantastic experience and will be a great asset, particularly for the youth squad as we try to rebuild the academy

I would like to see Kevin Thomson brought onto the coaching team.
I was a big fan of Thomson but was not impressed with his comments on GVB going into the dressing room at halftime.
Seems to be a good coach though and is approachable and seems a real decent man not up his arse like some players.

We have a team of players that know the Scottish game inside out, not sure there is any value in bringing in a Scottish coach

Massive signing, and obviously looks to be a real sign of the club building for the future.

As for a Scottish coach, or an ex player type thing, I really don't see the need tbh. I don't see what a Thomson or McCann adds to the team that can't be found better elsewhere. Neither of those have been an overwhelming success anywhere else that merits them being part of the team.

Compare their CVs to those of the back room team we have just brought in. Quite frankly they aren't fit to tie the shoelaces of GvB, Makaay and Vos.

I was a big fan of Thomson but was not impressed with his comments on GVB going into the dressing room at halftime.
Seems to be a good coach though and is approachable and seems a real decent man not up his arse like some players.
Nor was I but it's a pundits job to be critical or controversial

Sounds a far more exciting appointment than Neil McCann who was being spoke about as Gios assistant.

This guy must have played a big part in some very good footballers development.

Over £400m worth of talent.

Frenkie de Jong, van de Beek, de Ligt, Dolberg, Kluivert to name a few.

Of the current Ajax squad, 8 that Vos has been apart of their development were in the squad on Tuesday night for the Champions League. 6 of them featured. Gravenberch, Schurrs, Timber, Rensch, Taylor to name a few.

This man’s CV is elite.

A guy I know is with is friends with a youth coach at Rangers and he says that some of the talent we have coming through is frightening.

Hopefully we now have a management team in place that starts getting our youth players into the first team.

Back