Dave Vos Confirmed - Welcome to Rangers

The problem with many young and developing players in Scotland is that we lose them to other priorities in their lives. Some positive and more guaranteed career paths, others less so and more dubious.

I'm really excited at the guys we're bringing in here, they clearly wouldn't be coming if they didn't think its an opportunity for them as well.

This seems to have completely changed, certainly from when I was young, some of my mates who could have made it pissed it all away, however the difference in the youngsters nowadays is unbelievable, I have a few nephews who are signed up with different clubs and their dedication to training, games, the Gym and eating the right stuff amazes me. I would never have had the discipline at 14/15.

This seems to have completely changed, certainly from when I was young, some of my mates who could have made it pissed it all away, however the difference in the youngsters nowadays is unbelievable, I have a few nephews who are signed up with different clubs and their dedication to training, games, the Gym and eating the right stuff amazes me. I would never have had the discipline at 14/15.
Don’t underestimate the influence of guys like CR7 on youngsters these days.

Work hard, do the right things, reap the rewards.

I'd say the thinking behind a local coach is twofold:
1/ knowledge of spfl players and teams, how they'll play against us and what refs will allow them to get away with
2/ avoid the dressing room issues we had latterly under Advocaat where foreigners and Brits had different levels of interaction with the coaching staff

I think JD could get this gig if he wants it. He could also be the conduit between coaching staff and dressing room that is traditionally part of a UK assistant manager's role. Whilst it's usually a confidante of the manager in that role I'd say that's less of a requirement here as the bridge (assuming there is one) will "just" be a coach and not the boss' right hand man.
Very fair points there - only reasonable counters to these are:

1) It shouldn't need to be someone's formal role to be a translator for the Scottish game, in effect. Analysts and research staff ought to cover that, but the wider Rangers staff right up to board level should educate everyone about things like history, temperament and refereeing.
2) Maybe Gio doesn't have the arrogant Dutch management streak some seem to have - Dick definitely had it and the bounce after Mcleish took over was tangible.

I'm not convinced this needs to be anyone's job at all, because it inevitably becomes "former player for the name value" but if there's a mid-80s Walter Smith type out there, impressing as a coach and clearly wired into the Scottish game in the way you mention, that would definitely work.

Don't know if he's worked with him before, but would be surprised with Gio being Feyenoord and Vos Ajax. In saying that, that didn't stop Cruyff or more recently Berghuis.

It's probably more likely through Gio's agent, who Wilson has a good working relationship with due to his time working with Koeman.
Koeman has both played with and managed Feyenoord, Ajax and PSV. Truly incredible.

Would love to hear an interview from Dave Vos.

Watched him on the touch line this afternoon. Very calm and controlled. GvB was speaking to Tavernier mid first half and Vos was giving out instructions to Aribo.
I’m not sure if it was directly after this but Tav went round a few players and whispered something to them.

Would love to hear an interview from Dave Vos.

Watched him on the touch line this afternoon. Very calm and controlled. GvB was speaking to Tavernier mid first half and Vos was giving out instructions to Aribo.

I noticed v hibs at the penalty and he had Bassey (IIRC) over for instructions. Good to see both the boss and Vos being proactive.

Koeman has both played with and managed Feyenoord, Ajax and PSV. Truly incredible.
20 years as a manager, 3 league titles with Holland's 2 biggest clubs. An absolute fucking chancer of a manager. And a total prick, by all accounts. Can't stand him.

Noticed Doekhi and Bazoer came through Ajax youth system and will have a good relationship with Vos you would imagine.

Could give us an edge getting these guys in on bosmans.

Back