David Turnbull Covid +

The fact he trained, travelled and most likely ate/mingled with the team and not one other member has to isolate? Did he sit himself on the bus through 2m apart from everyone haha.

surely this can’t be right and needs questioned?

They were informed late last night
Reports suggest the players were tested - by their clubs - on Wednesday. The Dhims do their own testing so would have results fairly quickly. Even if it took until the Thursday they’d have then first. I did see a suggestion that he tested negative first time but positive on the second test (which might have been done on Thursday). Either way, it’s not a case of the SFA telling the Dhims, it’s the Dhims telling the SFA that their player tested positive.

Celtic would have had the positive test result back on Thursday, so would have known then. I find it hard, therefore, to believe that Turnbull trained on Friday or travelled to the hotel on Friday afternoon. He may well have trained on Thursday morning though.
Turnbull was away with the U21 squad so wouldn’t have been tested by Celtic on Wednesday.

So are players exempt from the laws of the land where those in close proximity of those diagnosed positive must self isolate?

You would imagine at least his room mate (if they are sharing) plus a few others would be affected by this.

Very strange someone tests positive and no one around them needs to isolate, regardless of "they got a test"

Turnbull was away with the U21 squad so wouldn’t have been tested by Celtic on Wednesday.
You’re right, I was a day out. :( So tested on Thursday then. My primary point is that it was the clubs who conducted the tests, so for those who tested positive it’s largely irrelevant when the SFA told them the player had to isolate. They would have been aware before the SFA were. That delay by the SFA is only relevant for the contacts.

Be a right laugh when half their squad tests positive after the next round of tests. Probably better to take a 3-0 default loss in Prague rather than chance a total pumping again if they tried to play the match.

So are players exempt from the laws of the land where those in close proximity of those diagnosed positive must self isolate?

You would imagine at least his room mate (if they are sharing) plus a few others would be affected by this.

Very strange someone tests positive and no one around them needs to isolate, regardless of "they got a test"
They won’t be rooming in the current climate. I also think this is a thing of the past

giphy.gif

The fact he trained, travelled and most likely ate/mingled with the team and not one other member has to isolate? Did he sit himself on the bus through 2m apart from everyone haha.

surely this can’t be right and needs questioned?
Think those rules are for the plebs mate;)

Surprised this isn't a bigger deal. Assuming he has no symptoms, his close contacts from the last 48hours should be isolating now.

Their squads test results in coming could weeks could be interesting if Turnbull has trained with their first team all day yesterday and in general mingled with them all.

Did we have any players in the 21s?

I'd find that very hard to believe, if he trained yesterday as was reported.
Wouldn't be like them to cover things up.

End of the day mate it won't make a great deal of difference. If he's been close contact the reality is a few more of their first team squad will be impacted in the coming week. Just sit back and laugh at the bedlam that follows if so.

When I had covid, I was asked if I'd followed all guidelines at work and, depute me making clear this meant I'd been in the same couple of rooms for 7 hours with at least 20 others for most of the week before hand, the fact I'd followed the guidelines was enough for nobody else to isolate which I found utterly ridiculous.

When I had covid, I was asked if I'd followed all guidelines at work and, depute me making clear this meant I'd been in the same couple of rooms for 7 hours with at least 20 others for most of the week before hand, the fact I'd followed the guidelines was enough for nobody else to isolate which I found utterly ridiculous.

at our school if it in your bubble you must isolate, not sure about scotland

No matter what if shortcuts have been taken regards who was in close contact it will come back to bite them for sure.

Back