David Luiz

Porto Loyal

I really struggle to see why he still gets a game, especially at centre back. He cost Arsenal 2 points yesterday as he can't defend one-on-one, and there have been numerous similar episodes over the year. No surprise Frank Lampard wanted rid of him.

FF thoughts?

Watching highlights of game on sky now, Watford missed and botched some right good chances second half.

Fuuk Arsenal, 25 million money laundering bastards.

You seen the rest of that Arsenal defence? They remain in very deep doo-doo, a heartless bunch of wasters.

Never understood how he moves to really big clubs for crazy transfer fees, don't think I've ever watched him play and seen what some managers clearly see, he's fkn pish

Never understood how he moves to really big clubs for crazy transfer fees, don't think I've ever watched him play and seen what some managers clearly see, he's fkn pish

he is all that is wrong in professional football today.

A professional who does not do the basics at all well

Hes a decent player ... but he has far to many "bombscare" moments to be fully comfortable with him - Arsenal have needed a no nonsense centre back for nearly 15 years - yet still try and buy ball playing centre backs.

He’s nowhere near as bad as folk make out and at times he can be a rock. However it seems that when others take risks around him, he starts taking risks too.

He flatters to deceive, looks more comfortable on the ball than he really is, been gaff prone with Brazil , Chelsea and now Arsenal when under pressure. I can remember him playing as a holding midfielder for Chelsea and he did OK.

Saw a tweet yesterday saying in 160 games for Chelsea he conceded 3 penalties, it’s now 2 in 4 games for Arsenal.

but it's not Arsenal's proper defence, they are missing Bellerin (crap at defending) and £25m superstar (not up to that level and more likely injured).

would probably say until the manager changes that Luiz and Sokratis are their "proper" CBs

best time of his career is when Jose played him cdm. was good there and when he had his bombscare moments he had terry and cahill behind him to cover

I think he's a good defender when you set up the team to minimise his errors and get the best out of him.

However, this Arsenal team are as open as a prozzies legs just now. 27 attempts at goal Watford had yesterday.....in the 2nd half alone!! There's no protection for the defence at all, which highlights Luiz's flaws.

Emery needs to do some real work on shape & structure, or he actually is under pressure for his job as his contract is up this summer.

He made some good interceptions yesterday, particularly the long range shot he got his head to.

Souness summed it up though...you won’t wait long for him to make another blunder.

I really struggle to see why he still gets a game, especially at centre back. He cost Arsenal 2 points yesterday as he can't defend one-on-one, and there have been numerous similar episodes over the year. No surprise Frank Lampard wanted rid of him.

FF thoughts?
An absolute bombscare if a defender, Arsenal’s defence had been crap for years incidentally

Looks as though he can stroll it at times and looks top class but there’s always that crazy moment you know is coming. Usually results in a goal or a red card.

It's another one of lifes mysteries how this guy is a multi-millionaire professional footballer. You would think for to play as a centre half you might have to be even a wee bit good at defending.

Must have some fuckin agent.

Now that he’s left Chelsea and I don’t need to watch his performances, I can now appreciate how utterly fucking hilarious he is

Needs a dominant CH beside him imo.

Lazy tackle for the pen. Amazes me that Arsenal after all these years still haven't signed a dominant CH and a beast of a DM.

Needs a dominant CH beside him imo.

Lazy tackle for the pen. Amazes me that Arsenal after all these years still haven't signed a dominant CH and a beast of a DM.

Khedira was the one who got away. If they’d signed him all those years ago they’d have had some side.

FF thoughts?
You do realise he wasn't the big haired Idiot that sold the goal, right?

Who the %^*& looks at a football team and thinks a spine built on Luiz and Xhaka is a good idea... Arsenal are going to get what they deserve this season - comedy shite.

Back