David Graham or whoever is in charge of communications and media

That’s absolute pish . I bet he’s working every day against the media.
Because he’s not about self - promotion don’t believe he’s not fighting our corner.

Obviously you like the man, maybe know him personally and by that can judge. I like his credentials. BUT why have a PR and Media man that is a scarlet pimpernel in being?

If he is continually fighting battles, lets hear them. Make it known x, y or z had to be contacted and our legal team involved due to lies etc. Get it out cause the debate. If we have done nothing wrong dont hide and dont hide the problem,

Is that you DG?

Maybe he knows him, knows how hard he works etc. I applaud that if true. All we need is to be more proactive publicly. Dont keep it in house. The way to sort out problem is to expose the haters and cause debate.

Eyes closed, fingers in ears and dignified approach has not worked.

We are the victims not the villains.

Not true. During the SPFL vote last season we did win over support. We were seen as right but just some people decided not to vote with us for their own reasons.

We turn the tide slowly and surely. Ranting and raving at club level isn’t the way to win the war. We as fans can rant and rave and maybe we should be creating the social media environment that highlights the incompetence that others can’t then ignore.

Give the club a platform to work from without having to agree.
But we're were not seen as right mate because the majority voted against it . It wasn,t some people it was the majority. Remember reading on here that tam English said we would have gotton at least 45% or so of the vote if we hand,t asked for the suspension of Doncaster and the lawyer guy .
The unfortunate thing is Scottish football is run on the lines of self-interest.the corrupt spfl always held the winning.card by threating to with hold money from clubs unless they finished the season. Which lead to the scum being awarded their tainted title.

You have put the boot into the PR guy and you like me know absolutely nothing on what goes on behind the scenes .
I will put my faith in David Graham because he eats, sleeps and breathes Rangers and that tells me he won’t let us down.

PR stands for public Relations not Private relations, just saying.

public relations

MARKETING. abbreviation for public relations: the activity of providing the public with information about your organization so that people have a positive idea of the organization's work: good/bad PR They have very good PR.

Our PR only comes alive on ticket renewal dates

Harrogate Bluenose is feeling as frustrated as the rest of us. The manager and the club say nothing when the cheating is there for all to see. Fans will tire of this and think 'what's the point'.
As I always say, Gerrard and the players will move on one day and will hardly give Rangers a second thought but myself and other Rangers fans will be ever present.
Rangers is more important to the fan than any manager, board director or player.

Listen from 20 minutes onwards as Davie Edgar discusses the referee situation. He confirms he asked Gerrard the question at the press conference and hear his response.

I first heard that at the Podcast after the press conference (I think) and my first thought was that it had been set up for Gerrard to say 'No Comment' but get it out there anyway. Probably wrong of course.

Must have talked the talk to land himself the job.

But has been fairly quiet in his role ever since picking up the paychecks.

Rangers (club, players, fans) have been on the receiving end of bad PR for years, and still are, so I expected him to come in and firefight every day.

Maybe that isn't the best approach but at least we would know he is doing something.

P.S. Would fucking love to see Hoggy in that role. No nonsense. No backing down.
Almost sounds like a politician eh

But we're were not seen as right mate because the majority voted against it . It wasn,t some people it was the majority. Remember reading on here that tam English said we would have gotton at least 45% or so of the vote if we hand,t asked for the suspension of Doncaster and the lawyer guy .
The unfortunate thing is Scottish football is run on the lines of self-interest.the corrupt spfl always held the winning.card by threating to with hold money from clubs unless they finished the season. Which lead to the scum being awarded their tainted title.

We were seen by an increasing number of clubs as highlighting issues that were not examples of good governance. The issue was they didn't feel strongly enough to blow the whole thing open for a number of reasons, some quite genuinely in the best short term interests of their club. Now we can argue about how good that is for the long term future of football and I would agree it isn't very good at all. But a year ago we would have had no support at all.

the situation wont change overnight, where i disagree with the H&H podcast is that having Gerrard whine about refereeing decisions every week wont change a thing, I think it will simply be presented by the MSM as whining and be detrimental to our cause.

We need to keep working away and building up political support in the game and outside the game. It took years to get to this point it will take a number of years to get out of this position. there is no quick fix. But remember one thing, we had enough chances to win that game outright on Sunday, our team shat it on the park, we need to address that, we have lost from a winning position 12 times under Gerrard that is the stat that is most in need of changing.

We were seen by an increasing number of clubs as highlighting issues that were not examples of good governance. The issue was they didn't feel strongly enough to blow the whole thing open for a number of reasons, some quite genuinely in the best short term interests of their club. Now we can argue about how good that is for the long term future of football and I would agree it isn't very good at all. But a year ago we would have had no support at all.

the situation wont change overnight, where i disagree with the H&H podcast is that having Gerrard whine about refereeing decisions every week wont change a thing, I think it will simply be presented by the MSM as whining and be detrimental to our cause.

We need to keep working away and building up political support in the game and outside the game. It took years to get to this point it will take a number of years to get out of this position. there is no quick fix. But remember one thing, we had enough chances to win that game outright on Sunday, our team shat it on the park, we need to address that, we have lost from a winning position 12 times under Gerrard that is the stat that is most in need of changing.
Your correct in we had enough chances to win the game on Sunday but you could also argue that we lost it due to an offside goal . You could argue that we lost to killie last season due to Alfie goal being chopped off for offside when it wasn,t . You could argue that we drew with Aberdeen as we had a penalty claim turned down. Same with hibs think it was last season play should have been stoped due to a foul on tab. I could go on.
While you are correct that an increasing number of clubs backed us the point I was trying to make is not enough clubs backed us. As I also pointed out and you seem to agree with the point self interest.
To be honest mate haven,t heard the hand and heart pod cast yet.but I agree with you we should highlight the refs failings. It is only detrimental to the cause because the Scottish media portray it as so.

Great post. And to add it’s hard to complain about refereeing in this instance when your own defence was an absolute car crash. But when the time comes round again we have to take it.

Great post. And to add it’s hard to complain about refereeing in this instance when your own defence was an absolute car crash. But when the time comes round again we have to take it.
But will we . We,'ve had plenty of opertunies in the past and done next to nothing about it.

Your correct in we had enough chances to win the game on Sunday but you could also argue that we lost it due to an offside goal . You could argue that we lost to killie last season due to Alfie goal being chopped off for offside when it wasn,t . You could argue that we drew with Aberdeen as we had a penalty claim turned down. Same with hibs think it was last season play should have been stoped due to a foul on tab. I could go on.
While you are correct that an increasing number of clubs backed us the point I was trying to make is not enough clubs backed us. As I also pointed out and you seem to agree with the point self interest.
To be honest mate haven,t heard the hand and heart pod cast yet.but I agree with you we should highlight the refs failings. It is only detrimental to the cause because the Scottish media portray it as so.

I think genuinely this is something that is very difficult for the club to do. Behind the scenes I am sure the club meet regularly with Crawford Allan. I am sure the issues are raised again and again. But to have our manager slate referees public ally after a game isn’t something I would approve of. Think it would be detrimental to the club.

We have another option. We have a huge fan base and some excellent fan media. With social media we could and should be making fan viewpoint on referees clear. That can apply pressure if done effectively. To me that would then give the club more power as they can then use fan concerns to further pressure those in power.

This is not an easy issue or a quick fix.

Some of our fans won’t be happy until it’s some guy from the Grapes who is in charge of our PR and, even then, they’ll moan because he’s not shaved or in a suit or something.

I can't help think about popcorn teeth if those decisions had gone against Celtic. He'd have been ranting and raving. The officials would have been hung out to dry. Our manager again meekly accepts the decisions and says nothing. He's learned nothing since he's been here.
And he would have been supported by his board and the press. A referee seeing his reputation called out in the papers makes him think twice, either to be honest or a cheat depending on which club calls it out.

That’s unfair. Very harsh

based on what? I've certainly not seen any change in tone/output from the club. I appreciate he will be set guidelines by the board, so may not be his fault, but the original post is right in that it's fair to underwhelmed when we thought there might be an improvement, and there clearly has been zero change.

Back