Dave Vos new assistant manager

I don't think we can ever emulate Ajax's youth success because, on top of their reputation, they can take their pick of the best Dutch and Danish youth talent. We can't compete with that, Scotland doesn't produce the players those countries do and although we have easy access to the English market, persuading the best English kids to leave EPL clubs to come to Scotland is a hard sell.

I don't think we can ever emulate Ajax's youth success because, on top of their reputation, they can take their pick of the best Dutch and Danish youth talent. We can't compete with that, Scotland doesn't produce the players those countries do and although we have easy access to the English market, persuading the best English kids to leave EPL clubs to come to Scotland is a hard sell.
alright there Mr Positive.

10 years at the Ajax academy, running things. There is no way this guy is shite. Sounds like quite an impressive signing.

Reactions: fmp
That's the way it is now I'm afraid. Only way to change it is if we appointed all the backroom staff ourselves and got a manager and told him who he is working with. Not many managers would accept that.
But the greatest manager and human ever agreed to not come with a team such was the magic of Ang-Ball

All very positive news so far...If all goes well tonight i reckon we will all be over SG's departure sooner rather than later.

I’m just being realistic. It’s the same discussion with the Scottish National team. Holland has been producing better players than us for decades.

This is a big part of the issue. Ajax is a finishing school for a lot of elite level Dutch and Danish players. Nations that produce better talents than us and have done for decades now.

That said, there's no reason why we cant produce youngsters good enough to become squad players, as has been previously mentioned in the thread. That's achievable in the mid term imo. We've wasted a fair amount of our transfer budget in recent years on bulking up our squad. Hopefully in the future we can bring through guys who negate the need to do that. After that it just comes down purely to development, some will get better than that, others won't.

Get a grip he’s what he is a B Team coach if you want to vent your anger like myself take it out on a team gone to Aston Villa.
B Team coach or not, Stevie Wonder could’ve seen that Morelos couldn’t finish the game, instead he took off Aribo & Kent.

We also finished with Jack, Kamara & Davis as the midfield 3 - not many goals or assists coming from that trio.

I’m not sure how far down the road our program and it’s aims but you may have noticed that we have schemes in NI for soccer schools and of course there is no reason why that would be the limit . We can do them across UK maybe even elsewhere in N.America eg

But equally you have a point that now we have a lesser population as our target pool of talent .

Let’s see what happens in the coming period and years mate imo it’s the right way to go .

Let’s see what is possible

Ross Wilson did say at GVB press conference "the next addition to the coaching staff will come from Europe" so here we go.

Gerrard tended to bring in players he knew from England who would want decent money. I think lower level European players would want lower wages and I'd imagine we pay higher wages than teams in Holland (Ajax excluded), Belgium or any of the Scandinavian countries.

Back