David Turnbull will now sign for celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come the usual 'radar' stats geeks on here who've been championing Turnbull never produced the stats showing that they seem to predict his form was likely a purple patch and unsustainable.

Aye the boy will now be under heavy pressure to deliver from the fans , when they turn up at Ibrox and get pumped he will get destroyed from them as an over paid money grabber , can’t fucking wait to enjoy the show

They are struggling to get anyone else so went back in begging and paid him what he wanted.

Lets get Aribo over the line and laugh some more

Really haven’t seen a lot of the boy but I remember seeing this goal and thinking how basic a mistake this was, caught ridiculously square on when he had plenty time to be able to receive on the half turn.

Young players will make mistakes on the ball, we've seen Kamara make two against the Sheep and Killie.

He's a talented prospect, but not sure he's worth £3m and £20k/week (presumably).

Young players will make mistakes on the ball, we've seen Kamara make two against the Sheep and Killie.

He's a talented prospect, but not sure he's worth £3m and £20k/week (presumably).

The cost to me is relevant to the league you’re in.

Decent player and potential for us doesn’t equal value at 3mill

I don’t think it does for them either but couldn’t give a %^*&

Any English epl/championship side and it’s buttons

giphy.gif

The cost to me is relevant to the league you’re in.

Decent player and potential for us doesn’t equal value at 3mill

I don’t think it does for them either but couldn’t give a %^*&

Any English epl/championship side and it’s buttons

I'm quite happy for them to spend £3m on their centre-mid, as long as they keep neglecting their defence.

Forget the team and the player but this young kid has just had a whole load of added pressure heaped on his shoulders.

He better make a quick impression or it will turn ugly.

Reactions: Dom
Forget the team and the player but this young kid has just heaped a whole load of added pressure on his shoulders.

He better make a quick impression or it will turn ugly.
Not to mention the fact current players know a 19 year old is on 20k a week roughly and will be lining up outside the managers door for a pay rise

Was hoping he wasn't going to sign for #celtic knew, my son in law is a Well fan,and says Turncoat/Turnball is 10 times the player Hastie is,and would pay £3mill for him as he will be worth £10mill in a few years.Just saying like.

Just on sky very impressed with Norwich but the scum the best move for his career right now.
Good player but hope he is a flops for them
Could be a match winner for them in tight games
I’m bemused by this one.
A decent half season, a decent, Lafferty style, post split, to be more accurate, has amplified his achievements.
Yes he may well be a good player but, there is nothing there other than potential.
Talk of being a match winner a way premature.
In my opinion.

Sorry lads but is this £20k actually true of FF speculation?

Huge gamble spending £3m on a kid.

As a poster said above lets get Aribo in....compare them both there is only ever one winner in value for money.

Thought Norwich in the EPL wanted him?
Ply your trade and improve not only as a player and an individual in arguably the best league in the world OR earn a bit of money winning the odd trophy here and there wearing the shame stained shirt of Septic FC ? No brainer to someone with half a brain.
May a promising future and career end up exactly where your heading Son.
The Feckin Gutter.
BOTTLER.

Not gonna lie I've quite enjoyed this saga. Work with a few Motherwell fans as well as the usual couple of bitter tims and seeing both sides pissed off has been funny.

Hope the signing ends up a disaster now.

It would actually split me if the boy now went on a buckfast and chicken supper binge to celebrate his new wealth and turned into a fat mess dud. LOL

• Doesnt want to join celtic
  • Celtic PR publicly slates him, however deal still on table
  • Celtic assistant manager publicly slates him
  • Boy goes to Norwich for talks
  • Celtic publicly pull out
  • Celtic fans absolutely slaughter the boy on social media
  • Boy knocks back Norwich
  • Celtic , who publiclly pull out, go back in for him
  • Boy whos played 30 games in his career agrees a 23k a week deal

absolutely bat shit mental and is a recipe for disaster
Money talks in football,no loyalty whatsoever.

I’m guessing that Norwich haven’t seen him as any more than a youth team/reserve player and offered him wages to reflect that. He hasn’t liked what he’s heard and came back up the road with his tail between his legs, not before playing a blinder with the tic.
i think youve just outed yourself there

He’s a good player. Given the protection on the pitch the scum jersey seems to be afforded,he will do reasonably well. Not anywhere near as well as they will expect him to though.

This is an insane deal on all levels. I hope he gets a start every week next season, because he is nowhere near good enough

How come the usual 'radar' stats geeks on here who've been championing Turnbull never produced the stats showing that they seem to predict his form was likely a purple patch and unsustainable.
I did on the other thread, but it got chopped.

There is absolutely no doubt that his form is unsustainable. He scored 12 goals when he should have scored 4. Even if he was the best finisher on the planet, he shouldn't have scored more than 6.

Yet another indication that regression to the mean is going to hit Celtic hard.

The lad hasn't actually done anything wrong. Both clubs had bids accepted and he wanted to hear what was on offer. Highly unlikely the lad would be a starter at Norwich.

Be interesting to hear if Celtic "topped" his wages after the lad had visited Norwich.
Celtic chucked the toys out of the pram and now look a little daft as the player wants to join them.

Certain Turnbull signing will mean they will lose Ntcham, Rogic or McGregor.
He is not as good as any of the three mentioned above although Ntcham and Rogic were pi** last season overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back