Dave Vos new assistant manager

Not seen it reported anywhere. Vos has just stepped up as Manager of Youths to take over from the guy he previously was Assistant to - Mitchell van der Gaag, formerly of Motherwell. Van Der Gaag, in turn, stepped up to the Assistant Manager role with the Ajax first team I think.

Vos has been coaching the Ajax kids for the last 10 years.

Last edited:
https://news.fox-24.com/sport/news/36653.html

Dave Vos will be one of Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s assistants at Rangers, writes The Telegraph Thursday. According to the newspaper, the 38-year-old coach of Ajax Under 18 told his players on Wednesday after the minimal victory over Besiktas (0-1) in the UEFA Youth League. He will sign a contract in Glasgow until the summer of 2024 or 2025.
Which was then still called Glasgow Rangers. The current Rangers will play Sparta Prague. Hmmmmm, the shite people believe if told often enough.

odd final paragraph unless im missing something

Van Bronckhorst played between 1998 and 2001 for the Scottish record champion, which was then still called Glasgow Rangers. The current Rangers will play at home against Sparta Prague in the Europa League on Thursday and that means the debut for the former defender on the bench. Van Bronckhorst was not on the couch last Sunday, then the Gers lost to Hibernian (1-3) in the semi-final of the Scottish League Cup tournament.

Vos looks to have a very solid background and obvs very highly thought of by Ajax having been there for 10 years

Gio defo building a strong backroom team

Hope Vos can help us attract some new talent and we can start player trading and help with the finances

Good appointment, my only concern is us building a full team around Gio who would possibly leave with him as we have just seen with SG. We need to start a lasting legacy with natural successors in positions.
That's the way it is now I'm afraid. Only way to change it is if we appointed all the backroom staff ourselves and got a manager and told him who he is working with. Not many managers would accept that.

Good appointment, my only concern is us building a full team around Gio who would possibly leave with him as we have just seen with SG. We need to start a lasting legacy with natural successors in positions.

The same was said about Gerrard and co.

And look how well Wilson and Gio have done in replacing everyone that left.

Could be a brilliant hire

Great attracting new talent but also hopefully develop the talent we have here ie; Alegria amongst others and fast track into the first team

I get your point but that is where Ross Wilson comes in.

The alternative, having a legacy of people like John Kennedy and Gavin Strachan being foisted upon a new manager? Not for me.

I get your point but that is where Ross Wilson comes in.

The alternative, having a legacy of people like John Kennedy and Gavin Strachan being foisted upon a new manager? Not for me.

Totally agree, also, that was with about 4months worth of planning.

In respect of this appointment, outside looking in, it looks brilliant.

We don’t know how it will all pan out but Ross Wilson deserves considerable credit

On the flipside, I see it as a net positive. Sure it's stressful having to replace your entire backroom staff but it means a constant refreshing of ideas. Doesn't allow for things to get stagnant or stale and we won't become stuck in our own methods. It's really common that most high level coaches want to bring a squad of guys to be their backroom staff, it's the norm now. Them leaving just means it's a chance to bring in a new group of guys in, with fresh ideas and different methods. None of which are a bad thing imo.

It's good from a networking perspective also. Becoming well known as a good place to work, that likes to be innovative and embraces change is a good thing for the club.

Looks to be an excellent appointment both for the development of our youth and attracting some talent from Europe

Back