David Graham or whoever is in charge of communications and media

I disagree with most of what is written here. David Graham has had a decent start to his work at the club. the media output is a lot better than it was. But to those ranting, we have had a series of people in that job that have all struggled, perhaps the question is why has that happened?

Going nose to nose with the SFA on referees would result in a bloody nose and no change. Would make all other changes in the future more difficult. Look at how we failed to win over the SPFL fiasco. Any other country in the world Doncaster is out of a job. Not Scotland.

You have to understand with the las lot of years has stripped from our club. Our status and credibility with the rest of Scottish football is totally shot. They don't see the world the way we do and don't much care for us telling them they are wrong. So without support and votes we cant change much.

the other big thing we lack is a coherent view on anything as a support. Bad referees we can wax lyrical about that. But what do we actually do about it as fans? Nothing. Highlight Alfie getting abused racially on social media on a regular basis. What do we do? Nothing. We get shafted over the last Scottish cup final game v Hibs. Totally shafted. What do we do as fans? Nothing.

Our PR guy would have an easier job if we actually did something about any of these issues. But we don't agree on any cause to stand against. We couldn't even boycott Tannadice properly. Poor situation we just moan and do nothing.

I disagree with most of what is written here. David Graham has had a decent start to his work at the club. the media output is a lot better than it was. But to those ranting, we have had a series of people in that job that have all struggled, perhaps the question is why has that happened?

Going nose to nose with the SFA on referees would result in a bloody nose and no change. Would make all other changes in the future more difficult. Look at how we failed to win over the SPFL fiasco. Any other country in the world Doncaster is out of a job. Not Scotland.

You have to understand with the las lot of years has stripped from our club. Our status and credibility with the rest of Scottish football is totally shot. They don't see the world the way we do and don't much care for us telling them they are wrong. So without support and votes we cant change much.

the other big thing we lack is a coherent view on anything as a support. Bad referees we can wax lyrical about that. But what do we actually do about it as fans? Nothing. Highlight Alfie getting abused racially on social media on a regular basis. What do we do? Nothing. We get shafted over the last Scottish cup final game v Hibs. Totally shafted. What do we do as fans? Nothing.

Our PR guy would have an easier job if we actually did something about any of these issues. But we don't agree on any cause to stand against. We couldn't even boycott Tannadice properly. Poor situation we just moan and do nothing.

the late sandy jardine, stood up and we followed, Who are we following this time? scarlet pimpernel? media output and pr better than it was? jeez its evidently the same as per.

People wanting everyone and anyone connected with the club to take responsibility for speaking out about refereeing decisions is ridiculous.

This is not an issue for the board or the PR department. This is a football issue and for the footballing people (players and manager) to speak out on. If, for whatever reason, they feel unable to do so then we look at other avenues to get the message out there. Placemen in the media, ex players in press and media, RTV, blogs etc. All things that get the message out there but do not risk punishment for the club and heaps pressure on the refs.

Intimidation also works - not talking about tanning windows or threatening behaviour against them in the streets but the players (except Alfie) should be on their case constantly on the pitch. The way the players meekly accept some of the blatantly corrupt decisions is unacceptable. Captain should be able to make his point forcibly with others chipping in for good measure without risking bookings. We generally say and do nothing on the pitch.

If those in the footballing side of the business are not prepared to stand up for themselves then that, first and foremost, should be where our criticism is directed not the head of PR.

could you imagine the outrage if the Helander "goal" was Morelos heading the ball, putting his hands on the scummy prick Duffy and scoring the winner against them? not to mention Kent offside creating it?

we'd still be hearing about it weeks from now, probably have meetings in the parliament about it. We were cheated out of 3pts and we say bugger all about it, we are just a soft touch that they know won't fight back

@Harrogate Bluenose I think you should set up a meeting with the Rangers PR team to point out their flaws and nominate yourself to do the job as head of PR, compiler of dossier after every match of referee decisions and motivational speaker for the players and management on how to conduct themselves during a match.

The whole lot of of them clearly lack the courage and 'know how' you have on making a difference. I look forward to your updates on how this goes or tune into a debate between you and them over a series of episodes on RTV.

@Harrogate Bluenose I think you should set up a meeting with the Rangers PR team to point out their flaws and nominate yourself to do the job as head of PR, compiler of dossier after every match of referee decisions and motivational speaker for the players and management on how to conduct themselves during a match.

The whole lot of of them clearly lack the courage and 'know how' you have on making a difference. I look forward to your updates on how this goes or tune into a debate between you and them over a series of episodes on RTV.

I dont get paid 350k or have the privilege to have an input to sort these things but if I was I would.

People wanting everyone and anyone connected with the club to take responsibility for speaking out about refereeing decisions is ridiculous.

This is not an issue for the board or the PR department. This is a football issue and for the footballing people (players and manager) to speak out on. If, for whatever reason, they feel unable to do so then we look at other avenues to get the message out there. Placemen in the media, ex players in press and media, RTV, blogs etc. All things that get the message out there but do not risk punishment for the club and heaps pressure on the refs.

Intimidation also works - not talking about tanning windows or threatening behaviour against them in the streets but the players (except Alfie) should be on their case constantly on the pitch. The way the players meekly accept some of the blatantly corrupt decisions is unacceptable. Captain should be able to make his point forcibly with others chipping in for good measure without risking bookings. We generally say and do nothing on the pitch.

If those in the footballing side of the business are not prepared to stand up for themselves then that, first and foremost, should be where our criticism is directed not the head of PR.

Can our PR and media team not do interviews, can they not pick up a phone to loyal ex employees in the media and ask them why are you not bringing things to the open the way as you say they do?

They have their own media platform, USE IT

Take them to task, why dont we run a poll. 80% of Rangers fans want to take them to task, not only me.

Will we have that poll?

I'm sure we all do, so a poll is pointless.

However, you are offering your solutions to all the problems, hence why you should approach the club as opposed to just messageboard chat. Don't you think if you have the know how, then that's what you should do?

Last edited:
I'm sure we all do, so a poll is pointless.

However, you are offering your solutions to all the problems, hence why you should approach the club as opposed to just messageboard chat. Don't you think if you have the know how, then that's what you should do?

its not just me m8, Its a very large majority of our fan base.

If they cant listened to tens of thousands why will they listen to me.

I might get a better chance of even acknowledgement when ticket sales go on sale.

Do we even have representation on the board, does Rangers First have a say?

We really need to speak about it now, it would make comment for and against in the media, people would take notice, yes we will get punished (probably fined because they need the money) but hey it worked it a treat for the Earls. For evil to succeed, all you need is for good men to do nothing. We will win nothing if we don't speak up.

I thought the early sound bites from him were promising, sadly it has gone all quiet.

On all fronts.

Everyone can see what is going on but fail to address it or speak out.

We should have our own journalists at our press conferences asking leading questions to allow the concerns to be raised.

What happens on the field is on Gerrard. Even at the weekend it was the presenter that asked him about and brought up the offside for the goal. He is standing their all calm and composed as if he couldn’t give a sh!t. If he doesn’t want to challenge decisions how do you expect the players too ?

He just doesn’t seem to get it, imagine Souness or Walter Smith after something like that. I’m pretty sure Don Robertson would have been physically accosted in the tunnel. Not Gerrard he shakes their hand “good game officials”.

Was it last season Kilmarnock scored a goal following a handball in the lead up, everyone that seen it agreed it was a foul, not Gerrard “it’s not a foul for me” he said similar after a blatant handball at Easter road that should have given us a penalty. We got one given against us in a game not long after for an identical situation.

ps not allowed a poll. Removed.

mark no likey

I think you need to calm yourself down on this issue - your rapidity and style of posting is taking away from any points you wish to make.

You started a new poll on a very similar theme to this one and added a poll - then you made a mess of the wording of the poll.

In short - the new thread was superfluous and flawed.

Can our PR and media team not do interviews, can they not pick up a phone to loyal ex employees in the media and ask them why are you not bringing things to the open the way as you say they do?

They have their own media platform, USE IT
Of course they can but primarily this is a football matter and it should be for the players and management team to stand up for themselves.

As I stated, however, should they feel that there are reasons that they can't do so then we explore other avenues such as you suggest.

My main concern is that in recent years we have witnessed several players on the receiving end of horrendous challenges, some of which put the players out for the remainder of the season and didn't even warrant the award of a free kick, yet the players on the pitch, with one or two exceptions, say and do nothing either to stand up for themselves or support their team mates. We give the opposition, and the refs who let them away with their thuggery, too easy a time on the pitch. All very well going in the huff and refusing to shake hands or speak to them after the event but where's the fight on the park. Where's the guys getting in the culprits face at the time, where's the guys in the refs face demanding action, where is any sort of indication that we are not some sort of soft touch.

Frustrates the he'll out of me that we meekly accept some of the sh1t that's given to us.

I’ll post this reply in this thread seeing as the one with the poll asking if our media team and PR department were doing enough got chopped.

It’s not a case of not doing enough, they’re not doing anything as far as I can see.

It’s not just the media or PR departments that are lacking in this fight it’s also our manager.

Steven Gerrard should be leading the way and mentioning, moaning and complaining about every single bad decision that goes against us.

It doesn’t matter if it’s an offside decision, opposition players not getting booked, our players unfairly getting booked, goals chalked off or even a throw in going against us EVERY decision should be contested. That also applies to our captain during the game.

Enoughs enough.

I think you need to calm yourself down on this issue - your rapidity and style of posting is taking away from any points you wish to make.

You started a new poll on a very similar theme to this one and added a poll - then you made a mess of the wording of the poll.

In short - the new thread was superfluous and flawed.

so we cant have a poll if done correctly?

think it would show fans are at an all time low with how we are fighting our corner.

I’ll post this reply in this thread seeing as the one with the poll asking if our media team and PR department were doing enough got chopped.

It’s not a case of not doing enough, they’re not doing anything as far as I can see.

It’s not just the media or PR departments that are lacking in this fight it’s also our manager.

Steven Gerrard should be leading the way and mentioning, moaning and complaining about every single bad decision that goes against us.

It doesn’t matter if it’s an offside decision, opposition players not getting booked, our players unfairly getting booked, goals chalked off or even a throw in going against us EVERY decision should be contested. That also applies to our captain during the game.

Enoughs enough.

At the end of the season, these illegal points that will be mounting will cost us.

so we cant have a poll if done correctly?

think it would show fans are at an all time low with how we are fighting our corner.

If you couch a poll in the terms you have you are effectively guaranteeing the result you want and therefore the result will not be taken seriously.

its not just me m8, Its a very large majority of our fan base.

If they cant listened to tens of thousands why will they listen to me.

I might get a better chance of even acknowledgement when ticket sales go on sale.

Do we even have representation on the board, does Rangers First have a say?

Tens of thousands rant and rave. Effectively what I'm saying is someone has to break ranks and approach the club. There's absolutely no difference going to be made with weekly 10 page threads on here. If you have the ideas and the answers then I say go for it.

If you couch a poll in the terms you have you are effectively guaranteeing the result you want and therefore the result will not be taken seriously.

ok poll question.

Q. Is our PR and Media doing enough in these challenging times.

A. yes or no

would this be ok?

Tens of thousands rant and rave. Effectively what I'm saying is someone has to break ranks and approach the club. There's absolutely no difference going to be made with weekly 10 page threads on here. If you have the ideas and the answers then I say go for it.

I hear you m8,

ok poll question.

Q. Is our PR and Media doing enough in these challenging times.

A. yes or no

would this be ok?

Anyone who has read this thread in which the general tenor is that there is a conspiracy involving our directors, media team, PR dept and Gerrard to accept bad publicity and poor refereeing are unlikely to disagree with the proposition when voting - and, from long experience, I suspect those who disagree with the proposition won't bother to vote as they will assume the result is a foregone conclusion and the poll mere a device to produce 'evidence' to support an already held position.

So fire up your poll if you want but be aware people are unlikely to give the result much credence.

Anyone who has read this thread in which the general tenor is that there is a conspiracy involving our directors, media team, PR dept and Gerrard to accept bad publicity and poor refereeing are unlikely to disagree with the proposition when voting - and, from long experience, I suspect those who disagree with the proposition won't bother to vote as they will assume the result is a foregone conclusion and the poll mere a device to produce 'evidence' to support an already held position.

So fire up your poll if you want but be aware people are unlikely to give the result much credence.

whats the point, you have just answered my fear. We have turned from a no surrender fan base to where is the white flag.

Downtrodden has become the norm.

I will voice my fears and fight, if other follow the lead who cares well fck them.

I don't want SG ranting about it in press conferences or the Club issuing statements.

Our social media should be driving the narrative. For example, have a clip on our Twitter feed showing the offsides on Sunday - create the news, start the discussion.

whats the point, you have just answered my fear. We have turned from a no surrender fan base to where is the white flag.

Downtrodden has become the norm.

Speak for yourself on that point. Some of us have been fighting the good fight on the media and football authority bias for 30 years or so and surrender isn't in our vocabulary.

You may wish to throw your hands up in horror and blame others - some of us recognise that turning around 30/40+ years of ineptitude and inactivity by successive Rangers boards is not going to be solved by the waving of a wand or the firing of a silver bullet.

I don't want SG ranting about it in press conferences or the Club issuing statements.

Our social media should be driving the narrative. For example, have a clip on our Twitter feed showing the offsides on Sunday - create the news, start the discussion.

compare and discus. Load the gun.

SG should not need to say 1 word, a smile and no comment when asked. But if never asked then feeding the narrative fails.

Speak for yourself on that point. Some of us have been fighting the good fight on the media and football authority bias for 30 years or so and surrender isn't in our vocabulary.

You may wish to throw your hands up in horror and blame others - some of us recognise that turning around 30/40+ years of ineptitude and inactivity by successive Rangers boards is not going to be solved by the waving of a wand or the firing of a silver bullet.

so what have we been doing since 2012? keeping our powder dry. A wee outburst about status quo?

Celtic referee strike and John Reids sack the ref, Vile and not proper yes, but hows that done for them since 2010?

Powder puff PR and Media we have, thats the truth.

If our social media team do as you say and drive the narrative, what happens when Gerrard doesn’t discuss it or says no comment during a Friday press conference when asked about referees?

The issue is dead.

He’s the manager, his job is on the line with all these “bad decisions” going against him.

Steven Gerrard has to lead the way on referee bias we face on a weekly basis.

If our social media team do as you say and drive the narrative, what happens when Gerrard doesn’t discuss it or says no comment during a Friday press conference when asked about referees?

The issue is dead.

He’s the manager, his job is on the line with all these “bad decisions” going against him.

he can choice his words wisely and even orchestrated.

Sometimes a wry smile, raised eyebrows on a loaded question, then a no comment is worth 1000 words.

External Press and Media then do the talking and we as a club are playing them at their own game.

One thing I can confirm is that he is pretty much firefighting every day. The amount of media sh*te he has to deal with surprised me.

There's only so far that can go, of course. No one could change the "Rangers bad, Celtic good" narrative.
He needs help then mate.

Fck ALL

Still trying to make friends whilst they snigger behind our backs.

Pathetic we are. No backbone.

Not true. During the SPFL vote last season we did win over support. We were seen as right but just some people decided not to vote with us for their own reasons.

We turn the tide slowly and surely. Ranting and raving at club level isn’t the way to win the war. We as fans can rant and rave and maybe we should be creating the social media environment that highlights the incompetence that others can’t then ignore.

Give the club a platform to work from without having to agree.

We've got to fight our corner and the dignified silence is no longer acceptable , none of them like us , not that that matters , and nobody has our back , but we don't even challenge the blatant bias against us which is not only infuriating and frustrating with our fans , but shows us as weak.
We are the biggest club in the country let's show them that......WATP

The issue is dead.

The issue isn't dead when we continue with the same strategy. Maybe we should post 'penalty stats', for example, comparisons of goals disallowed/given etc.

It doesn't have to framed as criticising the referees but simply analysing and debating the decisions, much like Sportscene does.

The issue isn't dead when we continue with the same strategy. Maybe we should post 'penalty stats', for example, comparisons of goals disallowed/given etc.
It doesn't have to framed as criticising the referees but simply analysing and debating the decisions, much like Sportscene does.
This, or similar, should be our first step.
Sorry, BB, I'm agreeing with you when I'm not sure who is meant by 'we'?:rolleyes:

Listen from 20 minutes onwards as Davie Edgar discusses the referee situation. He confirms he asked Gerrard the question at the press conference and hear his response.

We have gone incredibly quiet after an initial hard impact from David Graham.
In fact it seemed to happen after the SFA quietly dropped the legal inquiry that might have attempted to strip our titles.
I am sure some sort of deal was done where agreement was reached that bought our silence.

In fact it seemed to happen after the SFA quietly dropped the legal inquiry that might have attempted to strip our titles.
I am sure some sort of deal was done where agreement was reached that bought our silence.

Leave the conspiracy theories to Timmy.

Yes, just highlight the bad decisions we get make people notice how bad it really is.

Must have talked the talk to land himself the job.

But has been fairly quiet in his role ever since picking up the paychecks.

Rangers (club, players, fans) have been on the receiving end of bad PR for years, and still are, so I expected him to come in and firefight every day.

Maybe that isn't the best approach but at least we would know he is doing something.

P.S. Would fucking love to see Hoggy in that role. No nonsense. No backing down.

That’s absolute pish . I bet he’s working every day against the media.
Because he’s not about self - promotion don’t believe he’s not fighting our corner.

Behave yourself! What bloody deal would be worth that! That's rhetorical by the way.

Leave the conspiracy theories to Timmy.

What are your thoughts - When we were warned by the SPFL never to do that again. "THAT being something Mr Park supposedly said".

Now no conspiracy here. Just a fact we went oh so quiet immediately afterwards. Then news breaks our case is closed. And we never get a peep again. Why say statements thats the status quo cant continue when clearly it has.

Last edited:
Back