David Tanner - Celtic asked Hibs to move the game eight times

I hope you are correct mate but I wouldn’t be surprised if he were to pitch up at Dens Park at some point. Nelms, Strachan etc, seems a natural fit for him, although I would pity some of the decent Dees fans who would have to suffer him if it were to become a reality.
Would serve them right for their shenanigans at the start of all of this. They deserve each other.

Tanner is the type of guy to play it straight down the middle so for him to come out and say that! Lol
I went to a sportsman’s dinner a few years back. The guests were Souness, Lennon, and the host was Tanner.
The three of them believe it or not were the best of buddies, so for Tanner to publicly have a go like that is really something.

The spfl should have demanded that they not go on their holiday, and instead catch up on their backlog of fixtures, last season they played an extra fixture when no other teams had games scheduled, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I may be wrong, but, I didn't recall much sign of contrition from either the club or fans at the time. If I am wrong I will stand corrected
You’re probably right mate. I was meaning ‘the Club’ in the abstract sense. As for the Dundee support, there’s no doubt that there will have been some fans dismayed by their management executive’s behaviour. Whether or not that was given sufficient media coverage (mainstream or social) is another matter though.

Let’s just hope that when Neil Lennon pisses off, he does so for good. The country will be a far better place for it.

Jim White getting stuck into the bigot here, Simon Jordan is an appeaser and has wolf whistled a moon howler to call in B-D
What a weird year when Jum is saying Lennon has misread the room
Jim is being sky jim as lennon targeted Walker and sky.
jordan taking the lennon is an employee not a final decision maker.
I think the lennon ‘rant’ will bring their supporters to his side and blame lawwell and the government.

Glad that has been made public for the first time.
It clearly shows that the SPFL will do anything that Celtic want if they can find a way of making it happen.
Although it would make no financial sense, this is the type of example that does make me somewhat concerned the football authorities may try to end the season early with a null and void call if it is in favour of their club.
Having said that, his outburst yesterday puts them in a very difficult position.
The authorities do not have the authority to do this at this point.
Clubs refused to give them that power when they asked for it.
Thats not to say I trust the clubs any more than I trust the league authorities.

Because the SPFL ask the clubs to try their best to reach an agreement first before they step in.

I actually remember reading about the rule a few years ago, if memory serves it was first brought in with the intention of it being used at the start of a season so teams can, if they wish, play in a glamour pre season tournament somewhere and earn more cash, not so they can go on a jolly in the Sun in winter.

I believe it can only be done once per season as well, but I can’t remember where I read that so I’m happy to stand corrected if this is not the case.

The spfl should have demanded that they not go on their holiday, and instead catch up on their backlog of fixtures, last season they played an extra fixture when no other teams had games scheduled, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
What extra fixture?

They have just gone into full self destruct. They know it's over and there's nothing to lose in their eyes so they are just making as much noise and being as disruptive as possible . Particularly Lennon as he knows his time is up at the bheasts. They really are a rancid horrible little club. I hope they get heavy punishment for their actions of late but you just Know the filth that run our game are scurrying around in the background desperately trying to find ways to let them off with it. The trouble for the bheasts is this time they have gone way too far so even their cheerleaders will have to be seen to be doing something about it.

You’re probably right mate. I was meaning ‘the Club’ in the abstract sense. As for the Dundee support, there’s no doubt that there will have been some fans dismayed by their management executive’s behaviour. Whether or not that was given sufficient media coverage (mainstream or social) is another matter though.

Let’s just hope that when Neil Lennon pisses off, he does so for good. The country will be a far better place for it.
Can't argue with that. He is a person who is not likeable on so many levels, no loss to football.

If at first you don't succeed...

...use your placemen to get what you want
It is interesting that during the press conference he mentioned that he talked to Lawwell every day. That implies that they talked about Lawwells video and apology, and everything mentioned in Lennon outburst. This was a planned rant IMO. Getting some digs in to certain people as a warning to get back in line perhaps. This has been done with Lawwells backing.

It is interesting that during the press conference he mentioned that he talked to Lawwell every day. That implies that they talked about Lawwells video and apology, and everything mentioned in Lennon outburst. This was a planned rant IMO. Getting some digs in to certain people as a warning to get back in line perhaps. This has been done with Lawwells backing.

Interesting angle, and could well be right JC.

I wouldn’t put it beyond either of them.

You just know that Lennon's rant yesterday is actually the real position held within that cesspit of a club and I include Lawell in that. Lawell made that "apology" because he had nowhere else to turn.
He made an apology to celtic fans and celtic only. Probably had his fingers crossed at the time :)

Not just in football. I remember the website punchaceleb.com where you smacked various people in the head virtually.
There were politicians, singers, sports stars etc but Lennon was ahead by millions B-)
I remember that well. - I set up a wee routine that left me pc auto-punching while I was away from it. I reckon I landed the majority of them B-)

If he is for the off, hopefully he goes down swinging on Sky pre & post match tomorrow.
I’d prefer him to stay until we clinch the league so he is forced to congratulate us. That would be sweet.

But if it is this week then I hope he has a full Kevin Keegan style meltdown tomorrow night after they drop even more points to Livi on that plastic pitch, but this time with their full team playing.

A contentious offside against them or penalty would tip him over the edge I think.

It’s simple they wanted a few extra days to recover from the Dubai lager drinking. Well the players anyway the manager is clearly still tanking the duty free daily.

Heard that a few weeks ago and its honestly the most ludicrous rule I think I’ve ever heard.
( if they can’t agree then they adhere to the home teams wishes)
is that not just “ home team say what’s happening”

yep - imagine if we had tried to move a game v them to when they had 13 player isolating? (I know they had a game midweek)

Back