Dave Vos Confirmed - Welcome to Rangers

Every day becomes more promising. I will admit to having never heard of Mr Vos, however his cv speaks for itself.
I’m sure exciting times are back around the corner for us

Good luck Dave and on paper he looks a class addition to the backroom team

10 years at Ajax will be a fantastic grounding and this guy will have huge knowledge of talent across Europe

I hope he can help Gio and the club get us league success this season

It’s a huge title to win for the money in the CL

This is purely a guess but here goes -
Arno Philips replaces Jordan Milsom
Roy Makaay replaces Tom Culshaw,
Dave Vos replaces Michael Beale
TBA replaces Gary Mac. Maybe Van Gastel?
Beale was responsible for the overall training plan, and also took the forwards in break out sessions. Seems like Makaay will be working with the forwards in those break outs. One of Culshaw’s roles was working on set pieces but he also worked with the defenders. Gary Mac worked with the midfielders.

Beale was responsible for the overall training plan, and also took the forwards in break out sessions. Seems like Makaay will be working with the forwards in those break outs. One of Culshaw’s roles was working on set pieces but he also worked with the defenders. Gary Mac worked with the midfielders.
While Gerrard was heading up and down the M6.

Ronald de Boer might be the link between them. He's coaching in the Ajax youth teams
Don't know if he's worked with him before, but would be surprised with Gio being Feyenoord and Vos Ajax. In saying that, that didn't stop Cruyff or more recently Berghuis.

It's probably more likely through Gio's agent, who Wilson has a good working relationship with due to his time working with Koeman.

Quite excited that we got someone from Ajax as he seem highly rated.
I do hope we are going to go down the route of using more youth players.

The problem with many young and developing players in Scotland is that we lose them to other priorities in their lives. Some positive and more guaranteed career paths, others less so and more dubious.

I'm really excited at the guys we're bringing in here, they clearly wouldn't be coming if they didn't think its an opportunity for them as well.

If you look at this he must know every player in the Ajax pipeline

-Trainer/Coach Ajax U18 (2021-2022)
-Assistent Trainer/Coach Ajax U23 (2020-2021)
-Trainer/Coach: Ajax U.17 (2017-2018 / 2018-2019 / 2019-2020)
-Trainer/Coach: Ajax U.13 - U.14 (2016-2017)
-Trainer/Coach: Ajax U.13 - U.16 (2015-2016)
-Trainer/Coach: Ajax U.13 - U.16 (2014- 2015)
-Trainer/Coach: Ajax U.12 (2011-2014)
-Assistent Trainer/Coach: Ajax U.15 - U.19 (2011-2014)
-Assistent Trainer/Coach: Ajax U.18 ( 2009-2011)
-Staff member Talent development…

Why?

I want a coach in for his coaching ability, not his nationality.
I'd say the thinking behind a local coach is twofold:
1/ knowledge of spfl players and teams, how they'll play against us and what refs will allow them to get away with
2/ avoid the dressing room issues we had latterly under Advocaat where foreigners and Brits had different levels of interaction with the coaching staff

I think JD could get this gig if he wants it. He could also be the conduit between coaching staff and dressing room that is traditionally part of a UK assistant manager's role. Whilst it's usually a confidante of the manager in that role I'd say that's less of a requirement here as the bridge (assuming there is one) will "just" be a coach and not the boss' right hand man.

Back