David Marshall gives an insight into Heart and Hand

Shamrock hand and crown

Been reading his tweets and him giving a bit of insight to the thought process of the podder.
I confess I love Heart and Hand and it probably has become the voice of the people . However, the thing I like most about it is the fact that you do have various points of view and the are debated in a civilised and constructive way.
Keep up the good work Dave Marshall

love heart and hand, i'll listen to them and their news anyday of the week over the mainstream pish that is inferior in quality (Which tells you a lot when guys sitting in a room in their house can outstrip the guys who call journalism a career!)

Only drawback is more and more they are rippin' the knitting right out of my misophonia slurpin drinks and eating their dinners while podding! :mad::D

There was a particular troll/serial bore last week who decided to have a go at the pod.

Wont name him as that’s what he would like.
He was going on about fan media being given “exclusives” before the club even announced or had a video up officially.

He was of course wrong as Rangers had their exclusive video out first as is normal.

It was pointed out to the complainer by several people that he was indeed wrong, and if he’d like to retract his comments.

He skulked off without the decency to reply and admit he got it wrong when he was proven wrong.
Shows the lack of character some have.

Heart and Hand is absolutely brilliant for us Rangers fans. And for the Daily Record lurkers I was once a daily reader rain, hail or shine. I bought your paper regardless of how Rangers were playing. I would go walking for miles in Spain or Greece on holiday looking and hoping to find somewhere that I could get my paper even if it was 2 or 3 days old news. That passion is long gone and you have only yourselves to blame for losing good loyal customers like myself. You chose to demonise our club and people and for that fact I look forward to when you are no more.

Power to Heart and Hand.

Last edited:
love heart and hand, i'll listen to them and their news anyday of the week over the mainstream pish that is inferior in quality (Which tells you a lot when guys sitting in a room in their house can outstrip the guys who call journalism a career!)

Only drawback is more and more they are rippin' the knitting right out of my misophonia slurpin drinks and eating their dinners while podding! :mad::D
I love H&H but yeah. This does my nut in too. Maybe petty in the grand scheme of things but my misophonia is pretty bad to the extent that if I ever do happen to kill someone it’ll be because they crunched Their food too loudly near me.

I've seen a few on Twitter have a go at the club for using fan media. How can people be so blind.

Rangers have been in a battle with the media with what feels like forever now. All we ask for is fair and balanced reporting. They choose to constantly stick the boot in, twist words or just completely make up stories.

Most recently the Daily Record's siding with the SPFL/Celtic over the complete and utter farce that was the end of the 19/20 season and also Club 1872 forcing a retraction out of them over a made up story was the final straw for many. The tabloids have made their bed and deserve to die a slow painful death.

I don't see it as a risky game ignoring the tabloids any more, their relevance is evaporating. The days of every man buying a paper in the morning is fizzling out.

Fan media and platforms like The Athletic are the future. We don't want sensationalism or lies. We just want the truth and analysis.

Well done to the fans who have earned the clubs trust with some fine work over the last few years. No one can say David Edgar won't hold anyone to account, one of the only men who criticised David Murray at the height of our successes.

I've seen a few on Twitter have a go at the club for using fan media. How can people be so blind.

Rangers have been in a battle with the media with what feels like forever now. All we ask for is fair and balanced reporting. They choose to constantly stick the boot in, twist words or just completely make up stories.

Most recently the Daily Record's siding with the SPFL/Celtic over the complete and utter farce that was the end of the 19/20 season and also Club 1872 forcing a retraction out of them over a made up story was the final straw for many. The tabloids have made their bed and deserve to die a slow painful death.

I don't see it as a risky game ignoring the tabloids any more, their relevance is evaporating. The days of every man buying a paper in the morning is fizzling out.

Fan media and platforms like The Athletic are the future. We don't want sensationalism or lies. We just want the truth and analysis.

Well done to the fans who have earned the clubs trust with some fine work over the last few years. No one can say David Edgar won't hold anyone to account, one of the only men who criticised David Murray at the height of our successes.

The "They dont speak for me" brigade never went away.

It's him responding to a couple of idiots on twitter who arent happy for some reason that the club are going with fan led media like heart and hand. One of the moaners is a guy who has never got over Rangers first being part of club1872 and as @SuperGers07 says would love his name to be mentioned. Hoggy pulled him up saying he was talking crap and he had no response other than to block him. The other person I have saw on twitter moaning is constantly negative about the club as well.

Read the argument on twitter, as for being too close to the club we are to much of a diverse support to allow that to happen after all we cannot agree on anything.

It's been asked often enough but it's so true - would we rather Rangers news and content was communicated to fan groups/media or to terrible journos who work at terrible news outlets that never have anything good to say about us? The Heart and Hand boys along with Four Lads etc put out some great content and deserve to be in a position to give us "EXCLUSIVE" :)))) interviews.

A great podcast, listen to it every day. The content available for the 1.99 tier is excellent value for money and I would urge every Rangers fan to subscribe, it really is worthwhile.

When this is all Corona stuff is over I hope they do a live show!

You have a strange section of the support that does not like any Rangers fan having success in any Rangers related field. For some reason they’d rather get their news from Rangers haters.

There's a wee section who will actively go out of their way to sabotage anyone who does so - or doesn't fit with their view of what Rangers fans should think and say.

I just need to look at how certain stuff I've written was presented on here and other forums in the past. (Critical of the club/board = 19th Century Terrorist tramp taking their shilling. Critical of Celtic/SPFL - Good guy)

Heart and hand have never shied away form asking difficult questions. Personally would like to see them at every weeks press conference they represent fans way more than the Scottish MSM ever do. They would ask the questions the fans want answered. They would also help improve the output of MSM. The world is changing, these guys produce top content keeps me entertained quality is excellent they should have way more subscribers. Way cheaper than a news paper and way better.

Heart and Hand,4 Lads had a dream and Jordan Campbell in The Athletic is where I get my news .I would love H & H tactics guru , Adam Thornton to get press access, his analysis of games is exceptional

H&H is superb. Been a listener since fairly early on and subscribed to the Patreon as soon as it was available.

With the way the press has deteriorated in the last decade or so fan-led media is absolutely the way forward, so great to see them getting more official recognition than the gutter rags who snipe at us constantly yet whine when they don’t get exclusives.

Heart and Hand is absolutely brilliant for us Rangers fans. And for the Daily Record lurkers I was once a daily reader rain, hail or shine. I bought your paper regardless of how Rangers were playing. I would go walking for miles in Spain or Greece on holiday looking and hoping to find somewhere that I could get my paper even if it was 2 or 3 days old news. That passion is long gone and you have only yourselves to blame for losing good loyal customers like myself. You chose to demonise our club and people and for that fact I look forward to when you are no more.

Power to Heart and Hand.

Good post. I used to do the same never missed a day buying the Record. Unfortunately the Record stopped wanting me to buy their newspaper. They chose to demonise our club nothing will ever get me to go back to buying the record. I don't think they will survive, new media like Heart and hand are way better ways of getting my news on the club.

I genuinely think the record and the Sun will never ever see Rangers fans returning in numbers, their model is dying, their behaviour has actually accelerated their demise. No sympathy, some sadness as i used to enjoy the paper every day.

Being in Canada there is no way to really consume the scottish MSM regularly. However, in saying that, my daily routine would normally involve frequent visits to FF and 'Newsnow:Rangers'. Since the time I subscribed to H&H, I think I maybe get on to Newsnow once a week out of sheer boredom. There really was no point; shitty stories ,lies, speculation etc. I don't miss it and get everything I need from H&H Daily Update.

Get subscribed, bin the MSM and start listening to real Rangers News by REAL Rangers people - It also helps your studies for the Mr.Bearightside Daily FF quizzes ;)

Power to Heart and Hand.
When I lived in Spain for a couple of years, Fuengirola, there was a shop near the centre of the town which sold the Record. My daily routine would be head out for a coffee and fresh orange, then to the paper shop buy the Record and read over a few beers at a bar on the way home. Were I still in Spain I'd do the same routine but miss out the paper shop and get my news from here or other sources such as H&H while having my afternoon beer.

As a subscriber from the get go I dont want fellow supporters of the club who have a platform to bring information to us and offer reasoned debate and analysis just to tell me what I want to hear.

I find myself mostly agreeing with what is said and sometimes not agreeing but that doesn't mean I or they are any more or any less of a supporter nor does it give either any right to claim so.

Rangers giving first dibs to fan media on the Hagi signing is a watershed moment not just for H and H and fan led media as a whole (or whoever in future gets the gig) but also a watershed moment for the dregs of the MSM in this coup.

Make no mistake the MSM have just had an arm cut off publicly and it's not going to be long until just the torso is left to bleed out. Not before time either by Rangers to do this, should have been done years ago.

I think you can absolutely guarantee it!

How about a "virtual" live show / live stream for lockdown?

(As I live abroad, my motives are obviously less than altruistic but I'm led to believe that the cool, young and hip podcasts do this sort of thing). :))

I'm loving more fan driven media.

Hope it grows even further.

I want them to have access to press conferences.

I'm not on social media, so mainly just H&H for me.

The odd CJNovo video on you tube.

Will always get fans that want to moan and complain.

For me a lot has to do with jealousy. It could be you, if you spend the time growing a platform, show you can gain viewers, the club will work with you.

Dont berate people for trying something and being successful, because you dont have the drive or ambition to give it a try.

Sadly our support will always be split on matters like these.

We need both camps. So will just need to shrug our shoulders at the other camp and get on with it.

There's a wee section who will actively go out of their way to sabotage anyone who does so - or doesn't fit with their view of what Rangers fans should think and say.

I just need to look at how certain stuff I've written was presented on here and other forums in the past. (Critical of the club/board = 19th Century Terrorist tramp taking their shilling. Critical of Celtic/SPFL - Good guy)

Yup, it's a sad state of affairs. Seen the likes of Craig Houston and Chris Graham on the end of it.

There's also a wee crew that slaughter Club1872's every move.

There was a particular troll/serial bore last week who decided to have a go at the pod.

Wont name him as that’s what he would like.
He was going on about fan media being given “exclusives” before the club even announced or had a video up officially.

He was of course wrong as Rangers had their exclusive video out first as is normal.

It was pointed out to the complainer by several people that he was indeed wrong, and if he’d like to retract his comments.

He skulked off without the decency to reply and admit he got it wrong when he was proven wrong.
Shows the lack of character some have.
Some people cannot stomach the success of others because they think they are important.
The H & H team have worked very hard over a long period of time to produce so much material that it’s hard to keep up at times.
The reason for the success is that hard work and dedication.
Equal kudos to @mdingwall and team for all your hard work in keeping this forum going and continuing to make it relevant and interesting.

How about a "virtual" live show / live stream for lockdown?

(As I live abroad, my motives are obviously less than altruistic but I'm led to believe that the cool, young and hip podcasts do this sort of thing). :))
We've contemplated it......it definitely would not be the same as we could not guarantee things not being recorded, etc.

But I'll have a good think on what we could do to mix it up

Scottish football fans are the worst severed anywhere in Europe for MSM coverage of the game.

Not sure why the entire industry though it was a good idea to go down the path they did but with fan media taking over then it's all worked out for the best, apart from them.

It's almost like selling a product then deciding to make that product utter shite while also deliberately antagonising your customer base is maybe not the best idea.

Fhannies.

I love heart and hand and I trust David Edgar to not turn into a patsy for the board, but can’t remember any of the regular podders disagreeing with him.

Andy McGowan and Alex Staff are probably the only 2 who seem to formulate their own opinions.

We've contemplated it......it definitely would not be the same as we could not guarantee things not being recorded, etc.

But I'll have a good think on what we could do to mix it up

I would just like to know what the poders look like? David aside, all I've seen is the christmas party photo and its not clear who everyone is. Listening to the voices everyday, I'd like to put a face to them.

Back